osw's impact on kaw's earning

Discussion in 'Wars' started by The___Day9teen___Casuals, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Not the hottest topic related to OSW, but one gotta be curious if Dev is going to do anything if all these big OSWs turn to be more massive.

The one thing that would trigger that would be earning impact. I think initially people would xtral happy, and ATA would probably earn more. But eventually some people would get tired, and some even leave the game.

What do you guys think about it? Do you think these wars are cash cow for Dev?

2. people burn more xtals on osw than on anything else already....

3. Why would devs do anything about it? What can they do? give strip funds, unlegit ban players? Hmm I don't think devs would do that.

4. They increase xtal sales short term, but in the case of 1ate7, big spenders quit often in big wars, so I'd guess in the long run that xtal sales fall. However it would be idiotic of the devs "changed" this, because that's the whole point of the game. There has to be a balance of freedom for the players and profit for the devs. If the devs didn't allow osw then kaw wouldn't be interesting, because otherwise disagreements can't really be settled.

5. Yeah, plus some would just name change and unfollow

6. The tower mechanics is what the devs put in keep people from quitting in frustration, now that they have changed I don't know. I think the key for the deva is new things like T5 buildings and opening the ice lands or air ships, I.e. Estoc wars ( love them ). 10 from a million is more then 1000 from a 100

7. I would say "support"

But then i was like...

Whats he talking about?

So then......

I was like, oh no he no speak english

So then now....

Rephrase what you said please, there seme to be some grammar error :roll:

8. What about ppl bank gold by nob?

9. Hitting other players doesn't pay nearly as we'll as Haunting, etc. especially when you need to use pots to hit and especially when you have Estoc Edge multiplying plunder from EBs.

OSWs are losing ground to EBs more and more as the years go past.

10. @op

Since the start of this osw I have spent $500 in xtals, and I am a tiny spender. Sure we may not do this consistently throughout the war, however 1000 accs buying 32 xtals that get used a lot faster, (strips etc) far outweighs the eb spenders buying the massive packs and taking months to get through them. If anything, osw increases profit for ATA

11. Um wut? Nothing needs changed, everything is great the way it is... In OSW terms anyway