new war style--random builds

Discussion in 'Wars' started by ER-Rudementary, Mar 17, 2014.

1. I've had this idea for a while. It's an ee system war where everyone is assigned a build b4 a war. Each clan has the exact same builds as the other, but you don't know what build you personally will have until matchups. You may be an attack build who is assigned a hansel. You may be assigned a build that has a set bfa stat. The devs can change up the builds available as they see fit. They may have a war where there are 50% hansels. This will force your war commander to adapt quickly with ever changing strategy. You can have a true tournament style war to crown a champ. No one can complain about matchups as everyone is completely even. Do it like a bracket where clans are seeded or just do it randomly. In the spirit of march madness the brackets seem a fun way to do it so you can see your potential opponents.

2. Full support, really nice idea. It would be truly on the basis of skill and not on strength

3. Nice thought can be tried

4. One issue I can see is the experience level of people. Many people convert so they know more than one build. People can complain about getting noobs and inexperienced people as being unfair.

But I like the idea as well.

5. Bring back 50 vs 50 wars. That was such a success. I would love just recruiting 45 sh for the war itself. The war would just be a bonus

6. I think this idea was proposed back between Season 1 and Season 2 (when the flaws in the matchmaking mechanic were really becoming apparent). The analogy used at that time was that the wars bould be more like a game of chess--each side has exactly the same pieces and it comes down to skill, strategy and teamwork for the win--not who has the most BFA or LB/SHs on roster, etc.

As I recall, the biggest complant AGAINST this type of matchup was from the more experienced/larger players who were complaining that they would not be able to use "their own build" in war. The argument went that they had chosen their build, and that type of build was the one they wanted to use. Some of the larger lb players chimed in and said they did not want to lose all of their hard work only to become the equivalent of a pawn in a war.

An alternative was proposed that would have the devs set the type of builds for each (i.e. a certain number of large attack builds, a certain number of hybrids, certain number of hansels, etc.). The war leader from each clan could then assign the members of his team to the various builds. (i.e. Player X would be assigned by the war leader to be the Hansel, player Y would be assigned to be the attack build, etc.). The devs could even mix up the types of builds for each war (spy heavy, attack heavy, towered tanks, high bfe, low bfe, every combination you could think of) -- and might even have an event where they would NOT announce before the war what type of builds would be involved (you only find out after matchup).

I thought those ideas had real merit and should have been explored, but the negative voices (which seem to be the majority of forum posters, sadly) drown out the idea pretty quickly and it never got any traction.

Personally, I like the idea of two perfectly matched teams. Strategy would become paramount, rather than roster stacking, stripping equipment to get a less experienced clan, etc.

Maybe the devs will listen this time around. Kudos, ER for renewing a great idea.

Cheers,

Kage.

7. No support. People take time to do their own build and only to have it changed for war? I like the idea of putting people in random clans for war. That is the same concept of having to use skill instead of lb/sh stacking

8. One of the issues I see is that newbs would compete against experienced players and has a new player earned the right to compete against long time players. With a tournament style the new players will generally lose 1st round and would be seeded low just like the 1st round in tennis where the number 1 player will face an unknown. The top teams would receive a 1st round bye to make a round of 128/64/32/etc.

It is a system war so big players may not want to run a random build. That's their choice to not participate but I'd guess that most clans would participate in it. Eb players could do this type of war without making a defensive build. A true champ would be crowned and they would have to earn it with skill and there could be true bragging rights.

9. @ Chestie. You are proposing asw. No one cares who wins asw. They are junk. Too much impropriety. This is where u battle with your own clan to see who's the best clan. Whoever wins has to win 6-7 straight wars on pure skill alone. Whoever wins earned their bragging rights for that tourney.

Also the nice thing is, since it's a clan signup, each individual doesn't have to be available to war every war like is an asw tourney. Members are interchangeable.

The only way to have a true test to see which clan is the most skillful is to even builds.

Off my thread SH!!!! U are the reason we need changes!!!!!

10. Lmao always the gh/sh that complains about changing ee for the better.

Support this idea, something needs to be done to bring ee back to the masses. Rather than this 75% sh stacked roster crap. I find it funny how my sh got to ee anytime I wanted this season but my towered attack build didnt.

11. I like this.. I really do.

12. Just like GH they need to get rid of SH, and replace with leagues, each league vary from strength and have their own equipment. So it'd encourage more growth and more preticipation from bigger players and have less no matches lol an idea not solid but it's my two cents ️

13. SUPPORT! 

14. No support. I haven't spent 3.5 years building to get assigned a gh build for war. I like the part that this would obviously make matches easier and fair but overall ...not good IMO.

15. Only problem with leagues is that every build would have towers to no end..

16. Dude, this is an absolute coding nightmare. Imagine having to save everyone's build who participates, stripping that and setting a predetermined number of example builds for hundreds of people in just a few hours, multiple times a day.

17. FULL SUPPORT. I think devs should do it. And ya it will be on skill and not strenght. Cuz big clans always win with strength. And not fairy to other clan. Nicee thought like it very much.

18. What about when the war is over do old builds return?