Potions and troop losses

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by RayAlmighty, Jun 5, 2010.

1. When u battle both side lose troops. However when u use pots they increase your chance to win. What effect do they have on the soldiers? Do they reduce the number of troops you lose in the battle? Do they increase the number of troops the defender loses (assuming you won)? Etc?

Thx

2. Yes to both ur questions to an extent

3. I originally thought that so I tried it in a battle where I hit a kingdom with 2 different potions and with no potions. My troop loss and the defender's troop loss were exactly the same regardless of whether I use a potion or not. is anyone finding the same results?

4. For spies, you lose a lot more spies when you fail, than when you win. Pots don't seem to change anything aside from winning or losing. I don't attack, so I don't know about troops.

5. My observation: after dev change the potions usage, it doesn't affect troops lost anymore. Prior to that, you can use potions to reduce the number of soldiers lost.

6. I can lose up to 10,000 spies if I fail while trying to steal from someone using pots....it sucks

7. Atk pots do still affect troop loss, as of about an hour ago anyway.

There's a thing called "min troop loss". It's when you attack and win and lose 1/24th of your total units.

When you're losing that many troops when you attack a defender, using atk pots won't change anything. But if you're losing more than that, then adding pots can get you to min troop loss, potentially.

Sometimes you can attack a given defender until your troops are almost empty before you start losing more than min troops, and if you add the right atk pot for subsequent attacks, can still get min troop loss.

If you beat the defender, he loses a fixed amount of troops. Doesn't matter if you beat him by a little or by a ton, doesn't matter if you use pots or not, his troop loss will be the same every time he loses.

8. Ahh I see, it makes sense now :idea:, I need to re-learn & fine tune how to use attack pots :lol: