Labtop/craptop

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by TheFrozenShogun, Dec 2, 2015.

1. I have A " Budget Hp", it may have been 200 - $350, crappy af . I also dont know what up to date specs are, or what the current for it are.. and was thinking about getting into pc gaming or setting it up for it and buying the parts and doing it myself and taking it and having it serviced or or have someone do it for me, dont know alot about computers sadly but would like to.. anyone that can help with the specs and parts post or follow me? And Ill look it all up later when I can or would it be better to just buy a new one when I can? have an xboxe one, seems to be about the same as the 360 to me, just with a different look. Like a giant vcr

3. Looking to get into gaming? Here's the basics of what you'll want.

An SSD for your OS and games.
    An HDD for everything else
    A decent AMD CPU, I prefer the FX-8350 black edition
    An up to date GPU, not an APU
    Stick with a micro-ATX motherboard, they're cheap and efficient.
    850 or greater watt power supply
    Plenty of intake/cooling fans
    DVD-Rom if you need it.

4. I don't think he really has the budget for this...

5. What's your budget? Give us a number and we'll work something out. [No Sexual Pun Intended]

8 cores are a bit over kill.. And a 850watts PSU.

A quad core haswell (unlocked doesnt matter) with stock cooler would be enough. I don't think a newbie should be overclocking anyway.

Depending on what graphics card he's getting he should get a PSU that can handle it with some headroom/extra watts.

6. $1,000 per piece , but can save for better parts, dunno how often things improve cuz Im use to consoles xD (ps2,360,xbox one)

7. I was gonna save up for an alienware laptop or do a desk top setup and improve it as time goes on, or just do with the laptop

8. Depends what kind of gaming you want to do. If you want the "full experience" with great graphics, you're gonna have to pay a little bit extra. Otherwise you'll have to settle for low-end equipment. My cheap Walmart PC does OK for games - I just can't use high graphics settings.

To build your own gaming computer you'll be looking at around $800-$1000 in parts (depends on your country), as well as some spare time to do some learning and building. If you plan on playing online as well with these great graphics, make sure you have a good internet connection too. I'd say the main benefit of making your own is that you can customize to what you want to use it for, and save some money at the same time.

Building computers isn't that hard. It just takes time to learn things. I had friends in high school who built their own computers, and they weren't that smart. I'd recommend just checking out YouTube or googling how to build a computer.

9. For 1k USD you can build a great gaming PC and even one that's upgradable in the near future.

Please don't. Alienware doesn't give great price to performance.