devs- how about a timer for ko's?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by PandaGeorge, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Being my first ee weekend, ive no idea as to how many tweaks youve done already. I found one that i couldve used.

A small timer for when a player sko's or ko.
    Im not talking about the enemy's or my clan. Im talking about a personal timer for my profile.
    That top frame where nobs, allies and buildings are posted can be tweaked into a battle clock for the ko and auto out.
    That wouldve help a lot instead of having to spam a player three actions to see a mag pop up that says 1 minute still

2. Use a spreadsheet, or paper and pencil, or third party apps, or use a Pc, or don't track at all and leave it to somebody else.

3. I'm pretty sure op means a timer for when he/she's Ko'd, to help see when they're back in the battle.

4. Yes, he does mean that.
    I have no idea what Unicorn was blathering about.
    Yes... This would be really helpful, support.

5. Unicorn was talking about tracking opponent times.

Paper and pencil, personally ^_^

6. This is a good idea, but I use Ally Chat to track when I get up and when some enemies get out of KO. :p

7. Yea, great idea. Lets put your time somewhere easy that computer hackers can access and post for their friends in EE. No support

8. Since I tend to track, I just add myself to my tracking. Problem solved

9. What the hell are you smoking Odin? Who in the world would just hack just to get someone's SKO time in EE?

Anyways, I don't know about the rest of you but I have a thing called a clock on my phone and computer. Its handy and it displays the current time and is always visible. KO/SKO, then look at that handy clock and count down.

10. I agree with OP that such a timer would be handy--especially for those people just learning how to EE war. I imagine it is very difficult when their first war is a random KO time war.

The experienced people all say, just look at the clock, write down your time, sweep targets after your first regen to learn your KO time, etc. but try and remember how overwhelming everything was for the first time EE player. Things that are intuitive for the experienced player are NOT intuitave for the first time player, they are learned over time.

If we want to make EE a less intimidating experience for more people (which will encourage greater participation by the wider KaW community) we should be receptive to more ideas like this that takes a little off the lurning curve.

So, for that reason, SUPPORT.

Cheers,

Kage.

11. My first EE wasn't overwhelming.

And I tracked/commanded it too

12. That's awesome, Sholrun, but you are the exception rather than the rule. OPs point was to make a simple (perhaps) fix to make EE a little bit easier on the noobs. I'm cool with that.

Cheers,

Kage.

13. There's a learning curve for everybody. Implementing a self KO timer seems to me a waste of time/effort/resources considering it should be a one time event.

14. I feel it's a simple idea, that devs could integrate into the system with minimal effort. It would make new war-ers able to focus on learning to war instead of focusing on coming out of pin. Support

15. Lame! Write the time that you were koed. Add 8-13 to it and that's when you can come back up (depending on the war style). It's not that hard lol

16. There's a war clock that is accurate to the second. Use it. The idea already exists, and if a noobie can't pick up the idea of recording their own time down, how could they do something as complex as fighting a war and hitting proper targets and xstalling on command. Just to add to my previous response.

17. I just track myself too, as "me" on paper (luckily haven't warred against anyone named "me" yet)

18. I just finished reading all replies, thx for the support from those who believe this to be a simple yet good idea.

As for players who are saying just write the time and start counting down, may i remind you that not all players can or are willing to do that. That remark only serves your style of playing and not for a community of new players like yourself at one time, needed to learn how to EE war.
    I posted this thread as a feedback of how my first ee weekend could've been improved.

This would be a great add-on, making it simpler to new players to be more productive ad more efficient. Bad experience with confusion and then claims from players in cc are enough to scare away players and go back to simply ebing.

19. Op I see where you are coming from but aside from hack issues and anything else people want to add there is a simple reason it isn't in yet.
    Devs are trying to speed up gameplay. Adding more info in a live data format to every single account warring would require more server usage and even if only slightly slow down response and increase lag.

A good war clan should teach you how to track your times and opponents as much as is possible now.
    If they aren't helping new players then it will result in a poor war anyway full of excuses and add to further bad feedback for the war system.

Best advice tho maybe negatively given is note your times using cc info and decide when you need to come out of ko to best suit your clans war effort
    Communication is key to war. Players must communicate or there really is no point.
    Enjoy the wars. Welcome to Ee and good luck with your future wars.