Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5 *with KO clarificatin*

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Update

After last week's adjusted matchup algorithm, we examined the results and came up with a list of changes that needed to be done. It will specifically address equipment balance. Unfortunately, it will not be ready for this week. In the meantime, we have made the following adjustments to this week's wars:

* Defender too Weak and too Strong are removed for this week, just like they were in Season 1
    * Your opponent's successful actions will no longer be updated in the war roster until after the war is over. In addition, there will now be a delay in Plunder updates. These two were done to address reports of players using this data to help them gain an unfair advantage in wars. To further clarify, this is to remove the opportunity for players to use scripts and/or bots to help them gain an advantage in wars.
    * You wil be KO'ed for 10 minutes. You will have a 5 minute advantage before this to come out of KO (5 minute KO advantage)

* *IMPORTANT* we have also restricted member participation to a range of 26 to 29 members.

Test wars WEEK 5

*Estoc Edge will be awarded as before. 1 level earned for winning, 1 level lost for losing. You will still lose a level if you leave your clan
    * Mithril will still be rewarded for winning.
    * No Rancor levels will be awarded

Schedule

Signup: 3-6 hours prior to War Start Time. This varies based on how close the wars are together.
    Matchmaking: 2 hours prior to War Start Time (Must sign up before this, rosters lock at this point)
    Activity Lock: Approximately 1 hour prior to the earliest War Start Time
    Start Time: This can vary up to 15 minutes. This will be reflected in your war timer.

ALL WARS WILL BE 2 HOURS.

War 1
    Friday
    PDT - Friday - 1pm-1:30pm
    EDT - Friday - 4pm-4:30pm
    GMT - Friday - 8pm-8:30pm
    SGT - Saturday - 4am-4:30am

War 2
    Friday
    PDT - Friday - 8pm-8:30pm
    EDT - Friday - 11pm-11:30pm
    GMT - Saturday - 3am-3:30am
    SGT - Saturday - 11am-11:30am

War 3
    Saturday
    PDT - Saturday - 7am-7:30am
    EDT - Saturday - 10am-10:30am
    GMT - Saturday - 2pm-2:30pm
    SGT - Saturday - 10pm-10:30pm

War 4
    Saturday
    PDT - Saturday - 7pm-7:30pm
    EDT - Saturday - 10pm-10:30pm
    GMT - Sunday - 2am-2:30am
    SGT - Sunday - 10am-10:30am

War 5
    Sunday
    PDT - Sunday - 4am-4:30am
    EDT - Sunday - 7am-7:30am
    GMT - Sunday - 11am-11:30am
    SGT - Sunday - 7pm-7:30pm

War 6
    Sunday
    PDT - Sunday - 1pm-1:30pm
    EDT - Sunday - 4pm-4:30pm
    GMT - Sunday - 8pm-8:30pm
    SGT - Monday - 4am-4:30am

2. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

Yay no more dts/dtw  good job devs :)

3. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

Very confusing;

"There will now be a delay in plunder updates"

There always has been a delay, used to be 15mins but recently been every 5 (I think) so what is the delay now?

And "KO duration will be 10 minutes same as season 1"

KO duration was 15 minutes during season 1....?

4. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

Ok, so were back to the original matchmaking algorithm we used before week 4. I guess that didn't work so well. I'm looking forward to the BFE/GH changes. 

5. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

How were plunder updates and action counts unfair advantage in war? Will wr still have plunder totals ?

6. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

Unfair advantage using the info in enemy roster on actions. Are you serious???
    Who came up with that one. Could you try giving the players something they ask for rather than this type of complete garbage just to appease some cry babies with inactives on their side

7. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

Season 1 was a 15 minute KO timer, not 10

8. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

Agree with Magee.  please explain

9. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

will clear up the KO timer shortly.

10. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

Development I get these are test but removing actions and delaying plunder update is hands down the dumbest idea yet. What advantage I'm curious this removes apart from knowing who's inactive seriously a dumb idea .

11. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

Sooo is it like last week with bfa not being counted?

12. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

Ok so Kaw admin you saying that the actions will no longer paper on enemy roster but... We can look on their profile to see if they are hitting? Am I right you can do thAt? If so why change it??

13. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

Clarifications have been added on why actions and plunder updates have changed.

14. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

@Empire, they are making those changes that players have made via feedback/petitions. Those adjustments require much more work to be implemented appropriately. Give them time to do it right.

If they rushed through the process to present some subpar patch then people would fuss over the shabby workmanship. There is no real way to placate the commentariat.

15. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

You really suck in your forum discussions about descriptions. For someone that does not war every week and pay ur salary with gobs of money, u leave a lot out. Kinda like a soap opera. You miss a few episodes, ur in oblivion. That is like ur threads. U say so much, and think that these noob thread watchers like Igerpums (who has no RL) are the majority. Ur lame in assuming that.

16. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

And what about those stupid Guild hansels huh? No response yet from you devs

17. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

And as Arbiter said. Season 1 was 15 min KO. I fully supported a random KO time. This timer thing is BS. Not real war. And will not war till it becomes complete random and gets rid of these stupid trackers on cpu's. Do you hear me again Devs???? Prob not. To busy on the Vancouver beach atm

18. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

I am seriously thinking that people do not fully read these updates. They have stated that they still have things they are working on. READ THE POST! They cannot address ALL concerns at one. They are fixing small things at a time in order to know what they have fixed. If they changed everything at one there would be no way to tell what has and has not worked. READ THE POST AGAIN! They are delaying the plunder update because PEOPLE WERE CHEATING!!!! It's stated clear as day. If you're clan is doing it's job and playing by the rules a slight delay in plunder update will NOT effect anything you're doing. 1 ko by someone will not dramatically shift their place on the war roster. The reasons the actions cannot be seen is because this was part of what people were doing to cheat. It will also help those clans who have the odd inactive. It's actually a help if your clan member has something happen in real life and is inactive. Your opponent cannot use your inactive against you by targeting them as an sko target. I am uber happey the devs took out the defender too weak/strong aspect. I'm also glad they have moved back to the proper bfa/cs/# in war system for match ups. Now, let's see how many clans are actually fighting fair or using some outside means to cheat. I would have figured you people who have picked up on the CHEATING aspect of what they are working on now. Not the fact that the damn GH's haven't been nerfed. I fully expect them to include bfe into the matchups. But 1 step at a time works for me.

19. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

I'm really hating that its not fair we fight bigger people every war :( no matter what u do will never be perfect unfair advantage cause of bots? Should those not be banned? Btw the whole fighting bigger every war was a joke we are use to it keeps things interesting. Good luck

20. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5

Ok if they were botting or cheating the system in some way I get that and good glad u fixed it ...
    Are those players being striped of items and or mith they earned in this way?