Funnel the Fun of Estoc Edge Wars

Discussion in 'Wars' started by -Z00MIE-, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Funnel the Fun of Estoc Edge Wars

Dear Devs,

I am concerned for the new war system. I have either participated in every Estoc Edge war, or 'watched' others' wars. I see the one complaint gravitate above all other grumblings - 'How can this matchup be fair, they were stronger and/or outnumbered us badly! How can this be fixed?'

You are trying to solve the timezone issue by simply adding new war times. This is wrong. You are spreading the clans thin(If they haven't given up on your system already). 12 signed up on for war #1(No numbers for me to compare with yet), 46 for war #2(Which was at 80+ weeks ago), and I fear the numbers for war #3. By increasing the number of wars, fewer clans will sign up some days, thus, you are increasing the potential of poor matchups, which is OUR (the players, the ones that keep you in business) biggest complaint.

Some may argue that there is a huge OSW now that is restricting many from doing EE war, but that means the devs must be very careful with the new, and VERY delicate war system.

We are gamers, we are by nature slackers, procrastinators, and lack focus. You offering a gamer 5 FOUR HOUR WARS requires more than 20 hours a week of our time. Some gamers have a hard time holding down a job for 20 hours a week. So what do we do, we procrastinate, and say we will catch 1 war next time. Maybe 2 wars. Or we quit that job and no longer buy xtals ;-). See my point?

Solutions:
    1- Funnel the clans into a ROTATING war schedule that works for a worldwide game. Make it fair to the gamers that don't live by PST.
    2- Funnel the clans into 2 FOUR hour wars to get those signup numbers up. More signing up, better odds of a fair match.
    3- Add a 3rd TWO Hour war that also has a rotating schedule. Because ANYTHING 4 hours is a HUGE request for the gamers' attention span.
    4- Give the gamers plenty of advance notice, remember we are slackers. ;-)
    5- See above.
    6- Look again.
    7- Think about it.
    8- Now you're getting it. ;-)
    9- Make it happen, we are counting on you.

Game on,
    Zoom

2. Reserved.

3. 4 hours is too much of an attention spam? The summer wars were six times the length, btw.

4. Support. We get matchups that always ff. (yes im winning and complaining). I want a real competition!

5. Maybe so league but that was a one off once a year war. This is 5 times every week 20 hours

6. Past couple of wars had bad match up for that reason zoom. Ok last war we was out ranked and numbered was a close war but that sort of match up shouldn't have happened.

7. the summer wars were 1-2 wars a week, 24 hours long. True, having it spread over multiple days requires more commitment, but you can't assume that you can do everything every time. The matchups are probably fine too. You can't control for variables like strength and numbers unless the devs forcibly make the clans and matchups, which destroys clan loyalty and clan unity.

8. I am obviously bias with this coming from the same clan. But anybody that rejects this oit of hand plays KAW 70% of the time and plays with themselves 30% of the rest of their time. FACT

9. Strength can be over come but numbers can't last war 11 more than us other war was 21 more please that can be sorted the devs can put a cap difference of 5 members max

10. Legend, we both agree that war takes commitment. So does real life.

My point was that 20 hours a week is a lot to ask. Most can only do 1 or 2, or be faced with war from his or her significant other, which may include a real KO.;-)

11. Well, I must be the oddity, I don't have, nor ever had, a significant other.

12. Support 110%. Best possible solution I've seen so far. Adding more wars is thinning and spreading us out, thereby weakening clans' structures.

You have to decrease "supplies" in order to increase demand.

And what happened to the tempting 2-hour wars?

13. Support and thanks for the great war yesterday murder war 

14. Was a good hard war Nathan. Could have gone either way

15. All I can say is thank you to our inactives as if they had warred it would have been a different war and yesterday's must have been 1 of the best ee I've had

16. My only problem with the mismatches, make mythril like inferno and aqua, allow us to buy 50 max per day regardless of how many we got saved up.
    It sucks when you need a certain amount of myth for osw and the only way to get myth is by rolling the dice in a flawed matchmaking in estoc war trials?
    By enabling myth agen you will allow us to stay prepared for a long osw and still gamble with your new red paladin equipment and war system.