EE Matchmaking Fix: No MATCH

Discussion in 'Wars' started by ITTI_CoTToN__ITTI__BuTToN_ITTI, Feb 20, 2013.

1. I have warred all 12 weeks the trials have been run. Often I have warred in multiple wars with multiple alts. One thing that I have noticed getting worse is the matchmaking. The devs say they have "fixed" the problem but that "this may alleviate this (problem) somewhat. However, it will never remove it." I am extremely perturbed by their statement. Basically, the devs know that there are and will continue to be severe problems with the matchmaking, but that oh well too bad dear customers, you may be forced to suffer through up to 4 hours of execrable waste of time.

What I propose is a fail safe system for the matchmaking system. In order for a match to be made, both clans need to be within a predetermined percentage in both strength AND numbers. My initial proposal, which would certainly be subject to adjustments and revision with more data, would be that clans be within 20% in strength and 13% in numbers. 20% strength can be overcome with all pots; 13% numbers means that for every 8 players your opposition can have 1 extra. This can make for difficult matches but in no way would these matches be absolutely unwinnable.

If a clan cannot be matched to these specifications, then the clan gets a notice saying no match could be made (and for which reason) and they continue on with their eb. Hopefully the clan can adjust their roster to increase their chance of a better match in time for the next EE war.

I can't see any real downside to this system. It helps to eliminate clan stacking; it helps to eliminate abuse of reset alts; it gives faith to clans that they won't get utterly demolished in 5 minutes; it prevents the extreme boredom of sitting on an overmatched opponent for 2 hours.

If the devs implemented this system, the EE trials could be opened to a wider audience. Each week I read the updates and see many small clans wanting to join the trials. With the no match proposal, the devs could eliminate all clan numbers requirements. Heck you could have any number from 1-100 as long as a suitable match could be made.

Win or lose, I would prefer to be in 1 close war rather than 10 overmatched walkover wars. In fact I would go so far as to say I would much prefer to do an eb than participate in one of these all too common walkovers. Sitting on/getting sat on is a terrible waste of time for both war teams.

I would appreciate any constructive feedback.

2. "For every 8 extra players your opposition can have one extra."

Extra.... What?

3. One extra player obviously.....

4. Work through this a bit more. What you are suggesting would result in at least 2 clans being unable to war, for no fault of their own. Potentially there could be no matches at all, and no wars

5. Better to miss out that waste 4 hours for nothing.

6. I emailed this idea twice to devs no reply but great thread they keep going on about THE RISK we take in war with our hard earned mith. But don't reply to any ee related emails 

7. I like this idea. The numbers need tweaking though. Keep the lower limit of 30 people... Too few people and it'll be a 1v1 which, at 20% disadvantage, would hurt. Remove 45 person/60 person caps

8. Great idea. Would help a lot

9. Why don't devs. simply put it so that there needs to be the ALMOST THE SAME amount of players to do EE Wars?

For example, all clans are required to have 40-45 members. Would make things more fair. Obviously this is a fake number, it could depend.

There's no way to make matchups perfect, it's recommended to watch both sides of the case before one starts talking without enough view lol.

If more clans participated, matchups would be much better, due to a higher amount of participants, aka a higher pool of opponents to match.

10. These ideas have been posted many times by a lot of other players but I will repost some of them.
    1. Increase the reward, the current payout suck.
    2. Reward both clans, obviously the winner gets the lion portion of the reward.

11. I agree the match- ups need to improve, they seemed to get worse with this new fix. OP's idea makes more sense than the one the dev's have presented- support

12. A "No Match Found" with reasons is the best option I've seen Myth hadn't been used so no foul except your time
    Learn why you get bad matchups ,
    We have learned And our matchups are fine.
    We've been out numbered and out strengthed butt still prevailed There is math to it Do it or shut it

13. I would also like to see an "Accept" or "Deny" button once the clans are paired. But if one Denys... The other is left out

14. No "Deny" button.
    EE is like a pro sport franchise, nfl nba nhl mlb. Some times a clan kicks your butt. But its in the confines of the game.
    System wars are like local sports. You agree in the terms between teams. Unique as you want. All score is recorded

Osw is like getting mugged in the ally way. The guy (or girl) holding you up might have a knife or gun, or a spoon. You dont know

So lets play the game, if you are more like St.Louis and less like Boston, Those are the apples youre left with

15. Im Sure if you do only 20 member each Clan it Would b alot of Clans in ee war !! And im Sure its alot Easyier to keep member inside Clan ! So all can keep Bronze rewards!

16. You're joking right.

For every 8 players the other clan have one extra. You are either crazy or you've never been matched up like this.

So you're okay with 88 v 99
    Considering for every 8 the other side has 1 extra.
    8 x 11 = 88
    9 x 11 = 99

The side with 88 will fail the EE spectacularly.
    Worse, the 88 is iG, ZAFT Destiny, ZAFT Carnage, Monster Garage versus
    99 which are EB noobs with huge stats.

Seems you've not seen wholesale slaughter.
    It will be like a butcher with a chainsaw let loose in an abattoir of cows.

17. How about having divisions then having series inside those. 3series for each division. Division is measured in 10s by number and series are measurd by strength