Learning your Devs

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by _ZE_Castiel_MP_, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Morning/Evening Kaw forums, its Cas here bringing you another abomination of a thread.

Today, I'd like to have a nice conversation with our developers, who I know are lurking always.

The rules are as follows:
    1 No questions about anything KaW related. This includes but is not limited to: Events, HTE, in game items, EBs, EE, EE seasons, and game issues.
    2. Be nice. If you are hostile to the devs, I will ask you to leave. If you persist, I will inform a mod.
    3. [To be added when I see some idiot below.]

That's all for now. Let's get this going. If you don't see the devs immediately, have patience. They are busy.
    I'll get us started with a good question.

Kaw_Com, how long have you worked at ATA? Am I right in thinking you're a fairly recent hire?

2. Looks good.
    Reserved.

3. Bump for Kaw_com

4. This will fail..... So I'll answer on their behalf, consider this a self-appointed position.

"I just came for the free Ferrari. I love it!"

5. What about ruby in support

6. Ruby has a thread (made by ashes?)
    Kaw_com and the other devs do not.
    And why do you have no faith?
    They'll respond if you be a bit less negative.

7. I'm gonna lurk until devs respond. If they respond, I'll ask a question. If not, let this thread die.

8. I will only be happy when kaw_creative is alive and active in forums again

9. They're pretty active on the Farmers Story thread. Not the same, but its progress.

10. I've received a reply from support.
    TL;DR my email was forwarded to Community, and a response may arrive soon (they said several days, but I think that's just so I don't get my hopes up in case something gets in the way of their responding soon.)
    So, community will almost certainly be replying.
    Feel free to let the thread die until then, or post your questions for community until they are around to reply.

11. My ? is. Wouldnt this be a good place to start a war game ?

12. No support, on account of my name.

Srsly though, support

13. Kindly read the rules before posting.

14. My question is not directly related to KaW so I think it should be ok. I know that ATA has developed a few different games, past and present, some perhaps more successful than others. Have you ever considered developing "sequels" or different versions of established games as opposed to entirely new ones? Like "KaW 2", for example. Just curious because it seems like it would be a little easier, because the framework of the game would already be there for the most part with just some new, fresh elements or slightly different game play, plus the fan base is established.

15. Why don't you pop into wc more often? Say hello to those that are active and maybe see how they like the game or what kind of additions they think would improve game. Law used to come on wc a bunch in old days.
    Fc
    Did to. When we stopped seeing Fc and in wc we knew game was in downward spiral
    Oh and hope bout booking a brotha up with some speakers. I have much dumb stuff to say in wc

16. Kaw_Community, where is the Shark Epic Battle at th?

Kaw_Creative, what happened to joining forces with Kaw_Community for the Shark Epic Battle?

Kaw_Admin, when will you be releasing the Shark Epic Battle?

Where is the Shark Epic Battle at tho?

17. Read the rules or refrain from posting.

18. C-c-combo bump

19. Yea where is it??

20. I'll have been here for 2 years come December.
    It's scary how fast time flies.

Interesting question!

Sequels or spin-offs of existing games are certainly interesting, though they tend to work better in PC and Console markets where games tend to have a single story that players progress through and are then done with the game. With mobile games we prefer to keep an ongoing universe where players are able to continue to grow, evolve, and share experiences with each other. You'll notice very few social games or MMORPGs end up with direct sequels.

This thread was made for questions not related to KaW, but I had to answer this one because you said the magic word. Sadly as fun as it would be, there's no plans for a Shark EB. I can still dream though!

I'm definitely still around and keep an eye on World Chat, Forums, and Feedback. Sadly I don't have as much free time as I'd like to be able to hop into World Chat. I really do enjoy chatting with all of you there but it's quite time consuming. If only I had a few clones :(