Forced to war??

Discussion in 'Wars' started by DanglyDan, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Hey there forum-land, first time poster - long time lurker.

With the recent change to wars/mith/items, eb's are essentially going to become outdated. I like the principle, they are clearly repetitive. My beef with being forced to war to grow is that 4hrs is the shortest war available. I hope i speak for most sane adults when i say that 4hrs in a row, is a little bit crazy and sometimes impossible ask.

Warring can be enjoyable, ive been in a handful of skirmishes, plus this years ASW. But the 48 hrs i dedicated to the asw for a friggen iphone game essentially marked a new low in my life...and i have done some lame ****.

Two possible suggestions:
    1) shorter wars - 1-2hr wars would be more manageable for those with real life responsibilities. Sure the payouts may be less, but 50% activity in a 4 hr war kind of ensures no payout doesnt it?

2) Mith dropped for BL hits (and return hits) Id like to say all 1v1, but that could be exploited between alt and main.

Please - if you are under 18 or unemployed, stay off this thread. If i were in high school or living on employment insurance, i too could commit a ton of time to kaw wars (though i wouldnt tell anyone about it).

2. 1-2 hour wars are too short. I think 4 hour wars should be the shortest there is. 1-2 hours means you can only unload 2-3 times unless you xstal. And that's expecting the fact that you are active the entire war.

3. The best worded arguement against the changes.Loved the unemployed touch lol.

4. Hmm. It would be good if clans have the chocie to decide whether they would want to war 1-2 hours or 4 hours.

5. @carnage, but that would basically force you to xstal if you wanted to unload more than 3 times.

6. The games ''SUPPOSE'' to be focused on war๎’

7. 4 hours war is the best

8. Good point impossibly..

1 hr war, unlimited xtals? If you dont like using that many xtals potentially - do the 4 hr wars.

9. I'm under 18 and tbh I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to this really... But a 1-2hour war is ridiculous that's 2 offloads if you're timing is perfect! 4 hours is a good time set! Stop complaining!

10. @impossibly- There should be no "unloads" if its a good war youll never reach half bar, unless you xtal. But that was my first thought as well

11. yes, that is true, but fighting out of self pin still does the same amount of actions as a full 3x of unloads if you are active the entire war. sorry if i didn't make myself clear.

12. I knew that one post in a year and a half would label me as a complainer, very predictable community we are in.

I guess im just trying to find a compromise as i am seeing too many players with more that 2yrs experience quit. All the changes require an increased time investment for what is already a foolish addiction.

13. I argeed till the last part >_> I'm in highschool and I have barely anytime to play this game. So like the idea of 1-2 hour war but don't be so bias to students.

14. But this could also be good potentially, because if you want to win a 1-2 hour war, you have to ensure basically your ENTIRE clan is active. Which could promote more active clans. This also means that clans with less than 50 members (unless half of them are active and above 1 mil cs) are screwed. So, the way I see clans winning these wars are a LOT of xstals and high activity.

15. I agree it would probably aloy more agressive as well.

16. If you're so busy why play at all? I mean 4hrs at the weekend isn't much to ask, is it?
    1hr war would be stupid, it would go to which team can Xstal first and get the lead.

No support. ๎ก

17. SHORTER wars? Ummm

No.

18. Thank you val for the well constructed rebuttal.

19. Next up 30 mins war?? Too busy with RL??

No support.

20. Full support Scrote, for those with busy lives the 12/24/48 hr System Wars are impossible to fit in. But a short war 2-4 hours starting at a good time for yr particular time zone, sat down of an evening, glass of something in yr hand, that's what the working gamer needs. If Devs truly want System Wars to be more attractive then they have to make them accessible to all. ๎€‘