The Lost Race

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CoS-Earth, Nov 30, 2010.

1. ~PROLOGUE~
    There wasn't much I could figure out, but I found out pretty quickly what I needed to hear; the news that would change my life. The king was dead, and the royal guard, the senate, and ninety-nine percent of the rest of my race. All gone, every last one. There had been a massive war going on, between my people and the evil Abastorians. The Abastorians are a race of cold-blooded murderers, a race of trolls with hearts of liquid magma. They have terrorized our people for countless years, but we had held them off; until now. They had organized a massive strike on our last stronghold. Almost everyone died. I barely escaped, and I wouldn't have had it not been for my men, my helper, and my Grey Roc, a powerful bird the size of 3 horses, with a great wingspan and a head that is a hollow skull with forward facing horns filled with a swirling darkness. They sound scary, but the few remaining Rocs have paired up with my race. We are the Hyronations, a human like people with an ancestral tie to the planet. We can gain power from nature, and that is our greatest talent. I am now in hiding. In a place that my small party can rest...
    -Static- robotic voice says "End of audio recording, press play for playback." 
    "Why did you make that?" says Young,  my helper.
    "So if any Hyronations find it, they know that they aren't alone. And if any Abastorians find it, they'll know that we're coming for them." I reply boldly.

2. This book will be terrible

3. It's my first, if you don't like it at all. Don't read it, and please leave all comments in the feedback thread.

4. Chapter 1- The Resistance.

It's 4:00 in the morning and I just woke up to a strangely familiar scraping sound outside my group of 5's tiny bunker. I recognize what the sound is; swords. Somebody is scraping the end of them on the ground. I wake up Young, my trusted helper, my Roc, who I named Pulse after the incredible sound and force of his wings flapping, and my two remaining soldiers, Cheese and Shadow. Cheese is a quick fighter who carries two short swords and a high powered crossbow with poisoned rounds. Shadow is one of the few girls in the army, she is a swift assassin who can do magic with a long dagger, and a set of armor that blends in with it's surroundings.  Now, I'll tell you a little more about me. I'm a general for the army of the Hyronations. I wear a sturdy suit of armor with a feather coming off of the top. I carry a massive sword with a large round shield at it's hilt, so I can swiftly protect myself even while swinging it. My soldiers are strong and trustworthy, and if I die, I hope it is while I am fighting alongside them... -BANG-  the makeshift door we built busts open, and to my surprise, 20 soldiers from various regimes of my army walk in. They seem to be lead by a rough looking soldier, a few ranks lower than me. He stammers at the sight of me,
    "G-g-general Earth, sir. I relinquish the command of these fine troops to you." 
    "Yhank you. Soldier, what is your name?" I reply.
    "people call me Lovack." 
    "Well Lovack, glad to have you guys here. Do you have any news of others out there?"
    "Yeah, there's a hundred or so low rank soldiers all hiding out in an abandoned fort fifty miles away from here. There aren't any soldiers anywhere close to your rank, so you'll be the rightful leader." 
    "Well then, let's go start a resistance, so we can kill those horrible swine."
    So we get packed, and we all head off to the fort in the woods

5. Chapter 2- Ambush, and Haven.

We are making our way through the woods when a peculiar noise peirces the air. It's a war cry; a small squad of Abastorians using Guerilla war tactics burst from the undergrowth. I pull out my sword, Gaea's Thorn, and completely split one of those vermin in half. I hear a blood curdling cry behind me, but it's too late, and I know it is the end. Just as I thank Mother Earth for my life, I feel a gust of wind, and turn around to see that Pulse had saved my life. He had uprooted a small tree, and crushed an Abastorian soldier that had gotten behind me. I grab onto his talon, and hoist myself on top of his back. I command him to breath his black fire onto the attacking enemies, and before you could say a word, half of the guerilla ambush squad lay in a pile of burning ashes. When I look back down I can easily see the results of our battle, 3 of Lovack's men are dead, and cheese has a large gash on his shoulder. Nothing fatal, but if we don't hurry the rest of the way to the fort, it could be. We make it the rest of the way to the fort, which I am told is called Haven. Due to the fact that it is the last place Hyronations are safe. As we arrive, Pulse lands on the ground; and as I hop off, the men in Haven all gather around to look at the black Beauty that is my Roc, and to praise their new commanding General. I am told that the people here want to let my group rest, and due to our journey, I'm glad we have the chance to eat a hardy meal, and get some sleep. I can now see why this beautiful fort is called Haven, the fort is going to be the last hope for our race, but I hope it's enough.