how do you become a mod

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by justin-brown, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would like to know the basics for rules of being a mod and also how you can become one

2. Microwave a potato

3. Step 1. Get a box

4. To be honest, I don't know anymore.
    Someone posted on forums that there was a form for a mod position that you could fill out.

But I have a few friends who ended up becoming mods and they were simply noticed by ata (FOR THEIR WORK IN THE KAWMUNITY) and asked if they wanted to become a mod.

There is no surefire method, however I would suggest microwaving a potato.

5. First rule.. Don't talk about it...

6. Can the potato be a sweet potato?

7. Butter, brown sugar and cinnamon???

8. Aren't sweet potatos actually yams? Sure I guess.

9. I think the rules for being a moderator are something you learn if you're selected, but you might be able to find them somewhere :? .

It seems the second half of your question has already been answered. Specifically, there is an application somewhere, and at one point you were supposed to e-mail support, and other times people were just selected. Do whatever you want to do, including microwaving a potato if you're up for it.

10. As a general rule, if you have to ask this, you're not going to become a mod

11. :lol:

12. This man speaks the truth...
    He was a mod after all.

Edit:Also the joke at the end of a post is my thing :evil: bxjxihdhshxjjdbsbz

13. Becoming a mod requires a lot of dev butt kissing and going absolutely ape crap over every single cheesy promo that comes out.

14. While science says excessive crying can be harmful to you (an off topic discussion just waiting to happen at some point), I think your chat tone indicates your "salt" levels may be high enough that a good cry might actually help you.

On topic towards your suggestion, I don't think that's necessarily the case. Mainly just because I'm pretty certain all moderators are not that way from what little I've seen. Also, such a one-dimensional character of that type I don't think I would support. "Yes-Men" are not what you generally want to have around, especially if you view moderators as player ambassadors to the devs (and vise-versa).

15. Don't listen to Corinthian. He chickened out of this game years ago, and in this time he's grown soft and weak.

16. I'm not certain what my physical condition has to do with with conversation, whether I be turned into a chicken, or whether I be soft and weak. As the mind is still active, and I am, in fact, still in this game (unless we want to get into the philosophy of "What is Out? What is In?"). My credentials are still valid on at least this topic, and I promise I'll let you know when I don't have the right to participate in a debate or discussion (check my post history).

Given that this was a simple question that was just a knowledge check, you can rest easily on my reply, have no fear.

EDIT: It appears transmuted is censored, so I'm changing the word used to "turned" (which conveys enough of the same meaning).

17. Ohh that is so witty, I almost begun to laugh.

18. What's with this hostility?
    Is this a case of people fear what they can't comprehend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.