My Feedback on New Chat Filter

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Seth, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Now, I understand I could post this on the actual kaw_comm thread, but since my statements are rather lengthy, I decide to make a thread about them.

Now, I would like to point out that some of these observations/opinions aren't originally mine, but I completely agree with them.

Clan chat is a place for social gathering. People express themselves in a much more intimate way than world chat, and should be regarded as such. Applying the new filter to clan chat is destroying some of that intimacy within clan chat.

Profanity IS NOT a source of toxicity in this game. As players have stated, the gap and hit restrictions are the true toxicity in KaW. There's no allies for noobs, and noobs don't know what the hell they're doing with the out dated (and practically useless) tutorial.

Simply removing words in forums is useless. You still get the context.

I ******* hate this **** chat filter. <--- you can fill in the blanks.

People will now feel even more tempted to bypass. The asterisks were a set back, and people bypassed. Profanity isn't a toxic issue.

If profanity is such an issue, I would love some evidence in your studies ATA, because I have read to proof of this yet. I'm under the age of 18, and I wasn't affected at all by profanity in KaW. I've never heard of anyone complaining about it in the past.

I agree there needs to be a filter, after all this game is 9 plus. But the old filter did it's job. Context is still a thing, and 9 year olds, hate to say the truth, hear plenty worse in their homes and at school.

TLDR? New chat filter is too much and forums is easy.

#bringbackoldfilter

2. I ******* support this

3. I agree completely, I understand a filter like that in wc or "public" kaw, but who the hell cares how we speak in an unmoderated clan chat? What's the need for a filter in it at all?

4. If clan chat goes unmoderated, a filter should not be applied

5. #nofilter

6. Ally chat too?

7. Filter is ******* stupid, especially in clan chat. Half the **** I type gets blocked now. If I wanted to play Kiddies at War I wouldn't be here.

8. Yes Jim

9. keep your hands off our clan chat, you damn dirty apes!

10. Forum filter is back to normal!!! Hurray

11. Profanity is for ppl who cannot articulate.
    Whats ur need for a redundant thread anyways? Furthermore ur not a parent to give opinions on whats acceptable. When u r a parent then speak up til then stay in school.

12. no it isn't. it seems to be glitching back and forth. it was back earlier and now it is set to mad libs again.

13. They are testing to remove it!

14. Im not over 18 either and i hear WAAAAY worse at school. I heard worse when i was 6 then most of the stuff on this game. Granted im way older now so things at school are way worse then when i was 6 lol

15. Many kids have n its sad. Its still inappropriate n has no place. Environments r important for kids. I see metal detectors in US high schools that in itself is strange. Any other nations do that.

16. Because kids have gone loco and take anywhere from knives to guns to bombs to school.

17. Agreed. Stay in school long enough and you may learn something, like for example, ur is actually spelt you're and ur isn't even a word.

18. This (insert a race here) 4th grader goes to his momma and says:

"Momma, Momma.. Everyone says my (insert a body part here) is huge!..

Is it because I'm (insert a race here)????"

Momma:

"No son.. It's because you're 18!"

Moral of the story.. Don't stay too long at school.. Graduate and make money..

19. Interesting fill in the blanks skeme