Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm + Rules)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Hey everyone,

This is the first war with a few new things, so just to recap:

1) We have placed DTS and DTW mechanics back in. However, we are matching clans up so that we maximize the ratio of opponents that you can hit. For this war, we have the graph shown below. These show the ratios for the clans that were matched up. 100% would mean that everyone can hit everyone else on the other side.

[​IMG]

Currently, for a valid match, we have a threshold set at 75%. We will adjust this over time. However, moving it up means more no matches. For this war, there were 0 no matches due to this.

There were some concerns brought up that Guild Hansels are too powerful still, and that they can still hit players outside of the range that they should be allowed to. We will be looking into this for this war, and make adjustments as needed such that they cannot hit too high.

2) We are also matching clans up based on the build and ally strength of each member, below is a graph showing the ratio between each clan that was matched up. 100% would mean that both clans have the same total strength. So 1) was a measure of the distribution of strength in the clan, 2) is a measure of the total strength. We feel this is less important than 1), so we allow a larger variance (30%). In the future, we may only measure buildings for this, and not allies.

[​IMG]

3) We are testing this new way of approaching matchups, and for it to be successful, we need everyone to understand and buy into it. This is why we are breaking down the steps involved, and sharing as much of the data with you as possible. We will be examining the war results, and comparing how close these wars ares to the ones before. We will also be monitoring this thread throughout the day, so please let us know how this feels.

4) War notifications - Players are wondering why rank numbers are not shown. Due to the way we do the algorithm, we no longer rank clans. We merely find the best match for them based on their hit ratios and build strengths. However, we will be making the fix such that you will see the clan size and who you are going to fight against for the next war.

Thank you and good luck in the upcoming war!

2. Awesome thanks devs :)

3. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Nice

4. Thank you devs for the nerfing of guild hansels

5. U cant make it any worse  good luck.whatever will happen now can be good only

6. Devs why doesnt the match show up in news anymore?

Only way to see our match was in clan page, no clan rank and no numbers.

Is this how is going to be for today forward? This was important information.

7. so basically because cry babies are getting owned by gh your shutti.g them down what a crock they need to grow up and be active in war to win

8. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Sound interesting, can't wait to get in and try it out.

9. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Hmm..

10. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Looks like I converted from GH just in time ;)

11. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

This is great. GH clans will be matched up with weak clans.
    Mith time.

12. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

The member participation range was too small

13. So how was GH nerfed?

14. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

I really like how y'all Devs are including the graphs and telling everyone what you're thinking and doing. You guys are doing a great job. I believe the end result of these trials will be a stellar war system. I'm buyin' in!! Happy Friday to all

15. I think that the only thing with GH is how much they pay.

Just changing that will make everyone happy.

16. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Just seems to me that you created an algorithm whose purpose was to avoid 'no matches'. Not sure how you've come full circle and now are intending on ignoring bfa and bfe? I'm just completely confused now......if you want to make this a success the. You need to examine dts and dtw algorithms. As of right now it's not even close to what makes a difference in wars...especially among the high bfa warriors. Among the low bfa players it's probably fine, but I think you seriously need to rethink the range-especially among top 100 ally LB. sorry devs...I'm usually more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but not on this one.

Just because your dtw/dts mechanics allow someone to hit or be hit doesn't necessarily equate to fairness. I have no business being able to hit a 8mil cs player just as top 25lb probably have no business hitting #200on ally lb let alone a 10mil cs player.

Again, I suggest if you are trying to use dtw/dts as a means to accomplishing 'fair' matchups then you need to significantly narrow the ranges for which warriors are dtw/dts.

Otherwise you're simply creating a formula that accomplishes zero 'no matches' but also results in significant mismatches.

Just my 2 little pennies

17. sounds like we will have all easy match ups now. not mad at all but i think its dumb to put dts/dtw in system wars. i realize you wish to try new things but that changes the whole strategy side to system wars completely

18. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

I guess a different way of saying it would be....just because someone isn't 'dts' to you doesn't mean you can actually hit that person successfully. If you want to fine time it you should add success rate to your algorithm...then you might actually have something there

19. 1) We have placed DTS and DTW mechanics back in. However, we are matching clans up so that we maximize the ratio of opponents that you can hit.

How is this going to make it for more people that you can hit if people are dtw or dts ? Say if #1 on the opposing team is up and on our side say member #80 is up how are they going to hit each other , They probably cant so those two members i guess will just wait for there next person in there size to come up.. There is some pretty big players in this game that it takes 3-4 members of ours just to keep them pinned therefore utilizing as a team we need are smaller members to gang up as well on the next biggest opponent( but maybe they cant because of dts ). I dont mind testing and will send feedback when i do , I just see some issues that already that are going to happen via bfa , dtw ,dts.

Thank you devs for giving us these wars to get the mith we need . All in all we all know what the main issue is and its the Gh and the way they pay , I dont mind the Gh because there's always a few in every clan and just having the right build and strategy can stop them.

20. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Wat do u mean by total strength ? Wat are u actually measuring its very unclear in ur post