Hansel Guide

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by MissMelon, Aug 29, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    MissM’s HANSEL GUIDE
    [​IMG]
    This is for players starting from a reset.

There are already guides to this, but I find them hard to read. So I’ve remade it just so that is has a clearer layout.

This is my first attempt at an actual guide, so cut me some slack. This thread is subject to change and will be edited if you can suggest any changes, particularly in the Adv and Disadv. List. I’m not very good in explaining what a Hansel is lol, so I would love your help.

Also, I’m sure with the upcoming update there’s bound to have some sort of impact on Hansels. So this will most probably become useless in the future, or will need some serious updating.

2. [​IMG]
    What is a Hansel?
    [​IMG]

A Hansel is a Spy Build, with only 1 Attack Building.
    All your money is made from Allies Bonus – Not Plunder Bonus

[​IMG]
    Advantages
    [​IMG]
    • A guild hansel doesn’t cost much money. It is the most economically efficient build
    • It's a great war build
    • Because you only have 1 attack building, you don’t have many troops – Not having many troops means there isn’t much difference between your first and last hit. Your money comes from Allies Bonus, therefore the amount you make from your first to your last hit is consistent
    • You’re a spy that can annoy a lot of people and pin themself easily
    • You have high spy attack – Most people are scared of spy builds and so people may not bother you much
    • You will have a lot of strength in allies – strength in allies does not disappear. It’s valuable and is a hidden weapon.

[​IMG]
    Disadvantages
    [​IMG]
    • Contrary to one of the advantages, you have very low attack and defense and so you can possibly be an easy target.
    • You have very low attack and defence and therefore have to invest in attack pots to successfully hit
    • Also due to low attack and defence, it is ESSENTIAL that you invest a lot of strength in Allies, so this can end up pretty expensive. But it’s worth it.
    • You have to use Attack Pots in Epic Battles

3. [​IMG]
    HOW TO BUILD A HANSEL
    [​IMG]

STEP ONE
    GET VOLLEYED

Get someone to volley you to about 5billion – Don’t get all technical on me saying “1.5b should be plenty”, “I like to volley to 10b”, “I usually only volley to 1b”
    It really doesn’t matter. But 5billion is plenty and should be enough to get you started and have enough left over to get started on max plunder.

STEP TWO
    DESTROY BUILDINGS AND BUY LANDS
    When you start off, you will have 1 Guild, 1 Castle, and 1 Attack building (Barracks, Workshops, or Stables).
    DESTROY the attack building, leaving you with only a guild, and a castle.
    With the volley that you received, you should have enough gold to explore 9 lands. Once you have 9 lands, it will unlock the Tier 2 buildings.
    Even if this leaves you with nothing on your land.

STEP THREE
    BEASTIARY

Now to build your first building. I recommend putting down a BEASTIARY.
    This gives you 2 extra hits in an unload, but you also end up taking 1hr 5min to regen, instead of the standard 1hr. So it ends up being the same amount of hits if you had a Forge, or War Cathedral anyway - provided you are ready to hit again when the 1 hour is up. So it's completely up to you and what stat you want.

Forge = Extra Strength, Low Defense
    Cathedral = Low Strength, High Defense, & slight ally plunder increase
    Beastiary = Balanced stats, 2 extra hits, higher plunder but 5-10min longer regen.

STEP FOUR
    ATTACK BUILDINGS

Now that we are in a world of Epic Battles, you'll want to build either beastiaries or forges for the attack. Do this until you have 15 lands explored.

Beastiaries = More Plunder
    Forges = More Attack

It doesn’t particularly matter at this point which you build. It is recommended you only stick to one though. Avoid mixing Cathedrals with Forges, for it is inefficient, but it’s not really that big of a deal. You’ll destroy them eventually anyway.

STEP FIVE
    ALLIES & PLUNDER CAP

By now you should hopefully have at least 14 lands. So stop building are start working on allies.

I know it can be VERY tempting to spend your money on buying your next land and putting up a building, but it is MUCH MORE worthwhile reaching Plunder Cap first.

To read up on how to reach max plunder, read Yarme's thread What is Max Plunder???

Keep hiring allies until you have reached Max Plunder.

STEP SIX
    LEVEL 3 GUILDS

Now we are ready to start building more guilds.

So we go back to where we left off, and so we should have at least 14 buildings. From here on, you want to start building LEVEL 3 GUILDs. Not level 1, or 2, or 4. Build a Guild and upgrade it straight to Level 3 (77.6mill). You can also build more attack buildings if you like.

Keep doing this until you have reached 20 lands.

Remember to make sure you’re still at Max Plunder every time.

STEP SEVEN
    LEVEL 4 GUILDS

Now we can start upgrading all your L3 guilds to Level 4.
    Each Level 4 costs 900 million.
    You will notice your Allies Bonus to increase quite a bit now. Ensure you are still at max plunder every upgrade – or before you know it, it will seem out of reach, and it will become harder to reach max plunder again.

STEP EIGHT
    BUY MORE LANDS

Continue buying lands and placing guilds on them. Just like earlier, you can start by placing a Level 3 guild, then saving up for the Level 4 upgrade before buying your next land. At this point you also want to start slowly converting your Attack buildings to Guilds. You don't want to destroy all the attack buildings just yet though, otherwise it'll be very hard for you to attack in EBs.

