New War Lengths

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Snatch, Sep 25, 2012.

1. As most of us have a real life outside of KaW, it would be a nice touch to have the option of 4 or 6 hour wars. This would make it easier to commit to and help to get rid of "eb noobs". I would much prefer it honestly.

2. That's not even a war.

3. Better concept: no time limits.

Fight until one side surrenders.

4. Thats a skirmish/training session.
    A short short war for training sessions is a good idea but the shortest length was is good for that.

5. Support for Isaac's idea :)

6. Support for my friend issac also cept it kinda like a osw

7. wow u think no one will like ur other thread on mithril so you put this

8. I like the idea of having the option for a shorter war as well. I think it would really enhance the intensity of it. Would need to eliminate the option of forfeit for a short war like that though.

9. @ kitty, that's exactly the point.

Eliminating time limits on wars would be mean a change in tactics. You'll have to treat it like an OSW and wont have to worry so much about staying up for 24 hours straight.

10. How about just a custom time limit instead of set amounts.

11. Yes I like the custom time limits idea as well.

12. I like this idea as well but I think 6 hrs should be minimum time for war in hindsight. Start at 6 hrs and then increase war times by 2 hr increments. ;)

13. How about a war length option where u can enter a specific length of time for a war too last? Both sides would have to agree prior to war starts.

14. Or a forced forfiet, at a predetermined % of a lead over a period of time.
    ie 1000% lead after 1 hour
    500% after 2 hour
    250% after 4 hour
    125% after 6 hour
    75% after 8 hour
    40% after 10 hour
    20% after 12 hour
    If not force reset at 12 hour, war continues till 24 hours.
    (% ranges were top of my head and could be managed)

15. Moose has now proposed the option of a 2 hour war. Makes me wonder if he read my forum post lol.

16. Yup Sirlime. No time limit

17. I've always thought about a no time limit on system wars but wouldn't there still be the plunder thing included?

Sure no limit but people would still try an pin themselves. Unless they removed the plunder count and rewarded Mith (Like now but how you win isn't determined by who has highest plunder)