๐Ÿ”’ 2-Factor Authentication! ๐Ÿ”’

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATA-Beans, Jun 21, 2023.

1. ๐Ÿ”’Two-Factor Authentication!๐Ÿ”’

UPDATED: July 11th, 2023

What is it?

We are introducing a new two-factor authentication system to help secure your accounts!

Why did you make it?

๐Ÿ”’ Improved account security!
    โœ๏ธ Extra protection against password sharing
    ๐Ÿ”จ Cut down on account selling and buying
    ๐Ÿค– Another win in the fight against bot accounts
    Overall, you can expect more security measures against evil-doers and ne'er-do-wells!

How does it work?
    ๐Ÿ‘‰ If you're logging into, setting up, or changing a new ATA ID, a verification code will be sent to your e-mail address. You will need to enter this code into the KaW app to fully set up your new ATA ID!
    ๐Ÿ‘‰ If you're using a new device or the ATA ID has been changed, you will need to enter a verification code that is sent to the ATA ID email before you can access the account again. This will prove that you're the correct owner!

When will it be live?

The rollout will be begin July 11th, 2023 for android players. So please keep your eyes out for an app update and make sure you have updated your ATA ID to something you can access via email

WE ARE BEGINNING TO ROLLOUT 2FA TO ANDROID USERS.

How can I set this up?

Here are the new 'New Account' and 'Log In' screens! You can enter your ATA ID and password like normal or create a new one!

[​IMG]

Once you've put in your ATA ID and password, a verification code will be sent directly to your e-mail! When you receive that verification code, this is the screen you'll need to put it into!

[​IMG]

Why is my verification code not working?

If you put in the wrong verification code too many times, you will need to contact our team to help!
    [​IMG]
    Your verification code also expires after 5 minutes so be ready for it! If the code expires, you will need to request a new one.

FAQ

Why are you doing this?
    Increased security measures! Two-factor authentication provides improved account security for all of our players, and it's easy!

Why is this not showing on my account yet?

We're doing a gradual rollout to make sure there are no unwelcome bugs or issues! If you aren't seeing it yet, it should be active for you in the next few days.

You should really only be seeing this if you're creating a new account, logging back into an existing account, or setting a new ATA ID!

Note: This 2FA system will remember the device you log into for 30 days!

During that time, you will not need to send a verification code if you're logging into the same device.

What do I do if I lose access to my email/I used a fake email?

Send our team a message through the Help section using the Recover Account menu option! We can help get you sorted. :)

I used the same email multiple times! Will this affect me?
    You can use the same email 5 times!
    For those of you that didn't know, most emails (Gmail most importantly) support the use of adding a '+' to your email. This creates a second email, but uses the same inbox!

Example:

community@athinkingape.com
    community+account1@athinkingape.com
    community+account2@athinkingape.com

All those emails are unique, but will use the same community@athinkingape.com inbox.
    If you do this, these different emails can be used to verify your account with 2-factor authentication. Remember though, a max of 5!

How many times do I have to do this!?
    Once every 30 days on LOGIN! Our system will remember the device that you logged in with so you won't need to send a new code every time you log in.

If I make changes to my ATA ID in KaW, will this affect the one I have registered in PIMD/KoH/Single City/Witch Arcana?

Yes, this will effectively change ALL of them to your new ATA ID.

What if I put in the incorrect code and I end up getting locked out!?

We can help with that too! Message us through a Help ticket.

If I use Facebook or Apple ID, will this impact me in any way!?
    No. You will still be able to login via those methods.

I have a question that isn't covered here!

I'm sorry, okay?! Send us a message with any other questions you might have and we'll speak with you further from there!

#1 ATA-Beans, Jun 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
  2. Everytime logging in this has to be done ?
    This isn't a win for players....

3. 2fa can help prevent hacks/stolen accounts.

sharing and selling: people will share emails and code if needed to share and sell.

dedicated end users are going to get screwed time wise waiting for email with 2fa to switch between 5 accounts unless you come up with a way to recognize suspicious login from an unknown device or add something to game that allows fast switching of accounts.

you shouldnโ€™t solve 1 problem where an end user if careful shouldnโ€™t get hacked while creating another where you make it more cumbersome for your end user. Yet, not solving the sharing and selling of accounts.

in the end the end user is screwed.

