Estoc Trials - Saturday War 2 (normal duration)

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Jun 9, 2013.

1. News
    * Please be advised that we are running experiments with the current set of wars. We'll be running another set of different experiments next weekend.

Saturday War #2
    War Test 1 (normal duration)
    Duration: 2 Hr
    Crystals: 2 Max Per player
    Roster Size: Minimum 25, Maximum 33

Signups: 56
    No Match: 6

The HiT Squad your build stats put you in range with many potential matchups but your BFA was 3x higher than most clans with a signup size within your range.

V-Hawks, ______AChiEVeMEnt_____ you both had many potential matches but ended up as odd man out. Though you were nearly within range with each other except for you sign up sizes were out of range.

S.O.T.R.A you had 14 potential matchups. They all matched each other creating an odd man out situation.

The Umbrella Corp. your build stats were too low to match you with anyone.

The Lost Exiles there were only 4 matchups within range of your signup size creating an odd man out situation. With similar build stats and BFA but a smaller signup size you would have had many potential matches.

Saturday War #2
    [​IMG]
    X-Axis - Clan sizes
    Y-Axis - # of signups

As per usual, we will be monitoring clan BFA numbers and we will address any suspicious activity throughout the coming war. Please keep BFA changes post-sign up to a reasonable minimum! Anything beyond that and you will be warned and risk losing rewards and/or match-ups!

2. Love you devs :)

3. The army regen period is too short; it needs to be lengthened from 5-10 minutes to 10-15 minutes.

This 5-10 minute period is too short and basically prohibits in-war strategy development; instead, everyone is too busy looking for targets to listen for 5-10 minutes as a strategy is explained in clan chat.

4. I def agree with adande a 10-15 mark would be better and less problematic especially giving the certain lags n glitches that can happen during war

5. 10-15 minutes....agreed. Strategy goes out the window with 5 minutes.

6. This system has no strategy other than turtle as fast a possible. Complete uncoordinated chaos. No support.

7. I think this kind of war sucks, no skill involved at all

8. This change sucked a lot. What's the point of making everyone fighting like noobs?

9. This war so chaotic and no strategies required except you need plenty of luck to KO opponents.

10. Sorry but I like this new system. You don't like it because it is chaotic? News flash! It is A WAR GAME. A good healthy dose of chaos is what the old system needed. At least this way we are all active even in lopsided matchups. The old version had the wars decided by the build chemistry before the war started. Now in-war activity is essential. No more sitting around because the other side is all pinned for the next 15 minutes, and we know their regen times down to the last second.

So i say screw strategy. It is boring. Give me chaos, give me violence, give me WAR.

11. Agreed war is chaotic you guys are only crying cause u gotta work out a new strategy love the update keep it up devs 

12. yes i also like variable ko time.
    but for 2 hrs war it can be changed to 10-15.
    Also we can narrow it to 2-3 min bracket like 7-10 or 7.5-10.

also if possible we can change regen time to 2.5 min (when koed). with ko out 7.5-10min.

13. Personally I think u guys love it cause u don't need a strategy or sacrifice ur builds to do these ... For now u can go in pure plunder builds..

But I warn u now if this system stands war clan will adjust and this system will be ten times worse for u .... I'd explain how and why but don't think ud get it anyway

14. In not sold on new system. Variable KO times just don't suit me or how I want to play it. I've been in many a turtle war and this is no different. Having the ability to choose when u come out of KO does help avoid being ko'd but is it the best solution.

Developers are at least trying to please everyone, I have to give them props for that. Matchmaking should be the emphasis of these trials. Find a way to even matches via build structures.

The original EE structure was sound for strategy. I liked the way u could track opponents. Disrupting that tracking was always key. I still think adding an extra crystal would make it more interesting and change more war outcomes.

Just my opinion.

15. No Mithril Reward.

Since devs won't respond to feedback OR emails I am forced to post on forums. Sorry kaw community.

I did not get a mith reward from the vanished paladins eb yesterday after loss. ALSO, mith was not credited to my account after war victory TODAY.

Please fix ASAP devs. Thanks

16. Phil, the previous system was chaotic and exciting...but you could work out a strategy and coordinate efforts. 5 min Regen is an sko dream. I had little to no problem turtling the whole war and endd up closer to the top of the plunder list than normal. Honestly, felt like I was playing alone on an eb that hit back. No clan coordination. Just time opponent and sko, variable didn't stop my timing. Maybe the devs can make an eb that fights back for those that want it and we can get back to a war where it is somewhat chaotic, but coordination also counts. Variable 15-20 min out of ko would work better as a compromise. that would at least give a more even chance to ko vs sko. Heck, why not give a ko/sko bonus: 1 Regen for the one who did the last action? Rewards success.

17. what is this australian time??? i always have trouble converting from US time :lol: :lol:

18. Actually Phil, you are wrong. I agree with most things you say, but not here. Build strategy, BFA, BFE and good trackers still win these new wars. The only difference between the old wars and this new system is my thumbs hurt after 2 hours and I have a headache from all the chaos.

The scores might be closer, but with the new system, the team that wins the first 5 min wins be war. You no longer can save xtals, try to keep the score close and win with chaos xtaling in the last 15-20min. Try to win a hit against someone who is full with 5-10% troops. You won't. Every time you sko, you not only don't make money, but you also lost plunder. With the old system, I was lucky to break 1b in plunder, now, 2b is easy. Hansels shouldn't be making that much.

People claim tracking is out for these new wars? Actually again you are wrong, it's more important than ever. A good tracker trumps chaos by letting his team know who is ko and no. With 5-10min regen, they just post more targets in cc.

For 1h blitz wars, the new system is great. It's a fast, quick, fun war. But, for 2h wars, the 5-10m regen is just a pain.

You are right, KaW is a war game and we are in a 'war,' but talk to any good commander and a good strategy beats the chaos approach any day. If you really like this chaos approach, then you probably were the same people complaining about BFE, BFA and match up issues two weeks ago.

The system is fun and interesting, but not for 2h wars.

19. Ninja, assuming you have a phone (Droid or iPhone/ipod), go to clock and then world clock. You can choose any city around the world and you can see their time.