Estoc Trials - Week 3 of Test Wars - WAR 2

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Jun 22, 2013.

1. News
    * Please be advised that we are running experiments with the current set of wars. We'll be running another set of different experiments next weekend.

War 2
    Friday
    Random KO with Advantage
    Duration: 2 hour
    Crystals: 2
    KO: Random KO time between 10-20 minutes. Players can choose to come out 5 minutes before their random KO time.
    Roster Size: Minimum 25, Maximum 33
    PDT - Friday - 7pm-7:30pm
    EDT - Friday - 10pm-10:30pm
    GMT - Saturday - 2am-2:30am
    SGT - Saturday - 10am-10:30am

Signups: 44
    No Match: 4

_RCA_ there was only 1 other clan you could have matched with based on your BFA and sign up size but their BFA was more than 3x higher than yours, resulting in no matches.

ARNG your number of potential match ups were restricted due to your low BFA. You had only two potential matches and they matched with clans closer in BFA range, strength and size.

OurClan you had an extremely low BFA resulting in no potential matches.

Wolves Reborn your build stats were the lowest but you had a very high BFA compared to anyone in range with your sign up size and build stats.

War #2
    [​IMG]
    X-Axis - Clan sizes
    Y-Axis - # of signups

Random KO Times
    Players will now come out of KO at a random interval. This varies for each war, so check the war details for the exact times. This is something that you asked for in feedback, so please let us know how it plays!

As per usual, we will be monitoring clan BFA numbers and we will address any suspicious activity throughout the coming war. Please keep BFA changes post-sign up to a reasonable minimum! Anything beyond that and you will be warned and risk losing rewards and/or match-ups!

2. The wars are perfectly timed to make them out of my schedule...too bad...

3. extremley low bfa why?

4. BFA was really low compared to everyone else, lowest out of everyone, next highest BFA was 3 times higher.

5. There's a spelling error in ARNG's no match explanation. (Restricted)

6. Good catch, thank you.

7. Devs: the low sign ups could have been because there was less than an hour to sign up between war 1

8. There should be a longer time for sign up. We literally didn't have time to get 25members again in 1 hour. There should be at least 2 hour break between wars.

9. what's with the lag in the game I was ko for 2mins and still showing 35% troops

10. It looks like the majority of tonight's wars are blow out! Very few are close. We got matched up with a clan that had 3 more members than us... was there a change to the match up formula that would lead to a larger gap in matches?
    Also it seems like lag just keeps getting worse. It would be nice to have the added strategy of being able to manage your troops.

11. This lag is terrible! Got ko'ed multiple times with troops at 75% for 3-4 minutes into ko. 43 inc before I knew it, KO. Fix lag please!

12. Can't sko, the war is so rid extremely unfair war!!!!!!!!

13. Just a comment about the war times.. my clan had just finished war 1, and we only had 45 minutes to reassemble and sign up for war 2. It wasn't enough time for us as a new war clan, and I'm pretty sure we're not the only clan who went through this. Maybe this can be looked into, so that there's ample time for enough players to be found and organized on time? Thanks~

14. The return of turtle wars is a failure. Random ko times with a 10 min window no good. I like the idea of the 2 min window 13-15 mins allows clans a chance of making up ground with good tracking n team work. That's always been the basis of wars in the past TEAM WORK.
    As far as the gh issue our war against rising hawks is a prim example. Gh take mass plunder but give up very little.
    As far as turtle wars returning...again our war against rising hawks is a prim example. Great tactic by them tho. I see why they rarely lose. 15 or more guild hansels taking mass plunder and opposing clan can't make that up since gh pay crap. Then turtle to win.
    1) gh need to pay out better
    2) sko needs to have higher penalties to prevent turtle wars.
    3) lose random ko times.
    Not complaining great war rising hawks. Just sighting some major flaws that needs attention. If the devs are so intent on screwing up what they had right n not fix what was actually wrong. Then fix these oversights or return things back to normal and work on the flaws in the matching algorithm. Witch was all that really needed fixed in the first place

15. I hate that advantage....... that's the biggest load of you know what. Delete, delete, delete advantage

16. The close sign up, wasn't an issue here. Noobs only get scared when short time frames between wars lol.... :p

17. Did I not say we were a relatively new war clan? You don't get all high and mighty from the beginning. So get off your high rocker, just cause your clan didn't struggle, doesn't mean no one else's did.

18. going to keep posting this till the Devs submit to my idea

#1 Change: Self KO should be controlled from 5-15 mins on success action (depending how you guys set the time) with this change it will reward for dodging the KO. From season 1 if you self KO or get KOed in a losing war it wasn't that great because you had players that tracked the timing easy and it didn't give the player a real reward for dodging the KO and losing 10% of plunder.Which is why I understand as a player on why you guys are trying new things with the different wars.

#2 Change:Self KO on failed action should be random KO as the punish factor.With this idea it will allow some tracking if the player was paying attention to the new feed they can report that person failed Self KO.This will cause more interaction with the players because in season 1 three players was the only ones allowed to talk.This self KO can be traceable if you have three players checking on the person. This will be a risk factor to both sides if they can protect their teammate from getting jumped or if the three players are not cautious of the other players they can be punished.

3#Change: If the player gets KOed that player will have to regen 15 mins. With this the clan that KOed that player will properly get rewarded on getting the chance to get that player.With this tracking will still be alive and other players from Season 1 will be expected to be happy.It can be deadly if the clan uses this factor correctly like from Season 1.

To conclude,if you guys can incorporate these changes this can be acceptable as the tournament rules