my osw fit

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Yerushalaim, Aug 31, 2013.

1. When I started playing kaw, I was like any other person to this game. I started as an eb warrior, and didn't do much else. I didn't know anything about a richer, deeper kaw community around me. Eventually, I learned, particularly with a small account, you grow much more if you move around a little, seeking out the eb's you need rather than waiting for the clan you're in to do them. eventually, I got myself into a 1v1 because I retaliated a hit on me. Just like any new player, I was clueless as to how to fight. Learned a valuable lesson. My next 1v1 resulted in my first strip farm. another valuable lesson. I became associated with what osw was threw these experiences and so I had a negative impression of them. I just assumed they were all bullying groups of players looking for someone to pick on. That perspective went on for a while, but as I made more and more friends, who were sometimes in osw clans, I began to realize that I was wrong to make my assumption of what osw clans are. I had found people that were genuinely well meaning players and that set a conflict against my understanding. As I became familiar with the forums more and more, it dawned on me that osw clans were much like any clan. They run the gambit of being ruthless fighters that will farm you into dust because you looked at them funny to clans that simply enjoy war and want a good reason to fight. Seeing as you have both types and others, I'm sure, it is inevitable there will be plenty of fighting. So, my question to the kawmunity is, what osw clan/family/alliance is a good fit for me? I am not interested in switching my tags. I have put plenty of time into developing my ee build and want to experience 2 or 3 ee seasons and I am committed to AoW. But I am now certain I will eventually join an osw clan for a few reasons. I realize now that osw clans fight for the deeper, more meaningful reasons than estoc war, and that appeals to me. I am quite an idealist. Fighting for the protection of your friends, or for the name of your clan because another is slandering it on forums tend to rally me. But because I am not as familiar with osw clans as many others, I need some help in determining which osw clans fit my temperament. I'm easy going and when I'm in the middle of a fight or 1v1, I tend to present myself as conversational. I have no problem having a good conversation with someone if I am farming or being farmed. Most importantly to me, though, is doing your best to remain ethical, even though we are talking about a game. Ethical behavior is very important to me and I would want to be in an osw clan that feels that way to. If you feel I am being dramatic, then you simply don't understand me. I believe behaving rightly toward people should infuse all parts of your life no matter how big or small. I really don't know which osw clans do or don't sound like this and I appreciate anyone who helps me get to know the osw community better. (p.s. forgive the lack of paragraphs. I'm on a droid)

2. That's deep bro..

3. if a mod moved this to active topics, would appreciate it. for some reason my droid can't post there

4. It moves to active topics when people post on it.

A well thought out post. I like your thinking. I hope you get the offer you are looking for

5. TL;DR

OP misinterpreted OSW

6. sorry, lang, i'm on a droid. it took some thinking to find out how to get punctuation to work because it i just go to forums and post a reply, it looks like this. can't even use caps

7. Uhhh and once again the question arises.
    Why do people use droids?
    Their OS is superior, I'll grant you that. But the fact remains they aren't popular enough. Most apps are created for IOS and then translated into Droid script. And spell correct is a *****.

8. I hate KaW on droid. So weird to play.

9. Join a regulator Clan u can't go wrong. :)

10. I have had one Regulator approach me. Very friendly and helpful guy in starting me toward a greater understanding of the osw world. =)

11. I suggest trying out a couple clans, they're all a little different even if they're in the same alliance.

12. I hit inactives when I first started

13. I won't be making any decisions anytime soon. As I said, I want to experience a few estoc seasons, first because I believe an OSW clan will be my final stop.

14. Tl:DR, wall of text :( lost me after first sentence :lol:

15. Good thing, then. That first sentence was the best one I've ever written. =D

16. Ah geez, squirtle. All this was posted here just so you would read it. Guess I'll have to find a new purpose in my life. =)