My Chaos War Opinions and Experiences

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Zarpar, Dec 1, 2013.

1. I took part in my first 10 man Chaos War yesterday and would like to express my opinions on the new system, of which I think maybe the first step towards rewarding, small scale PvP for all.

Positives

:arrow: They were short - I loved how I could easily fit a quick 1 hour war into my daily schedule and it didn't involve committing to a lengthy and complex war.

:arrow: They were small - a small size of 10 people meant that it was easy to organise and it was not as much work for commanders and trackers, meaning people could relax and have a bit more fun.

:arrow: They were cheap - These small wars only require one Xtal to participate in, but it still felt as if the Xtal had an impact. Due to the small scale, less needed to be spent on pots and so would be more accessible to players with small plunder builds.

Negatives

:arrow: Matchmaking was poor - This may have just been a personal experience but we were matched with a clan in which two of our members could not hit a single member of the enemy war roster, so we effectively lost a fifth of our side. This may just be because we were guild hansels and the matchmaking system may not have used the smaller range in which a GH can hit (as introduced recently) when matching us and deciding hit ratio and so on.

:arrow: It requires another clan or is annoying for other clan members - as only 10 people can compete, it means that the rest of the clan are sitting around not doing anything as no ebs can be run or that the warring members have to move to another clan to war, which is just more complications, but a relatively minor issue in my opinion

:arrow: Vanished Paladins was harder? - this may just have been me, but it seemed that the vanished paladins EB took the 10 of us longer to complete, so it would be great if that scaled in difficulty to the number and size of the people which warred.

Anyway, I thought I would share my experiences and opinions, and I would recommend everyone to try out one of the new small scale wars, which are great fun in my opinions :D

2. I fell the same way, but these chaos wars have been fun. Nice thread ️