Equipment BFA - is it included in Rastoc war matchups

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Bert007, Apr 18, 2013.

1. This may have been covered before, and if so, I apologise. I searched and did not find anything that answered my question.

Which is whether equippable equipment boosts are taken into account when clans are being matched in rastoc / ee wars? I also posted some overly long comments one the war 4 update.

Specifically:
    - is equipment BFA contribution part of the match-up process or not? Some clans go ‘naked’ before the war wanting to better their matchup. I personally don’t think it makes any difference

- in any case, equipment plays a huge role in a war, especially if ally BFAs are close. Someone with decent equipment BFA can have say 100 70 90 60 equipment BFA, much of which is static

- yet unless you are a lb player, your ally BFA could be around 30 30 15 15. Hence the impact of equipment BFA is far greater. The above equipment BFA adds 6m CS to a player. That makes a huge difference in the ability to hit them and how much troops are used and hence likely war result if equipment levels are markedly different between opponents

2. - even now there exist large discrepancies in equipment (and their enchantment levels) that clans and players have, acknowledging of course that this has been achieved through their previous hard work. I include both red paladin and ASW equipment in this comment.

If this equipment which has a big influence is not considered in a matchup, then those without are weaker for sure. So the stronger side will usually win; the strong getting stronger (by way of more mith and future rancor equipment) and the weaker sides don’t improve. That is surely not in the overall benefit of the playing community.

Please confirm one way or another, and if it is not, I’d like to understand why not given that devs suggest a lot of effort goes into making even matchups. Thanks.

3. I'm curious about this as well

4. Yes in jamacia the RASTOC Wars do include bfa but in RANCOR wars idk

5. I emailed devs about this and they said that they do not count equip in thier match ups. Ill try to find it, if I still have it.

6. There needs to be a reward for having good equipment... If equipment was counted in matchups, then what's the point in winning equipment if it doesn't even help you in wars?

Also it would be impossible to count, because people would just unequip equipment right before war.

7. @ Prince, if they do not, I'd very much like to know why.

I'm not stupid and unless I don't understand some of these war mechanics (in which case I'd like to learn), then not including equipment BFA is not fair and possibly the biggest reason for one sided results

8. @murderwar barcode - I acknowledge it takes time and effort to get equipment. The equipment is yours for EBs, OSWs and so on to make a difference, but when devs saying they are trying to match clans, then that is clearly not the case if equipment is not considered.

Note that devs can easily track equipment as it's part of a player's profile. I know of people who were banned and then unbanned, but EB drop equipment was not returned but pro-pack equipment was for example. So they can monitor it. They monitor everything lol.

Not including it the strong will get stronger and the weak weaker, so to speak. If you want only Warlor / Hellhounds, ER and Murderwar and a few select others to get highest levels of achievement then this is the way to go.

But it is not something I believe the vast majority of players would support. It’s not fair in terms of all the other parameters devs try to match, and then overlook potentially the one that makes the biggest difference.

And of course next year there would be an even greater gap between the strong and weak that will continue to grow.

I am simply asking for KAW Admin to confirm one way or another, an if not, why not.

9. @Bert;

If you have full EB equipment, especially with the new T8 equips, you will have almost as much equipment stats as anyone in any top EE clans has in Red paladin equipment, with a couple exceptions.

10. Well the problem with equip counting is that it can be Unequipped before war, devs would need to change the mechs to lock equipment in during matchup.

Secondly you see clans that win often continue to win partially they have more and better mith equip.(obviously its not just that but every advantage helps)

Knight

11. @murder that is not my point and you know it. It's about the level and power of all equipment one clan has vs. another and the huge impact that can have if not part of the matching algorithm.

Devs can scan slots where all equipment sits and simply estimate max equipment BFA assuming best equipment is equipped in appropriate slots.

@ Kings - that supports my view that the strong get stronger ..

Devs - your silence is deafening :?:

12. Equipment BFA? Like equipments bonus from allies?

13. .... Well then have your clan run all the epic item EBs, and load up your entire clan with great equipment. And If you want to address the devs, email them; it's unlikely that they will read this forum post.

14. If there are to many factors to the matchup process , there would be more no matchups. If you need equipment . Get it. It helps.

15. It is an interesting point, the bonus equip give is equivalent to 10s of trillion in allies.

16. Remedy by creating a trade in for unwanted gear, and BFA for equipment is only calculated off the highest stat item for each slot

17. Jamaica rastoc wars?
    :lol: :lol: