EE War Balancing

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Il-FIX-Il-pEsTiLeNcE-Il-FIX-ll, Aug 18, 2013.

1. I really enjoy EE Wars win or lose (though my preferred option is winning). There has been a lot of changes to EE wars and one of the big sticking points at the moment is mismatches.

Personally I would like to see clan totals CS/BFE/BFA posted during match-ups. It would help to see how big the difference between clans ACTUALLY is. Rather than how players feel. This way we can get a sense of whether the matchup or... dare I say it... the strategy was bad. But I digress.

Lets say there was a large difference between 2 clans which could result in:

a) a bad matchup
    b) a no match

What if the matching system could balance that?

What if as part of the matchup a clan could be granted a flexible spell boosting stats like Battle Fury/Fog of war? So a lower powered clan would automatically be granted this spell which would give an increase of att/def/spy att/spy def to bring them closer to the opposing clan

1) Is this the beginnings of a good idea as is?
    2) Would this spell be granted to all fighters equally or would it be granted to some based on a set of rules*

*For example an lb player getting bigger would take them further out of the hit/ratio so they would not receive this.

Also:

Instead of making the weaker clan stronger. You could make the larger clan smaller with in inverse of the above spell.

Finally you could as well as or instead of the above alter the way plunder works during EE. To avoid the problems with large builds hitting small builds and reverse and having wildly different plunder. Why not institute a fixed plunder system when the first hit of EACH player makes x per hit decresing at a fixed amount by %age to the last hit.

My feeling is doing this would force players to focus more on strategy and teamwork during EE rather than tweaking the system through build variants and stacking teams.

Your thoughts?

2. You're bottle-necking the maneuverability of the system. Sorry it's a no go for me.

3. I remember when EE was about strategy and not stats,allies,equip,and xtals.Now EE just annoys me.

4. The devs will not listen to this.

5. Go back to the s1 algorithm
    Don't include bfe it just ruins matchups

#jade4VK

6. But what if they dont bring back the s1 algorithm? Do these ideas still not have merit?

7. We won our war against Poc

We were down severely in towers.
    More than 75 mil cs down

We had 3 inactives for the first 3/4 of war

They pinned us, and sat on us....

BUT WE WON HAHAHAHAH
    We are The best war clan in kaw. No body in kaw history has been pinned, out gunned, and had 3 inactives.... And WON!

Thanks VAL our leader

8. Ummm congrats. Surprised you had to actually war lol. Thanks for the ridiculously large text and not adding anything to the discussion too...