- NEW SPECIAL TEST WARS - THURSDAY ONLY-

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Tomorrow we are running two test wars before we run our weekend wars.

After both wars are finished you will be reimbursed for your crystals used during both wars. So if you sign up for the war and use no crystals you get nothing. If you signup for the wars and use crystals you will be credited for ONLY THE CRYSTALS YOU USED. Also, you will be reimbursed after the second war. So if you participate in the first war and use crystal, you will get reimbursed but the reimbursement will not happen until after the second war.

- REIMBURSEMENT OF CRYSTALS ONLY APPLIES FOR THE WARS ON THURSDAY JULY 18th -

We are doing this so that we can tweak our matchup algorithm before the weekend wars start.

Equipment

You will no longer have the ability to equip or un-equip equipment once match ups occur. This is a necessary change as we now take equipment into account for match ups. Without blocking this, players will take off equipment before match ups in an attempt to game the system.

Defender too Strong & Defender too Weak

We will be placing both of these systems back into the war. The reason for this is two-fold:

1) We are matchmaking to optimize the ability for the two clans to hit each other. Most match ups have greater than 90% hit ratios, meaning that over 90% of the possible combinations of attackers and defenders can occur.

2) We now take into account how many players you influence when we do matchmaking. What does this mean? Let's say you have a clan full of weaker players, and invited a leader board player to join you in war. Before, this would either get you a no match or a mismatch. Now we take into account the player's influence in the war when we do the matchup. For example, if this leader board player actually cannot even hit anyone on the enemy roster, their influence on the war will be minimal and their stats won't affect the matchmaking process.

This may also mean that on the surface, you may be matched with clans that may appear to be a lot more powerful than yours. Do not worry! If this occurs, it most likely means there are members on the opposing that cannot even hit you.

We have taken all of your feedback into account from last week's test and have attempted to incorporate it into tomorrow's test war.

*Estoc Edge will be awarded as before. 1 level earned for winning, 1 level lost for losing. You will still lose a level if you leave your clan
    * Mithril will still be rewarded for winning.
    * No Rancor levels will be awarded
    * *IMPORTANT* we have also restricted member participation to a range of 26 to 29 members.

Signup: 3-6 hours prior to War Start Time. This varies based on how close the wars are together.
    Matchmaking: 2 hours prior to War Start Time (Must sign up before this, rosters lock at this point)
    Activity Lock: Approximately 1 hour prior to the earliest War Start Time
    Start Time: This can vary up to 15 minutes. This will be reflected in your war timer.

War 1
    Thursday
    CLASSIC -> 2 hour war with 2 crystals and 10 minute KO time
    PDT - Thursday - 11:00am-11:30am
    EDT - Thursday - 2pm-2:30pm
    GMT - Thursday - 6pm-6:30pm
    SGT - Friday - 2am-2:30am

War 2
    CLASSIC -> 2 hour war with 2 crystals and 10 minute KO time
    Thursday
    PDT - Thursday - 5pm-5:30pm
    EDT - Thursday - 8pm-8:30pm
    GMT - Thursday - 12am-12:30am
    SGT - Friday - 8am-8:30am

2. I had wondered about this. In most wars I had been in, it was ritual to un-equip, and re-equip after matchup.

Made no sense, since it was pretty obvious this exploit could be seen. I like that. Go into battle with whatever weapon you want...leave other equipment out if you want to decrease your stats, a choice, not an exploit. I like it.

Hm.

This limits the effectiveness of a guild hansel against an LB player. I dig that. I don't think GH's will like it, though. :lol: It has been an EE war staple to be able to deplete bigger players with meatshields. This will be interesting.

Looking forward to the test.

3. Nice, well time to pot up.

4. a chance at free mithril with zero monetary expenditures? That's fantastic! You can't go wrong participating in these wars 

5. Sweet kind of paying back the Participant so they don't have to use much money good idea to get people involved

6. Whoo Whoo!!! I will war tomorrow if room open!!! There should be a lot more clans participating on these wars.

7. War2 Sgt time should say Friday not Thursday

8. Im confused...

9. Boo yea those times are perfect

10. Cool, any clans want me

11. This should be fun.
    Thank you for the opportunity devs!

12. War 2 timing n date is it wrong???

13. I have a feeling you will post something like this in a few minutes.

I like the bully filters. But, after years of SW rules, I didnt mind the change. The GH versatility is a bit unbalanced, and this may be a step to decrease that imbalance.

I love testing. Looking forward to it.

14. Ty for taking the "advantage" ko timing away that was so horrible

Set times are much more equal as everyone can easily track (even without a program) the "advantage" system basically made trackers have to use a program or u just didnt track at all no way u could effectively do it with pen and paper making its only advantage to clans with programs

And lets not forget no one can play the turtle system .... Yeppie !!!!

But 15 minutes should have been classic not 10 just saying

15. GOOD LUCK TO EVERY1;)

16. Thank you for catching this. I went over it 3 times and I knew something wasn't quite right but clearly missed it. Thanks!!!

17. @willie as a gh u can still hit pretty far up most rosters but the issue comes when not many of u can hit down to them we had 2 wars with this system 1 where no one could hit our gh and 1 where no one could hit the enemy gh except 1 player giving him/her free rein whole war (that one player was open to larger players and they kept ours off their gh )

18. I don't know why you keep insisting on having dts/dtw in war. You could use your hit algorithm to create matchups but dts/dtw takes away from the wars. Clans enjoy being able to go against each other and being able to have a chance at hitting the whole roster.

19. 1> Contrary to everyone complaining about the advantage KO system. I liked it. It makes it more about the skills of the player not the skills of your timekeeper (heaven forbid people cheat and use bots -- shame shame). --- Please bring it back for the weekend...
    2> Awesome War Crystals!!!
    3> I'm looking forward to alot more clans participating!!
    4> Thanks for listening when I asked you to combine the two systems!

-Skip
    ḲɩḶḶэṜṢ - ɄᴎɩㄊэḌ