Estoc Trials - Upcoming War Changes *IMPORTANT*

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Hey everyone,

For tonight's war (War #2), we are rolling out some major changes to the war system. Most of it is under the hood tweaks to the matchmaking, but we feel that it is important to inform everyone so that you better understand how we make your matches.

Equipment

You will no longer have the ability to equip or un-equip equipment once match ups occur. This is a necessary change as we now take equipment into account for match ups. Without blocking this, players will take off equipment before match ups in an attempt to game the system.

Defender too Strong & Defender too Weak

We will be placing both of these systems back into the war. The reason for this is two-fold:

1) We are matchmaking to optimize the ability for the two clans to hit each other. Most match ups have greater than 90% hit ratios, meaning that over 90% of the possible combinations of attackers and defenders can occur.

2) We now take into account how many players you influence when we do matchmaking. What does this mean? Let's say you have a clan full of weaker players, and invited a leader board player to join you in war. Before, this would either get you a no match or a mismatch. Now we take into account the player's influence in the war when we do the matchup. For example, if this leader board player actually cannot even hit anyone on the enemy roster, their influence on the war will be minimal and their stats won't affect the matchmaking process.

This may also mean that on the surface, you may be matched with clans that may appear to be a lot more powerful than yours. Do not worry! If this occurs, it most likely means there are members on the opposing that cannot even hit you.

2. And ur last

3. Thx devs for keep trying

4. **** sakeeeee. Why the **** did we even bother getting equipment?

5. You can still use your equiptment idiot

6. Yay! ๎€Ž

7. Coolio.

Just got my ass beat but I got the final KO to end the round! :)

8. He meant the advantage we were suppose to have because we reached 50rl, idiot.

9. It's an advantage already. The devs just did this so we wouldn't have people beating on newbs. If you like to beat on newbs the. That's your problem

10. Devs, please consider a different alternative... Have equip locked for the highest cs that is equipped during match... And allow for change during war. Equipment usage should be situational and we should not be locked to using 1 or another. For example, if I have on Mage at match up, I can switch to shield or bow... If I equipped bow, I can only use bow or shield... U are seriously taking all strategy out of wars in every update...

11. I know this is only a trial, but I don't like these ideas. No support for these changes.

12. No support at all! People spent hours, missed work, got up at 2am etc. etc. for this equipment and you just rendered it worthless!!

13. Devs, so, please confirm. Can take all equip off and it will only count the equip we are wearing?
    ๎„˜๎‘ƒVal

14. Please also explain how equip will be factored in. Is it a separate criteria like bfa? Or is it included in bfa? Is all 3 incorporated into 1? It's not very clear and I think that kawmunity would like to have full disclosure instead of a general statement as "BFE is now factored into match"

15. not being able to change equipment sucks, its a part of the strategy in war to be able to switch between attk equip and def equip, once again why keep catering to ppl that can't war? jus because they miss out or lose so much they can't buy or enchant equip isn't our fault. they need work on their war strat. give them motivation to get better equip. please stop catering to ppl who put minimal effort forth. its rediculous IMO.

16. I hear your arguments, but I have to disagree with you guys. They're NOT taking away equipment. They want to get us better matchups because that's what people complain about the most!! Just because you can't switch a few items for an unload doesn't mean it takes away all strategy.

I say good job devs.

17. Maybe this is a silly question, but how will the percentage based equip be taken into account, like the Abyssal blade? There is a lot of fighting from pin in these wars.

18. I think its bad changes