Constructive debate on scouts and their place in system wars

Discussion in 'Wars' started by *lllllllllllIIIiiiiIIiiII (01), Jun 10, 2013.

1. After a very enjoyable but ultimately a loss in the war against warlor, its very apparent this was brought about by scouts, which was basically all season 1 consisted of.

Personally i think scouts have no place in system was as the current "mechs" are broken and by that i mean the fact that you can throw pots into scout attacks which gives the defender no chance of successfully defending against them. For example i can scout this build at 100% spys with a 400k spy build and return 100% success simply by using full pots and the argument for towers is invalid as this build was at 100% spys.

Now i can see a few possible solutions to this.

1. No scout actions in system wars, leaving only assassinations which i feel is an entirely valid war action, as bfe, bfa, build and sdps all place a part in it unlike scout actions. my preferred change.

2. No potions to be included in scout attacks. if defender cant use them why should the attacker be able to use them? i feel this would be a good solutions aswell.

3. Allow SDPs for defender. Im not entirely sure how effective including sdps would be to be honest given the bias in stats of full attack pots over full defence pots.

4. No spy troop loss to defender from incoming scout actions. suggested by AntiCancerDrug. good suggestion hadnt thought of that tbh. my feeling is wars a so fast paced you learn nothing you shouldnt already know from pre war.

Please reply with constructive support or critisism

2. Number 2 would be the best option of your three. I don't like idea 1 or 3 tho

3. yea its a good one and if im honest feel most likely the one to balance the wars.

4. I agree with you but I feel that scout action is needed because it allows attacker to gauge the probability of success of his/her impending attacks. I offer an alternative solution - maybe the defender should not have any troop loss. So only attacker will lose troops. That should revert scouting to its original function - Just a thot.....

5. No 2. I agree with that one

6. good suggestion AntiCancerDrug ive included it.

7. Support for #4

8. Support to #2 that would be fair.

9. No support... My alt is hansel for a reason... And that is to war... And I'll do any action full pots/mith if I want or not.

10. 5. Stop whining. You throw pots into scouts then that's fine just waste your imaginary money and theirs no such thing as 100% success. Scouts deal so little as it is that it hardly matters and is really the only difference between a pin and ko in eewar.

11. Nobody cares about your alt sourapple.

Remember that whatever mech changes in EE will wash through to the rest of the game. Possibly option 2, but any change here provides a massive advantage to both hansels and tower builds. They're already enjoying a lot of advantages.

Something to think about across the whole game...

12. I disagree. Scouts are one way Attack builds have to screw hansels. It's all a balancing act

13. I have no problems with spy's scouts how would attack builds get through to KO A pure spy

14. 1. remove the dtw mechanic for hansels with no gold out.

2. let attacks kill spies as well as soldiers. to balance out assassinations and so that spy builds have to put up attack defense towers as well.

15. wheres the balancing act for a hansel hitting an 11m attack build?

16. wrong, scouts kill off alot of spy troops with pots included.

17. Spyk, try assassinating, it kills troops

18. If you'd like to say the hansel build is underpowered then go ahead, just don't expect to get much support from forums.