OSW idea

Discussion in 'Wars' started by camerooney, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Why not have a fixed duration for these? I guess more folk would go for the osw route if they thought it could be a smack around for a few days rather than a new way of life that goes on for months and becomes dullsville.

2. It's called a system war. The whole idea of an Off System/Old School War is that it isn't controlled, there are no set criteria to win; and there's no time limit...

3. My brain hurts reading this. See above.

4. There's no time limit.

5. :| read above

6. Facepalm... So hard...

7. Why must you have no idea about KAW op.

8. All the tough kids come out and pretend like they know anything about OSW.

It's not a stupid idea, just not explained well.

9. Naa Anarchy, I don't think fixed duration osw's are a good idea...

10. Face palm so hard it broke my nose

11. Unless you mean 1 week,1 month, 1 year etc then it misses the point of osw.

However, a 1 week, month war etc sounds like a good idea, especially if there are rewards to go with it.

Cheers
    Snr 

12. The whole point of an OSW is that it's Off-System - it's even in the name. Please, no.

13. I didn't explain that particularly well.

Good luck with the face palm injuries.

The point I make is that I think there are lots of players out there who are not battle hardened osw veterans, who would quite like a bit of one v one or clan v clan action.

Those people may be insufficiently committed to the game to want to sustain that for months on end.

Think seven day war rather than Vietnam. Think UN I.e. Pick and choose wars rather than become embroiled in long conflicts to decide who loses the least.

14. I still have no idea of the relevance of this idea.

If you want to have a fun, competitive thing, you have a system war.

If you want to rip the other clan apart, strip their players and cause real damage, you go full OSW on them. You don't ORGANISE an OSW...

15. Here's a few tips op

First play the game for a while
    Then don't talk about things you don't understand
    After that you won't be making stupid ass comments like this
    Properly said be the how point of osw is that it's off system so devs have no control over it