Leagues and Regions - A PvP Idea

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by KoS2, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Leagues and Regions

This idea is fairly complex and I have not yet seen it posted in forums so forgive me if I am repeating an old idea.

Introduction

This proposition would add a whole new PvP system to the game of Kingdoms at War. It would encourage PvP, give rewards for PvP, and bring player combat to a level not seen since the very beginning of this game.

Leagues

Firstly, there would be a system of leagues, in which each player would be assigned a specific league. League assignment would be based on country. Each league would be composed of Sub-Leagues, whose assignment would be based on stats, BFE, and equipment bonuses. Each league would keep track of the number of hits and the amount of plunder you make for each player. At the end of each month, all of the statistics would be combined to provide a certain reward, most likely in Mithril, dependent on the number of successful hits and plunder gained that month. Now, I know that many of you have thought about the possibility of exploitation whether that be an OSF opening for league hits or a normal build simply dropping all pots and allowing hits. This is what brings me to more specifics of the league system.

Regions

Each League would be divided into a separate region, which in turn would contain sub-regions. These region and sub region assignments would be completely random and rotate weekly to help prevent abuse of the system. You would only get league hit credit for hitting inside you sub-region. The sub-regions will contain 10-15 players, which could allow for an interesting number of alliances, small scale wars, and 1v1s. This will not only help prevent abuse, but allow for a more strategic approach to the PvP battle.

Specifics

Similarly to EE wars, you would be required to have a Mithril spell active to hit in League and gain bonuses. There would also be a spell to deactivate your participation in the League, however, all progress and bonuses would be lost, and you could not rejoin until the new season, (month), began. Now for some raw statistics and specific names for portions of the system, some of which have already been explained.

Leagues

Leagues are assigned by country.
    Sub Leagues are assigned by size.
    Region assignment is random
    Sub Region assignment is random
    Plunder Bonus = % of hits % of plunder
    (Must be small due to 1 month timeframe)

Regions

Regions are randomly assigned.
    Regions contain Sub Regions.
    Regions are mixed every 6 months.
    Sub Regions are randomly assigned.
    Sub Regions are mixed weekly.
    Sub Regions hold 10-15 players.

Other Stats and Info

Levels, such as in EE wars, (Rancor Levels), could be implemented. These levels would slightly increase the amount of Mithril gained at the end of each month. Level gains would require exponential amounts of EXP more per level, making leveling up past a certain point, say Level 10ish near impossible.

*I am aware that this has basically a 99% chance of failing, just thought I'd throw it out to the KaWmunity and see what they thought.

2. Love for this to be moved to off topic so it can get some views.

3. I support this. It sounds like a really interesting idea.