Merc Wars - A Time Past

Discussion in 'Wars' started by _________san__________, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Hello KAWmunity,

With so much effort being put into this new war system, it’s made me nostalgic of the good old days of merc wars. Who else remembers these days?

Back before Mithril, before locked rosters, before equipment, before getting KO’d, before castle upgrades, before the imbalance of attack vs defense, before EBs, and when you only had one option of 48 hour wars…

Back in these good’ol days when it was all about your build, BFA, and who you knew. I remember driving home from work each night looking for a war with 8 hours left that I could merc. Once you picked your side, it was always a thrill to see who else would show up to help you and who would show up on the other side.

Any of the old mercs out there remember these days? Here’s your thread to post your memories of the good’ol days… Here’s a list of my memories:

• Sending out 20 PMs to my friends to see which could come help. A shout out to all those who always came: sanman272, FLYERHOCKEY, Wilders_Sghatak, xlplyk, Lacey, AwesomeFoo, DivineLu, CougerCrush, Vontez, Av, ISS Folks, bangher.
    • I always figured out which side Merc Inc was going to merc on… and pick that side.
    • Teaching the noobs that started the war how to fight from pin.
    • Trying to get anyone big who joined their roster to not join the war… Wall posts were always “Hey bro”
    • Always trying to get your OSF alt into the other side’s roster, just in-case…
    • Getting so angry with the noobs in the clan that you forfeit the war just to spite them.
    • Being able to actually defensively win hits.
    • Calling out when you pin people in CC so the war commander can track when they’ll be out of pin.

Anyone have any old memories to add?

TL:DR - The old days of the merc wars were cool. If you were around then, share some memories.

2. There were still castle upgrades. Just had to wall Swabia.

3. Pinning your own players to make sure they weren't leaking.

4. Oh.. and the posting the walls of the masses to see who was leaking..

5. Hanging out in regulators subclan meeting countless people, doing several wars, growing to almost HLBC, only to be cast aside :)

6. All throughout the year 2011. I used like 4 accts back then :(

7. Haven't played this game long enough to have experienced that, but it sounds awesome. Developers should bring them back.

8. Mercs were the Ultimate Reinforcements in war they come in swinging

9. These were fun...maybe I gotta start one for fun.

10. I remember getting destroyed by someone with 400k cs when I was at 60k and wondering why dtw didn't work.

11. I remember when it took a month to organize a war, get the roster set, then back out because the other side would bring in mercs at the last second Any old Immortal Taka might remember my famous rant when the first castle ug came and they took color out of cc. We were moving to another clan to war and I was pouting and ranting (cursing and swearing) "Is there gonna be color in cc when we get there?!" Or the very first war I was in and pm'ing my noob partner in crime CrownJoolz "Is he speaking english?!" When our war commander was giving us instructions on how to enter the war... And what I actually miss the most is warring 21 out of 24 hours, it was only then you knew who was serious about warring. Ahhhhh the good old days

12. Back when if you won the war you came out ahead. Not when war cost more then you made. Sigh the good old days.

13. when ther was no pming... i did exactly what u did except no work or driving

14. when i warred it was either 6hr merc or 40 hr straight war

15. @farmer_komora... hit me up if u r

16. Curtish is my alt. You should all love and care for him as much, if not more, than you all do for me.

*hearts and kisses*

17. That era of wars was probably the most enjoyable for me

18. Early on...being known as the anklebiter because i was too small to do anything but be a nuisance to someone. It taught me to be 100 percent active...taught me to find regen times...taught me to be persistent...and it inspired me to grow so i could be even more effective. It was sleepless days and nights and lessons in how to war and stories about the first months of kaw.

Later It was about choosing a side and arriving in clan and it was like showing up to a party and seeing friends you hadn't seen in awhile....meeting a few new people and making new friends...teaching the little tricks that make a difference to war noobs.

System wars gave me skills I later used in other aspects of the game. And gave me many lasting friendships.

System wars allowed you to bond with a group of people in a short amount of time. Everyone had a part to play, big or small. Pinning, plundering, pinning your own Inactives, keeping track of who joined the other side, inviting people you trusted to come help, tracking and finding leaks. Every build and every size was welcome as long as you put in the effort. It wasn't about just big plunder. It wasn't about balancing a roster so you could avoid a bad match. It was about people...friends...working together.