Beginner Wars

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Jensational, Oct 11, 2013.

1. My suggestion is to set up a system for beginner wars. This is primarily for clans that are newer, or may have been around for a while doing ebs and want to start doing wars.

The beginner wars could be ran on the same schedule as regular wars with a drop down menu at sign up for "beginner" or "experienced" with beginner clans being matched with other beginner clans & exp with exp.

Alternatively there could be a separate schedule, maybe a shorter schedule, for beginner wars during the week for the duration of war seasons.

This would allow clans that are new to waring or generally have inexperienced players to practice and train for wars against similarly experienced clans without just getting slaughtered and giving up altogether.

Ways that beginner wars should be different are:

*No rancor or estoc edge in beginner wars
    *Winners get reduced mith, maybe 50% less or even 80% less so that there is virtually no incentive for experienced clans to engage in beginner wars in an attempt to exploit beginners. Maybe just let both clans play vp at the end and don't drop any mith for beginner wars.
    *Do not alter clan prestige based on beginner war results.
    *Designate which wars were beginner wars in clan history.

Right now when new war clans start up, or when eb clans try to grow into a clan that wars, the lack of experience gets them stacks of defeats in spite of the matching system, and they generally give up, and no one wants to join a clan with a record like that either, so they quickly die off, or go back to ebs. Practice would allow clans the ability to build their skills and strategies, start winning beginner wars, and work their way to being ready for waring with experienced clans.

Everyone please let me know if you like or dislike this idea, or have anything to add. Thanks :)

2. I would enjoy this idea.

Right now, sure i'm looking for gold, but I dont want to spend a lot of that gold on mith. Also, I really need war experience.

3. Agree with this idea 100%

4. Plus, most of the good war clans want war experience to even let new players in, which is daunting for someone new at wars. If an individual player gets some exp even in beginner wars, then if they apply to bigger war clans down the track, the war records will show number of successful actions, ko's, etc which will help existing clans with recruiting as well as help new warriors and new to war clans.

5. As another possibility, design a system war challenge type (Currently what, Skirmish, war, battle?) that is identical to an Estoc in style. That way you can get new players exp. without needing a new pairing system or sacrificing exp. in the real thing.

6. Nice way to fix exploits. I support

7. Whoops sorry. I didnt mean to support. Its againt this rules. I meant to say i like this idea alot in the way it prevents exploits lol

8. All good DotNet, lol.

@Sholron, yeah I was thinking estoc style, so however they could make that work either as part of the current war system or a seperate smaller system would be great.