DEVS War Matching Explanation Please

Discussion in 'Wars' started by -__TyroneSparklepants__-, Jan 23, 2014.

1. @kaw_community

First a little Snip it from tonight's middle match up section:

Spartans of The under world
    ---No RemorSe---
    MONSTER WAR -> very close to matching you but all other clans within stat range were already matched.
    -ART-OF-WAR-
    -i-n-s-t-i-n-c-t-
    NIGHT HAWK
    Warriors of the Forgotten
    FAITH Battleground -> very close to matching you but all other clans within stat range were already matched.
    It Burns When I EE

Im not one to complain about match-ups and congrats to SotUW on your win. We have lots of friends there and this is by no means poking at them.

Im just a little confused about the explanations... It Burns VS SotUW... we had similar rosters so i get the match I suppose. But just because we have similar builds doesn't mean we are equally matched. Our clan is new and has no EE EQ, they were all maxed. I know this complaint is out there about stacking and I don't agree with that even after this loss. I feel that had we used a different strategy this could have been much closer war, although likely still not win-able, but we could have made it even closer than it was.

That is not what this post is about. This post is about:

What is up with Faith Battleground and Monster War?

Both of these clans got no match because "very close to matching you but all other clans within stat range were already". I know there are hit ratios involved to an extent but something is up here... We matched a clan 9 spots higher than us, and those two clans were inbetween us. Is this match-up system really saying that Burns Vs FAITH Battleground and SotUW vs Monster war would have been a worse set of wars?

I would highly disagree that it be the case knowing about these 4 clans and looking at the rosters. Im glad we got a hard fight and worked as a team. But I see clans between our two also getting pommeled by people bigger than SotUW on the list and it just seems like regardless of hit ratios, pairing teams near each other on the list would make these match-ups closer.

Again I am not looking for an answer from kaw_community about GH / SOS stacking. I would like to know the logic behind pairing teams that far apart when their are 2 teams in between not getting matches and then telling both those teams that no one near them was the right size? It just gives a clan no way of knowing how to adjust their size.

Thanks in Advance

2. They could explain but u can't make sense of nonsense

3. Our rank was higher than our match up by quite a few but they had 11 GH. I'm not complaining but our bottom 15-18 couldn't hit there top 10 and our top 10 couldn't hit their bottom 11. It was a fun war but we new we had no chance of winning because our mids were easy targets for there entire roster. They built there clan great but I seem a few that stack GH that would have been a much better and closer match than we were. I would have preferred getting the no match over what we got.

4. our setup was similar, but like I said I wont complain about stacking. We had 9 GH they had 13. So obviously their top end could be a bit bigger than ours. We were simply outmatched on BFE, they all had it and we didn't.

5. Seconded, some insight to this, as we are new to EE over at burns, would be super. Spartans, great war!! Pol, great post!!

When answered, insert name here "__________ great response, thanks!!!!"

6. I guess all this talk about it makes me start thinking about other games I have played with incredible PVP systems and War Systems. Guild Wars for instance:

Random Team PVP: 4 v 4 - join a queue and get paired randomly with 3 other members against a similarly formed team

Team PVP: Make up your own group of 4 and war against another similarly formed team

Guild Matches 8 v8 v 8 v 8: Very interesting thought for KaW to look at to make matches "more fair"

So I look at those concepts and think now they all seem similar to what KaW is doing... why such an issue here?

Then I remember in Guild Wars when you enter a PVP match your PVE character has no real effect on PVP. All people in PVP are level 20 (max level) and may use mostly all EQ they choose. They have some advantage EQ but it really doesnt have more than a 5% affect on your build.

Guild Wars truly pushes a fair match through simply making everyone on a level playing field.

KaW could do this exact same thing. When casting WOC you cant PVE. Your build is wiped clean and you get 75 lands to build whatever build you want on. No Money involved, No EQ involved, No BFA involed. Lets just let clans build strategies based on the best possible builds they can do and how they can use them. Match them via CS and let them war and have fun.

When the war is over their build goes back into PVE mode. Thats really the only way to make everyone happy for EE wars devs. Just a heads up

7. Ooo yay, I see that one of my war ideas is partially being asked :D

8. There is full of unfairness. You can see my match up table in other thread out there. You know what is going on of the match up.

9. seems like somehow the main s3 war 6 thread is locked now which means i wont get a response there so bumping this one.

10. Well if that were the case, what would be the point of getting equip in the first place?

11. Support @polaris' second post

12. OSW, prestige, etc. there are plenty of reasons I can think of. Im not saying I would encourage that but it is one way to make it more fun for their entire user base. As the same war clans continue to win they will get better and better BFE, soon a player with EE EQ wont even be able to touch a similar stat war veteran, just causing more mismatch complaints.

13. You guys probably had a better hit ratio then you did with other clans.

14. Id like to see how the hit ratio works exactly then... because we couldn't successfully hit many of them. Maybe hit ratio needs to be tweaked a bit more to actually compare outcomes of attacks from full instead of just whether person A can hit person B :eek:

Plus when I see that Monster War had a very close match against SotUW recently it makes me wonder why they would get no match this time as it was a very good fight last time.

15. Why do I keep seeing Whiney **** about EE matchups? Maybe the system is bad. I don't know, I don't like EE. How is whining going to help? What we need is threads which suggest improvements and give the devs statistics.

This thread has some statistics, but it's mainly Whiney. 'DEVS' in caps. Telling them to explain stuff? No..

Title it 'war results' or something. Include your findings, and suggest how you feel things could be improved.

16. Thanks for reading my post, or at least partially reading my post lol. This isn't a complaint about our match up its a question for the devs in regards to how two teams in between our match up span were given no clans near you in strength No matches while us on the outer ends were matching each other and therefore apparently not to far apart in strength.