Estoc Wars - A 2 tier system

Discussion in 'Wars' started by james_bond, May 24, 2013.

1. A two tier version of EE

I'm sure you have all seen the alert that pops up on your screen when you log in to your account this week. Something along the lines of 'Join the rancor wars this week for rewards'. you get the drift. So what happens? Everyone in the clan wants a pop at trying to get a level or 4 of rancor and some sexy equipment.

So we went for it. Unfortunately, my clan like many others, didn't have enough available to war so our only option was to recruit from WC. Hours was spent recruiting, bouncing PM's to establish war experience, checking for full pots, mith and of course the almost obligatory 2 xstals. We actually managed to put together a pretty motley crew of mixed builds.

So four hours later we were set. We had everything ready. Money was put aside for mith and precious savings raided to buy xtsals. EE master classes were conducted in CC for the 50% that were new to war. Trackers were set and strategy agreed. We we ready. What was missing? The match up.

Week 8, War 5 - Shadow of Dragon - your BFA was too low to match with other clans in your build range.

Now it's probably a good thing we didn't get a match, we would have got spanked! Probably by a clan of seasoned guild hansels with a ton of BFE and BFA that were in our build stat range. We got our free mith and most of the clan went to bed with the warm glow of free mithril in their hearts.

So where have the Estoc / Rancor wars gone wrong?

Well in my opinion, unless you are HLBC with decent BFA and BFE, a guild hansel exploit or have been in a great clan since the beginning of EE, you are pretty much excluded from warring. No new clan can decide to try a shot at war and have a serious chance unless the above criteria are met which would exclude most of the clans in KaW. So whats my solution?

A two tier EE system.

Clans should be able to toggle / choose between pure EE and Current EE.

In many respects the EE system is very good. I like the fact BFE is not included. I like the fact that there are variables like clan sizes and BFA/BFE and I love the lengths and ingenuity shown by warriors and clans in this EE season. Whoever spotted the wwwwwwww exploit, genius!

Pure EE? A EE system that uses only your combined stats. No BFE, No BFA, no mith, no pots, just 2 xstals. Just a stripped down version of EE that the average joe can dip in and out of. Strategy would be king. The rewards would be less, maybe half the mith and rancour but i firmly believe this would encourage the other 95% of Kawers that don't / can't war to give war a chance. As its pure stats it would eliminate the no match problem as the variables for match up would be low. In fact the only no match would be the last to join odd man out.

With season 2 around the corner I truly hope that it doesn't become Rancor Wars Season 1 version 2. The Estoc Wars were designed to bring back the War into Kingdoms at War. Lets have more Kingdoms that actually War!

peace out

2. Re: Estoc Wars - A solution to the no match up

Sounds great! Very nice idea and thread 

3. Support wholeheartedly

4. I like the pure EE idea by far. It's been so long since anyone has used their RAW stats instead of BFE/BFA

5. hmm good idea, maybe you could call second tier as "training wars"

6. Good idea and maybe lower the min and max of players needed for them maybe 15 or 20

7. And set a max CS for them maybe?

8. I guess where I was going with this idea was that it would be a more inclusive war system. I don't want to take anything away from the warriors and clans that have put everything into this season. However, its really tough to get anywhere near a EE war clan now. And rightly so. Why would you take the risk of an unknown? You wouldn't. But to start and EE clan with players new to war? No chance.

Great suggestion XX_CrAcKeRsUpDaTe_XX, a lower clan size would make it much easier to get a clan together for war.

9. Support - kinda like an "EE demo" for new clans starting out. Prob need to find way to exclude experienced clans, maybe by prestige banding or otherwise.

10. Lower clan roster. Great idea I proposed a trial a week or two back regarding trying one war with lower minimum roster I suggested 10. But never gathered any pace or interest. I hope u have more success with this idea than I did. Good luck

11. Sounds pretty good I agree it should be a training sort of ee set up.

12. SUPPORT[/color

13. SUPPORT

14. Nice thread and really nice idea, support

15. Great idea support!

16. Pure EE could easily be abused, one attack build with the rest being pure spy you can figure out the exploit there.

17. Smaller min size would be great

18. @op I'm not HLBC or a gh and I've never been declined. Well there was this one time but I was late lol.