Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6 *UPDATE Mon 10pm

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ** UPDATE **
    10:15pm
    Hi folks, apologies that the analysis isn't posted yet. I hugely underestimated the amount of time it took to pull all the data and scrub it into workable, readable and useful format. Almost done that part but it's getting late. Will do my best to get it out either late tonight or early tomorrow.

News
    * Please be advised that we are running experiments with the current set of wars.

War 5
    Sunday
    1 hour war, random KO time between 8 and 13 minutes
    PDT - Sunday - 4am-4:30am
    EDT - Sunday - 7am-7:30am
    GMT - Sunday - 11am-11:30am
    SGT - Sunday - 7pm-7:30pm

Signups: 30
    No Match: 2

Sanctuary and OM you had similar build size but would have a low hit ratio so were not matched.

War 6
    2 hour war, 13 minute KO but players can come out 5 minutes early (advantage)
    Sunday
    PDT - Sunday - 1pm-1:30pm
    EDT - Sunday - 4pm-4:30pm
    GMT - Sunday - 8pm-8:30pm
    SGT - Monday - 4am-4:30am

Signups: 40
    No Match: 0

Have a great war you mighty clans. Clan admins please gather feedback from your clan about the matchup and post your feedback in this thread. We want to hear one voice from each clan if possible. Thanks.

Remember that tomorrow we are going to post up an analysis of the 9 weeks of test wars.

2. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

0 no matches 

3. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

Your hit ratio thing is a joke devs. I have 3 guys that can only hit 1 person. that's a joke

4. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

3 out of how many?

5. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

V-HAWKS (war 5):
    We were a bit outmatched against lupang sinilangan, they xtalled (most of them if I am right) and we didnt and we still won with 10b. It could also be that I am just epic in WCing(was my first time), or they were mismatched against us.

6. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

I have a question abt war 5 too, here on forums it said 1hr, but on signup screen, it saud 2 hrs, could you fix those things pls? :)

7. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

It also said before war "I_Shine_New_Age_Shoes(example) has joined your enemy in war." It showed up on the war roster that they had 30 ppl, but #30 wr was not hitable... fix this too pls ;)

8. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

Ill get you exact numbers devs. But match ups have been awful for 2 weeks now

9. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

Thanks dev and good job get 0 no match, over all, the test war was good, we still like season 1 system better although we won all the test wars, 1 hour advantage ko it's not bad, we don't like random ko in 2 hour war so much, nonstop spam for 2 hours is too much, maybe for 2 hour war, you can bring back the old system. again, thanks for the hard work you put together.

10. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

Lame! Bumb wouldn't let me say that Super hahaha.

But I agree! Should give season 1 style wars a shot again, in these new wars when you have to spam buttons for 5 mins per target to MAYBE get 1 attack in, is very boring, especially in a 2 hr war!

At least do 2 wars of those per week and see how they compare

11. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

Nice when 1/4 warring can only hit 1-2 targets and they dwarf us in remaining 'hittable' roster. 22v26 realistically.

12. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

I have question war5 i am warring in devils reborn against new age then i am casted 25mith and after war i get only 28mith can reply me dev whats wrong with me :( plz give me fair miths i hope you listen

13. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

Shouldn't recruit GHs.

14. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

It's beyond lame at this point. 8-10 wars in a row we're 40m-100m cs smaller than opponent and massively outmatched on BFA - yet you claim we couldn't match 2 clans from w4 which were a bit smaller. It's beyond the point of ridiculous, we've been keeping track.

15. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

@devs.

Tgia we look forward to all the challenges u throw at us. Last 12 wars we have been the underdog. Lower CS and BFA. We keep track.

My questions. 1) is it always going to be this way? 2) what can we do to get us more even matchups.

I understand its a hit ratio thing. But I think we need more information from you guys to see how these matchups are determined.

It's just odd that we our always the smaller size clan.

Anyhow. Thanks Devs for giving us a chance to voice our opinions. We look forward to ur answers.

16. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

Don't let GHs war. It screws you over. The plunder per hit on them is not worth the bad matchups.

17. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

Warthog Strafe Run VS No talent - no future
    26 VS 29
    Gonna be a close one! 
    -MK

18. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

Suggestion: Make it so you can't get matched up with the same clan twice per week.

19. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

Clan feedback is that yes, EE scores are closer (in general) when the other team has the ability to come out of pin early. While It's harder to time an opponent, we will adjust and try to meet the challenge as being more fair. With that said, the one hour "turtle" wars are boring and tend to reward the team that gets put to the mat. If one hour wars are to be kept then maybe double the KO plunder values or scrap the one hour format altogether. When your clan is dominated, taking one KO beating after, yet you win..there is something seriously wrong. As a clan we are no longer doing them. I know many will counter and say, well just dump attack troops at the beginning. Well, yes but do we really want just a rush to see who can plunder and go into pin/hiding fastest? I thought the whole point was to remain engaged...have a more fluid battle? Personally, I feel 2 hour wars are perfect while allowing for scores to not run away in embarrassing fashion to the losing party of the match. Plus, we are already waiting two hours to fight after match-up - why allow us to only play for one hour? Starting to feel like waiting in a long line at Disney World only to go on a short bumpy ride. Where's the fun in that?

20. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 9 - War 5/6

Thank you, this is good feedback.