I wouldn't be trying The Haunting just yet by the way.. You will be spending a lot of money in attack pots, and not making much profit. Sure if you manage to get a lot of items in during the item phase it'll be worth it, but otherwise it'd be more beneficial to be doing smaller EBs, maybe The Forgotten Ones for example.

Keep doing this until you reached anywhere between 25-30 lands. Remember, once you reach 25 Lands, you are able to upgrade your castle. So it's up to you whether you want to upgrade ASAP, or wait a bit longer. It costs 4b which is the same as your 3rd highland.

Don’t forget your Plunder Cap!

STEP NINE
    TIER 4

Now you are ready for your first tier 4 building.

Convert your Beastiary into a Circle of Elements.

With Tier 4 attack buildings, you do not have to worry about upgrading it in one go. Buy the Level 1, then upgrade to Level 2 when ready, then finally Level 3.

STEP TEN
    CONVERT TO GUILDS

Now we can go back and change all the attack buildings to Level 4 guilds.

By now you should be earning plenty, and by the time you convert to all guilds you'll be making plenty of plunder. So much that once you've converted, it'll now be worth it to start doing The Haunting.

So by now you will want your T4 attack building to be Level 3. This way, you will only need the 7.5mill attack pot instead of the 12mill (maybe less if you have a lot of attack strength in allies). You'll also be making plenty of plunder, and getting plenty of reward from the item phases and the assassinations :)

You'll be able to easily quickly afford your next lands. You'll probably want to learn to play the ally market though.. You'll have to find a guide on how to Ally Trade.

STEP ELEVEN
    From here, it’s your choice!

Ideally, since you have next to no attack strength, you should have invested a lot of your money in allies that do have a lot of attack strength.

By this point, hopefully you have picked up enough of the game mechanics and an understanding of the game for you to decide what you want to do next as a hansel.

From here on in, it’s completely up to you. You can convert to T4 Attack buildings if you like. Or you can continue being a Pure Hansel. You can even turn yourself into a Hybrid. Build a few more Attack buildings here and there. Invest in buying allies. Become a farmer. Whatever. It’s your choice. Have fun with it!

It is all about your own personal playing style. So adjust your build to suit your style.

I personally enjoy being a spy, and I chose to take the SoS route because I like to see my stats increase.. For quite a few reasons:
    1. I like having higher stats – Makes you look good ;)
    2. You are more useful in a Real War
    3. You can have more fun farming players
    4. You make more a contribution in EBs and your clan mates will love you for it :p

I would recommend continue buying new lands and building Level 4 Guilds up until about your 36th, 37th or 38th Land. Once you’ve reached those lands, you should consider converting your guilds to Stronghold of Shadows. Or you can just stick to Guilds.. It's up to you.

In the past, you may have read that plunder drops significantly when converting to SoS. This only applies when hitting other players, such as OSFs in Plunder wars. When it comes to EBs, it hardly drops at all. Read this information on Hansel Conversionif you wish to learn more.

So go for it! Have fun :)

[​IMG]
    Additional Links
    [​IMG]

Information on Hansel Conversion

Here is a good T4/T5 Hansel Guide, but it is based on doing Plunder Wars or hitting OSFs.
    Vandalise’s T4 Hansel Guilde

4. This is completely open for suggestions for change.

Would appreicate your help, especially in the Advantages and Disadvantages List.

Thanks.

5. Sticky. But should have explained what plunder cap/ max plunder is on this guide. But apart from that, verrrrry goooood

6.  Good Guide :) i wish i wouldve followed this when i started out.?

7. Thanks, mxtoddy. But that's why I put the link in Step Five :)

I also provided another link in the "Additional Links".

I just figured talking about max plunder would take up so much room lol. So added a link to the explanation instead.

Do you think that'd be enough, Or do you still think I should talk about it?

8. This is an awesome guide, sticky. 

9. I wanna sticky!
    [​IMG]

10. Thanks Sniiper :)

Yay, Moose! Like my little melon banners? Haha

11. Also, what do you guys think of Step Ten?

I wasn't sure how to exactly round off the guide.

12. @op
    I like it when people follow a theme with their name. Your Mellon banner is excellent!
    [​IMG]

13. Under advantages put that a hansel is a great war builds

14. Lovely guide.
    Sticky.

[​IMG]

15. Great job miss melon.

16. @JDayz98 - Added. Thanks.

17. Additional* Links? Idk but step 10 ended well but if u wanted to make the guide better u could give some options on which way to go with your build and pros and cons of it. That would be ALOT of work thought so its not...i forget the word ... Lol but i vote sticky aswell 

18. Lol, yes it would be a lot of work.

Especially since there are so many different builds lol. Each one has it's own purpose. I'm hoping by that time they reach Step Ten they would know what each building does, and have figured out their playing style. And then they are able to decide what buildings they want and why.

That's the ideal situation anyway! hehe

19. oh and thanks. Typo fixed.

20. I thought Hansels get their massive plunder from buildings... Not so much allies.

Anyway nice thread.