Rants from a newb to newbs about Re-equipping issue in wars

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Sexy_Monster, Jul 19, 2013.

1. It's me again, the biggest newb in kaw :D.... *awkward silence*.... Ok, to the point!
    Under the new war system, participants are unable to re-equip once a matchup has been made.
    Certain eb require certain equipment to complete.

A problem arises when you are signed up for war and are in an eb that requires a certain piece of equipment.
    Let's say an abyssal blade (pointy purple poker) and Torrent Talisman are required (the eb would be SR). You obediently don the poker and choker and start hacking away at that stupid tree... then your clan gets a matchup. The duration of the eb is shortened, and you foolishly think to yourself, "i should swtch equipment". .So, you go to your equipment, equip your reaper or mace..... and nothing happens. So you are stuck with whatever gear you have on and have to go to war.

Just for giggles, let's look at the stats of those equipment (let's assume none of them have been enchanted)

[​IMG]
    abyssal blade: stats: +10% attk +10% spy attk
    [​IMG]
    Torrent Talisman: stats: +5m def +675,000 spy def
    [​IMG]
    Soulreaper: stats:+14m attk +14m spy attk +400k def +200k spy def
    [​IMG]
    Crown of the Red Sun: stats: +2m attk +270k spy attk +4m def +540k spy def
    As you can see, by not allowing to requip, the player is at a huge disadvantage.
    My solution is to have the equipment that the player has on when they cast woc logged, and then all equipment will be interchangeable until 10min before war, when their equipment is automatically switched to what they had on when they casted.

Sincerely,
    the biggest noob in kaw,
    c6h12o6 (in a hurry><)

2. They started requiring equip for ebs?

Boy do i feel late

3. Biggest thing would be to plan around wars. You now know that once matched you can not change equip soooooooooooo logic would tell you not to do an EB right before a war that includes a piece of equip that you may not want to get stuck with. Just sayin. Make sure you have on all the equip you want for war before war starts.

4. I agree with Acetown, why do a big eb when you're about to war?

5. I agree with acetown, you're a moron for running SR right before war.

6. Actually that is a really good idea. Lock equipment to certain pieces when the match was made so right before war starts, the equip is automatically put on that the person signed up for

7. It's not a matter of why run that eb so much as why not allow people the option to change around equip before a war, but just log what they had equipped when the match was made. It is a very good idea for these such instances lol

8. Either way you signed up to war, make sure you have the equip you want when it comes time for it to be locked. Part of planning and preparing.

9. Or start war banning people exploiting the equipment stripping before match up so legit players can actually change gear during war. Easier to gimp those who don't try to gain the system though.