Next Forum Update

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Azzaro, Jan 2, 2015.

1. This one I've been thinking about and its a realistic. The ability for the average forum user to lock his/her own thread.

Now this is a useful tool for the player if they get into a situation of trolls harassing the thread. This will reduce the spam and free up discussion for better topics.

Now the only part of this that suffers is maybe the user will not lock his/her own thread. However that is fine because it's to be used as an honor system and better forum users will be using the tool.

Now I don't see any real abuse or major setbacks if this is set into motion. So feel free to post your opinion, thanks fit reading.

2. For your setback,a mod can always lock it.

But I guess this idea could be useful

3. Well a foreseeable future if this is administrated is the user is in charge of his/her own thread. The mods still have there ability to lock threads but now they just need to overlook the forums. This could also lead to the player disabling a troll or haters from posting.

4. Let's practice here by asking for a lock

5. I predicted you to say as much as that, thanks for your input.

6. Speaking of trolls...
    There's one here. :lol:

7. Larry :lol:

8. Yes  I'm not which (Shadow or Yogurt) is the better troll tho.

Oh and to be on topic here, I support this idea, but a simple ban feature to ban peeps you don't like is also a good idea.

9. Some players might put it into good use but there's always going to be trolls that abuse the button. There's mods for a reason, just wall them.

10. It's an interesting idea, but ATA forums are managed by Phbb so I'm not sure if they facilitate that (much the same with the "favoriting thread" concept).

Generally, the lock privilege comes with moderating power on phbb, so I can't think how that power can be given to the people without giving everyone mod.

11. Support, as long as a mod can still lock it if they want I think this would work.

12. ATA can just give everyone mod, problem sorted

13. No just people can be responsible for his/her own thread. To sum up only the op and mods can lock that users thread.

14. Coming from an authority position on other forums, no support.

This can be easily abused and can create spam. Leave it to the mods.

15. Support 

16. Support mod for everyone!(not really but it be funny). I think it is a good idea and it help moderators if thread owners could atleast get mods attention by something simple such as a red exclamation point by the title for a mod to look at the problem and solve it without spamming mods for attention.

17. No support

18. Then why post you could havee ignored it and let it die. Infact posting keeps it in active topics, what are you trying accomplish?