Change Veil of Evasion to Spell of Activation

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Mossy71, Dec 12, 2012.

1. I'm sure many of you have been in a war where you had an inactive clan member that couldn't be kicked because they were an admin or the owner but weren't around to cast their Veil of Evasion.

So why not change it to a spell of activation? Or a "Yes I want to war" spell. That way you are committing to war instead of having to cast a spell to avoid it. This means that if someone couldn't access their account for whatever real life reason would not lose money etc & it would make the match ups fairer if that admin or owner is a big account.

I'm sure that more thought would need to be put into it such as how long before war does this need to be cast (I guess before match-up would make sense) and can you un-cast it if something unexpected comes up.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this & I'm sure the devs would too.

2. I want this too.
    VoE is cool, but a complicated loophole.

3. How is there a, loop hole? I like it actually
    support

4. Sounds like a good idea, would make managing mixed War/No War clans easier. Support.

5. Sounds great to me. Would help out a lot. 

6. Sounds like a good idea support

7. Would that mean if you had no mith, you wouldn't be able to cast the spell and war ever?
    Sorry I've been away for a while so any changes to the spell system i haven't caught up with yet.

8. Oh, sorry. I just checked and it's free to cast lol
    My bad XD

9. The spell would be free. Support on my part, especially since the holidays are coming up, which could cause problems for players that take a kaw-free vacation.

10. Yeah but if they couldn't access the account for some 'RL issue' as you say, wouldn't it be irrelevant either way? They can't get on..Period.

11. Yes it may help but devs have already said this is not an option at the moment. And when they can, if they can they will address this. See update forum.

12. Malevolence it wouldn't matter if they can't get access to device one can assume they wouldn't be warring. Though all clans would have to ensure all members are signed up on time as well.
    If devs can link accounts to a home and war clan ( when they work out an elegant way to do it) it negates the need for any opt in or out spells anyway.

13. Lets hope so. Support!

14. excellent idea.. :) I support your idea

15. Totally support!!!

16. This idea has already been presented and devs already responded to it. No reason to keep making new threads of same ideas.

17. Thanks saleen. Devs replied to my feedback & told me to post in forum.

18. No problem. Wasn't being rude. Just making people in this thread aware. I would point you to where it was but I don't remember. But off the top of my head I think they said it wasn't a bad idea and they would look in to it. Said it would require resources that they are currently devoting to fixing the matchups first.

19. This is an awesome idea! Support