making wars interesting

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Pie, Aug 23, 2013.

1. So I was thinking about how wars could be made more interesting. And I came up with an idea. As usual, I'm not sure if its good or bad so I figured I'd make a thread to see what you guys think.

The idea is that at random points, the clans have random effects put on to their members. These could be bad effects or good effects.

The bad effects could consist of:
    ~Plunder from atks/steals halved for 10 mins
    ~All members automatically KO'd
    ~Atk/def/spyatk/spydef strength lowered for a duration
    ~A random lump sum being taken away from the clan's plunder

Some good effects could include:
    ~Plunder from atk/stls doubled for a duration
    ~All members' troops/spies regened to full
    ~Atk/def/spyatk/spydef strength increase for a duration
    ~A random lump sum being added on to the clan's plunder.

These would happen at random times and I think that it would brighten the wars up and make them more interesting.

Feedback welcome

*sets troll trap*

2. Sounds kind of like you are trying to add a luck factor into the EE war scene.

3. No support... Sorry.

4. Removes strategy replaces with luck

5. Wars are 'apparently' fairly matched. These random events could cause a bias or unfair win...

People will get mad... And when people are mad, ATA get upset, and when ATA get upset, they release more lands.

6. Not quite Eric. They wouldn't be so effective that they'd change the outcome that much

7. OP, didnt you just run from the zaft/uc war, and now your making war threads?

Lol

8. Pretty sure your not Os anymore.

9. Stating the obvious...... It's kinda true lol

10. TNT. Not quite running. I was thrust in to an osw that I was at a loss to understand, a few days after joining Os. I didn't see what ZAFT had done wrong, ergo had no reason to be in an osw against them.

If I'd actually understood what they did then I might have stayed but it was very vague

11. That's not actually true at all 

12. Back on topic

13. For people saying this would cause unfair wins:

The duration of beneficial/unbeneficial effects would only be 5 minutes so wouldn't change the outcome dramatically.

The lump sums would only be small (maybe 5% of their total plunder?)

14. JB. You are completely off topic. Unless you are going to talk about op, leave my thread.

And I thought Os had a no foruming rule ;)

15. Sorry Pie , I'm not having that , if you knew there was a war you stay, they're your clan and you stick together 

16. Trust. You are also off topic. Please leave my thread.

And I don't care if its my clan that's in the war. If I can't see what the enemy has done wrong, why should I hit them?

Anyway. Back on topic please

17. You ask an off topic question, then say stay on topic. I'll answer. When you seek out and join a clan, especially one such as Osiris with a set up council and bossman/lady, there's an unwritten contract that says I will follow this persons lead. If you're going to do whatever you want without following any form of command, create your own clan or join random EB clans.