My Season 5 Idea: Drafting Teams

Discussion in 'Wars' started by DotNet, Jun 25, 2015.

1. So everyone knows that Round wars suck and there would be no point to warring if you are not a sh or an LB player, i think i have found one of the best ways to fix this problem and still have round wars. (This idea would also work with primal too just read the rest).

My idea: HAVE A SEASON 5 DRAFT

How it would work:
    -Devs choose as many captains as needed to fill 90% of the "Free Agents" on the sign up list.
    (Why 90% you may ask?) Some inexperienced warriors will sign up and will not be suitable to join a clan for season 5.

-All interested warriors can fill out a short 100 word profile to encourage clans to pick them first. Their stats will be shown next to their name and bio on the draft list.

-The draft list would be ordered by size. (IF round wars are used, it would be ordered by overall strength) but for primal it would be ordered by cs)

-The draft cs categories (there would be say 5) would go 75-100+, 50-75, 25-50, 20-25, and under 20m.

THE DAY OF THE DRAFT:

-Captains are REQUIRED to pick 50 members and they must pick 10 from each category for their war company. (making a total 50 members). Each war they must use 25 for their squad and use 5 of each category. (regulates clan size to within 125m cs of the biggest and smallest you can go)

If a clan does not have enough members in a category that can be active that war, they can pick up free agents on a "one war contract" off a list to fill necessary spots.

This will make every team as close as you can to equal size and involve a level of importance towards having a good build and war abilities, rather than ASW style where you are randomly placed on a team and members might not have good abilities.

The pre season/season/post season can still work. But 3 clan leaders are needed to kick a member out. And you can't kick anyone out on purpose to pick up friends on the free agent board. Only 3 total changes can be made to make sure people don't kick members and pick up their friends.

Please post your comments and questions below. Thanks for reading.

2. Re: My Season 5 Idea

Personally, I think it would take up too much time for devs and for those drafting, would rather war with our clans than a random guy who picks

3. Re: My Season 5 Idea

This is true but the devs's other idea isn't going to happen most likely, which means their new idea would start almost from scratch (besides the round robin). and this is a good way to make clans equal

4. Or devs can use their brains and make teams instead of using a computer to do it. Doing our job for us and making sure its not like indis in which inexperienced players can ruin a team

5. No one else got ideas..

6. One more bump before i stop trying

7. I like this idea of a draft.
    Maybe the WC/Captain could pick 10 accounts that they know are experienced. Then the devs fill up the remaining 30-40 slots with people who have opted into the season via a spell similar to WOC

8. Support

9. Devs too lazy to do this type of things (I think) but idea sound great.... Now, devs basically know nothing about what's happening in KaW.. How to choose captains?

10. A community vote. Use the best war commander thread or let the potential captains run in some sort of election. Yes you might get thousands of candidates but when the warring community votes we should be down to a select few

11. Good idea, But i think rosters should be like ASW... Indi primals, with Indi Round and no moré Clan Wars.. That way is moré easier,

Currently there arent that Many Ee clans out there...

12. Devs already got it worked out, hush up

13. I think having stat level groups is a great idea. That way each clan is about the same strength.

14. I hope dev pick up their game cuz that proposal was terrible

15. Good idea, be awesome to see a community so this without the devs, and have say 6 clans involved for this, have those wanting in post and the captains choose who they want

16. Okay so the problem here is inexperienced players..

How do the inexperienced become experienced without warring? How would they know to sko instead of be ko'd? Or to steal at the right time zeroing your spies sko'ing yourself?

17. True maybe a division for the 10% not picked and they can get their own division in the season