Better ways of spending £3/$5 than buying xstals for EE war

Discussion in 'Wars' started by james_bond, Jun 9, 2013.

1. I read a great thread by Wulf today titled Kingdoms at ComeOnAndFightYaPansies! which was a call to arms for war but also detailing brilliantly the cost of war and how much can be gained by winning. A win of 60-90 mithril on my account would equate to around 50-80 billion in gold! Even if you lose you can still be 'up'. I'd prefer to call it neutral as your gonna spend that mith on the next war. Anyway, to my point.

What really got me thinking was a comment by _DEVO_

"In the end $1/hr for interactive entertainment is still a heck of a lot cheaper than the movies.

Or a coffee from Starbucks."

The comment was spot on. You can't get a coffee in Starbucks for a dollar. In the UK a Caramel Machiiiiaaaaaato costs upwards of 3 quid. But what can you do for entertainment instead of spending £3 / $5 on xstal?

So I've put together a short list of things you could do to keep you entertained for $5 or less. Please feel free to add your own.

Buy a stack of solo cups and build a tower. See how high you can go without it toppling over.

[​IMG]

Send the kids into the local charity shop with a dollar and see what they come out with. Then tell them that's their xmas presents sorted.

[​IMG]

Teach yourself how to knit. Knitting requires two needles and some yarn. It will only cost a couple of quid and available from all good knitting shops near you. A lot of patience and an instructional video or two may be needed but persevere. Like how hard can it be right??

[​IMG]

Buy a pack of rubber bands and have a rubber band war with all your friends. If you have no friends use a mirror. No mirror? well just try not to get too caught up in all the excitement.

[​IMG]

Buy 2 really cheap bottles of red wine. The first might not go down so well but by the time you reach the second you could be drinking the finest claret for all you know. The hangover might mean you can't war for the rest of the weekend however, but you could always spend the money you saved on war on another couple of bottles of red w.........

[​IMG]

Cut your own hair. Buy a pair of scissors and get to it. Not only is it a cheap way to get your hair cut, it can also make you look a lot more presentable. How bad could it be right?

[​IMG]

So there you go, a few things to put your hard earned pocket money / wages keep you entertained for a few hours.

Or maybe spend a couple of quid on a couple of wars. You never know, you might just like it. If you win you could buy/receive/upgrade some decent equip. If you lose... well hey at least you gave battering the big blue monster a break for a couple of hours.

****** EDIT******

Great suggestion given by cheezeplz

"buy say call of duty for 60$ and play it for 12 months. Heck thats 5$ a month or 1.25$ a week or 18 cents a day or less than a cent an hr (.7440476 cents)."

Thats true but then you might end up like this!!

[​IMG]

2. That is a really unfortunate haircut. :lol:

3. This thread is so much win i dont know where to start lol

4. Wow. Mabye xtals are a pretty good way to spend money

5. Can someone translate the money i live in USA

6. Two-Buck Chuck :lol: good tasting wine for only $1.99

7. 5$ is 5$ in USA 

Great thread!

8. ultimately its upwards of $20 to participate partially in Rancor Wars to even get a little equipment. If you want to equate 1$ for an hr of entertainment then go buy say call of duty for 60$ and play it for 12 months. Heck thats 5$ a month or 1.25$ a week or 18 cents a day or less than a cent an hr (.7440476 cents). See when u look at it that way, it doesn't look THAT bad

9. Heck through in the DLC pass (50$) and xbox live membership (50$) (even tho im a sony fanboy) and boom 160$ a year which is 1.984127 cents an hr... So 2 cents for an hr of play or 5$ an hr of play.

10. Nice thread 

Definitely the opposite of what I was expecting, judging by the title.

11. Bump :shock:

12. The first picture is jayde n prophet on their quiet time while Yafi hump them into oblivion!!

13. lol, 5 bucks an hour is cheaper than the strip club!

14. 

15. If only there was a $5 and hour strip club, I would move in!

16. The women would probably be as ugly as at home, so actually should save 5 bucks, buy the cheap wine, mrs gruff always looks good after a few drinks

17. Bottle of hand lotion and some paper towels

18. Nicely put together thread