EE handicap system.

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Long_Ben_Silver, Jan 11, 2013.

1. I did post this in the KaW admin update thread but I'm sure it was lost in the noise in there.

As an idea to make EE wars fairer, what about implementing a handicap system.

Example - Despite KaW admins best efforts, team A and team B are matched against each other but team A has one extra player and 2 mil CS more of power.

Because of this, Team B starts the match 'X' amount of plunder ahead.

The way to get 'X' would be to look at the average amount of plunder a 2 mil CS player gets in EE wars ( it shouldn't be tough to find this out, ATA have all the numbers) and simply add that to the total of team B.

Now I know that successful actions doesn't just mean plunder gained, and I'm sure it wouldn't work if the gap in stats was too big. But given that most of the matchups are (kind of) close I feel this could be a good way of bridging that last gap between teams.

2. No.... That's like wanting to use instant replay on every play in sports to eliminate the refs chances to screw up.. Fact is, the system will never be perfect, therefore, we should just be mature, and deal with it. IMO that is

3. Bad idea. It's not about CS. Munting another team in any fashion is a mine field. Think we have problems now, think about the squealing the first time the 'normalized' team loses against the weaker opponent.

Just no.

4. Not sure I accept the argument the system is broken lets deal with it. If we have the possibility to make it better then lets make it better!

5. But what you're suggesting isn't going to make it better.

For example, what algorithm would you use to decide how much of a head start the weaker clan gets in plunder.

Hard to do a good match up? Imagine the difficulty trying to land on a fair plunder figure to the weaker side.

6. In the end EE is mainly about activity and team work. If your clan is weaker but you all work together and are active you can still KO a larger player just by being more active and having multiple players hit him. :cool:

-MçŚhèępś

7. No, that's like saying hey look the Bobcats are worse then the Heat, let's let them start the game with 10 points.

Is that at all fair?

8. How about dev allow individual sign up, they will be randomly put if any clan are needing more hitters due to imbalance match up

9. Agree with Returns... Same as Usain Bolt adversary don't have a 10m advance. Even if you are outgunned or outnumbered from every war you can learn something. That something can make you to be better in next wat.
    What is frustrating for the losing side (I was in the losing side several times) is the huge amount of gold spent. What can be done? Maybe a "gentlemen agreemet" between clans owners that nobody will cast spells... At this point everybody spend a consistent amount of gold to cast useless spells. Because if everybody is using spells, they become useless

10. Why don't we have a balance at every 15 minute update where if team A is down 10b, they get a plunder increase of 10b? That seems super fair. Lets all tie in a perfectly tied war. Sound great

11. We have beaten plenty of clans with more warrers. Just get better