Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3/4

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Jul 20, 2013.

1. News
    * Please be advised that we are running experiments with the current set of wars.

- REIMBURSEMENT OF CRYSTALS ONLY APPLIED FOR THE WARS ON THURSDAY JULY 18th -
    *** NO REIMBURSEMENT OF CRYSTALS FOR WARS TODAY OR THIS WEEKEND ***

We are examining the results form this war to make improvements before the weekend. There will be continual improvements today and throughout this weekend. We appreciate the patience and support you guys are all giving us in the meantime!

War 3

Signups: 31
    No Match: 3

V-Hawks - Odd man out within your build range, everything in your clan was reasonable in stats, we just ran out of matches to create for the clans within your range.

Chaos Reborn - You were the last clan to sign up, and there was an odd number of signups. You were excluded for this reason.

Warthog Strafe Run - You were the weakest clan to signup, and we were not able to find a possible match within our constraints.

War 4

Signups: 43
    No Match: 3

The_Four_Horsemen & MINAS MORGUL - You were the 2 weakest clan to sign up. You guys were closed to being matched together but felt outside of our thresholds.

S.O.T.R.A Rising - There was an odd # of signups, and you were the last to signup.

MINAS MORGUL

2. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Oh warthog was out again..

3. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Weakest clan? We had vontez #87 ally Lb

4. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

We seemed to heavily outmatch our opponent DragonsRising this morning.

They seemed better suited to match a few other clans that were warring CS wise. They put up a valiant effort and much respect to them, but looking over other wars they could have matched better with perhaps Sorta Rising as one example.

War participation keeps dropping, as interest keeps lowering. Yes these are test wars, but even Thursday when crystals were 'free', participation was horrible. I really hope the pulse of the community is better considered soon as it always to be the same core 30~ clans warring with the occasional start ups and restart up clans try to get (back) into EE.

I really hope y'all figure a way out to entice more clans back into system wars, so better matches have the chance of occurring at a higher rate.

5. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Devs, if you believe you are pairing clans fairly then please list the match ups and tell us why we were matched against each other. Right now it looks like you are picking who you want to win and pairing us up in a way most likely to make it happen.

6. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Yeah but Vontez would be DTS to those clans you could possibly match, therefore his strength wouldn't be included in the calculations. (If my understanding is correct).

7. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

I'm just gonna say it ..we got matched with a clan doing their 1st EE battle today.. that was the 2nd time in 2 days we matched a clan doing their first EE..im not complaining but those kind of battles are just as nerve racking and frustrating for established clans as they are for beginning clans..see ya tonight

8. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Our match was perfect. Close finish. Lead changing hands near the end. A very exciting war.

9. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Is it possible for you to explain how match up works? maybe you should take longer to do match ups. Add an extra hour to match up process so you can change things around if needed. Just a thought I would like to know who we was odd man out with though.

10. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Add more wars or run some test wars during the week so more clans can participate, decreasing no matches and offering more diversity

11. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Maybe ee should extend to ally bonus and final bonus ? Towers kill both so why not ? Not HLBC will join more if joining war means a faster growth, I think

12. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Oh I was told that ee does extend to both. Sorry for shouting out my stupidity 
    Well then maybe war matchup should look at how much damage one does, not whether one can hit or not

13. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Maybe people who've never warred dont know how fun it is. Maybe you should give people a free war ticket after they open 12 highlands. The ticket would give the money for the mith and pots bought back and the crystals back and maybe about 20b more. It doesn't matter if they get richer than if they had been doing ebs during that time. We want them to know how fun it is

14. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Now I know devs are picking the winners. We signed up with half bfe and reduced bfa and we matched against RH again. I kbow they hav 3x the BFE we do and way more BFA also. This really makes me want to quit playing!

15. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Oh please your clan has had plenty of wins.

16. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Match ups are all over the place with no transparency which makes people less interested in warring. Whether a war is close has little to do with a matchup being fair. It speaks to skill and strength level combining to an even result. IMHO strength should be the only factor for fair matches and no clan should be penalized for skill level or winning record.

17. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Devs, I think u need a better calculator.

18. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

As I stated on a different thread (can't find to see what was said about it) changing the member requirement/limit would definitely bring Iin more clans for ee war
    Besides,
    A 26 memBer requirement literally annoys me
    Why not 25? (20 would be best)
    And a 29 member Max also imiTates me.
    Why not 30?

19. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Why not have 2 member requirements ? Keep the 26-29 for big clans and make another requirement like 10-13 or something. Match the 26-29 with 26-29 and match the 10-13 with 10-13. That way smaller clans can join can't they ?

20. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 7 - Test War 3

Use the dtw system in the small scale(10-13 member vs10-13 member) wars and take off the dtw system in the large scale wars(26-29 members vs 26-29 members). That would solve all problems wouldn't it ?