4. As an add on. It should be easy to recognize if the device is new that the account is being logged into. If itโ€™s new then itโ€™s suspicious and that could be when 2fa is requested. New device used or if someone wants to change account info. At that point a phone number/email could be used and as last resort go back to old method.

5. I also had now clue about account name + text @gmail.com trick. Holy hell ๐Ÿ˜‚

6. Will a code be needed between devices already linked?

Reine_de_la_mort and hippy like this.
  7. Also, many of these companies deleted email accounts that were once active and no longer active. Taking a lot of time to get them onto active emails. Do we have time or we just going to get locked out?

Reine_de_la_mort and Joker like this.
  8. In approximately 2 weeks time around 60% of active accounts irrelevant if an alt or whatever will no longer be active and growing! They will not be hopping to save clans ebs, they will not be increasing their stats! They will simply be dead accounts! Check your allie list and ensure your not holding a massive alt allie, again the devs give something we don't want and certainly don't need, can they fix wars? No, can they give us decent events? No, they can't even spend tbr time to give us asw yet they certainly have time to put out stuff that no one wants! If ever there was a time to quit kaw is about now I think

9. They could have made 2fa optional and explain what happens if there isnโ€™t enough time to get all ATA accounts on active emails. Thatโ€™s at the least. I know people who are still waiting on approvals.

10. Anyone know how to fix a ticket if an error is made?

11. Just had our first clan member quit Kaw - single account, active daily, but not English primary language and canโ€™t figure out how to transfer account to an active email account.

One account, no big - but from what I am hearing from folks โ€ฆ this isnโ€™t going to be good for the game.

12. It will start as a trickle and then a flood of players who are not able or can't be bothered to look for old e mail accounts they will quit or as it comes into force will just stop playing! Kaw is 12 years old, a long time in terms of people changing e mails and so on

13. Start the rollout with the event leaderboards and the top 100 kingdom LBs.

Reine_de_la_mort and J0YB0Y like this.
  14. What the devs are saying is you must have a valid email account and active and be able to use it I'm sure this is to get rid of duplicate accounts aka bots if your email is valid you have nothing to worry about but if you are using an app that makes duplicates cate accounts they will catch them and stop them from working I hope this helps peace out all and good luck

15. The devโ€™s are making it fairly easy to update to active emails. I had a lot that providers flat out deleted and no way to get them active. But so far the devโ€™s have been doing good at getting new emails on active accounts.

also that + thing for gmail and outlook accounts is wonderful.

16. Well this just means my alts I have put so much love and work into are killed off. I ain't doing the verification bs on every accoung for every unload. I hate it here.

17. And here is the crux of the issue, this player has a few alts he unloads and stays active on, helping kaw stay active and encouraging new players who see active accounts and not dead ones which we will surely see in a few weeks, again kaw takes a pile driver to smash a nut! rather than looking at the real issues kaw has, scratching a sore while the leg festers helps no one

18. I am not sure how many alts people have but I have a few. The developers are making it pretty relatively easy to get accounts moved to active emails. In the end it does benefit you and what you built.

Again like with most things I wish it was an option for older accounts and all new accounts it was a requirement to have 2fa.

I know the developers take things away and seem to not add to the gameplay or advancement of the game. They have a dedicated following and bringing in new updates could keep a good thing going longer. 3D animation of your character with the actual equipment on, wars where each slot has a max cs in it in which the war commander slots players in each position. This could require a minimum of x number of Hansels, ps and troop builds along with a max amount of y allies, z charms/equipment. More prep time but could bring back an aspect in the game from the first eeโ€™s in which the war commanders knowledge greatly influenced the war.

I know the developers are unlikely to read this but I am an optimist. Kaw helped me through tough times early on, then through a pandemic.

Iโ€™ve played other games but kaw always seemed the easiest to play and build on my own time.

Don't let 2fa deter you. It literally takes 2-3 min to get your account on an active email and if you use outlook or gmail and use + thing you can convert 5 accounts with 1 email.

-winger- and DB-NYKO-4D like this.
  19. I spend like 15 min every ~2h unloading all of them. Having to log in->log in to email -> enter code in the app for every unload will at least double that if not more. No shot I am doing that. ๐Ÿ‘Ž All have ~500k+ battle wins (manually, not botting like this "update" is supposed to prevent๐Ÿ™„) and get shafted just like that

MM--CONTROL--MM, Cannabis and NKR like this.