Pinioned boots and PvE

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Xaiide, Mar 11, 2016.

1. I got the advice that pinioned boots will not be the best choice for PvE, so I'd like to understand.

There have been made some changes with percentage boots in PvP, what about PvE? My pinioned boots have about 50M att/def from their % now, even if they will decrease with troop level, in one unload they still would have avg. 25M and are far beyond any other equip.

So what could be wrong with this boots? :?:

2. Nothing's wrong with the equip. Pinioned boots ftw

3. When you're hitting from pin / low troops, they're virtually useless

4. Pinioned boots are great for large attack builds and especially tanks. Not so great for spy builds.

If you hit from pin a lot don't use % equipment. If you like to skim then I advise sticking to % based equipment.

5. They do not get low with troops unload , tehy always give the same bonus as the abyssal blade, Am I missing something ?

6. Yes percentual stuff get low , my bad.

7. But they will still give the percentage bonus on tower stats so even when troops and spys are zeroed they have use if you have towers.

8. It's all about style, bub.

Do they work with dark jeans or standard dress pants? Of course. Go with these boots if wearing some flare bottom or loose fitting jeans or some fab stylish multi colored slacks.

Work it.

9. Huh?
    How do you test for that?

10. They scale with the number of troops you have left. So if you have 1m troop attack and full troops, you get 30k boost. When your troops are zero, they give you zero boost.

11. Yes, but your defense power from towers is static. It doesn't decrease with troop number. Lets say you had 1m adt and zero troops, you would still receive the percentage bonus on that 1m, just not from the rest of your troops (you have none).

12. Best response.

13. No. The boost from the boots comes from troops, not towers. At least that's what the devs said when they first came out a few years ago

14. Pinion boots are the best by a mile and will continue to get better as more lands come out.

15. Ok, this is how I reached my conclusion:

I look at my profile and my spy defense shown as Bonus to Allies is 66,990,931 which in raw stats is 3,349,546,550, this includes a couple of towers.
    I now look at my boots which give a 2% boost to my spy defense and it tells me that they are giving me a bonus of 66,990,931. This is because it shows you the bonus you get when your troops (spys) are full.

So, my raw spy defense stats including the towers (3,349,546,550) is the figure used. As I understand it as the raw stat drops the percentage stays constant so when I have zero spies I will still have 292,183,550 in raw spy def stats from my towers and as such receive a 5,843,671 bonus from my boots.

Could be wrong and always keen to learn :?

16. You're right ^

17. It makes sense. All the devs said was that the stats scale with troop level. Maybe what they meant was that it is based on raw stats. Who knows? Maybe they'll pop in and clear things up.

It's an important question that I think should be answered because it makes a huge strategic difference.

18. Yup, would be nice to have it confirmed. Guess they could scale the bonus as a percentage of troop level, so no bonus at zero troops, but it would be kind of counterintuitive.

19. My steel Adidas kicks continuously scale up my number of ensnared ladies WAY more than those silly boots. I get boy band ass.

But whatever works. Some chicks like that whole midevil thing.

Some.

20. I expect to see those adidas with the next event prize, Willy. But the pinioned boots really do offer the medieval look with a twist of 1990's Prince. Maybe it's the purple. Maybe it's the pinion.

The world may never know