How To Transfer

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Bronchitis, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Ok I'm not getting this. How do u transfer? U volley over 55 times then what? U drop then hire and crap? Idk what to do. Help thx 

2. First you need the castle code.

3. You volley a random ally then the player who is transferring the gold drops the ally. If you do over 55 hires you get 99% efficiency nyn wrote a detailed guide somewhere on it, ask him to bump it/explain the concept

4. So does the other person hire back or what? I don't get it! Lol

5. So you volley anyone, any price.both players must hire 55 times each or more. Persontransfering away keeps anddrops the ally. Continue volleying (55 hres each) ad the giver keeps and drops till he's at 0 gold. Reciever ends up with 99% of the givers gold

6. The forums crashed the first time I tried to answer this, but I'll try again...

Cow stated it pretty well, but I'll go ahead and elaborate.

You have a giver and a receiver. The receiver buys a cheap ally (price varries based on how much you want to transfer and how long you want to spend doing it - though starting lower equates to less money lost in the transfer).

The giver buys the ally off the receiver. The two then rehire off each other, effectively "volleying" the ally between them until the ally reaches the desired price.

The giver then keeps the ally (typically you drop when you're done, but some ppl look for actives & try to keep... personally I find this a waste of time).

Example: Reciever buys a 100m ally. Giver & receiver volley that ally ~48 times so that the ally hire price is ~1bil. Giver keeps & drops the ally. The receiver now has ~150m more than he had before. The giver loses ~167m, effectively "transferring" 150m for a "transfer fee" of 17m.

You can run a predictive model on a spreadsheet to come up with approximate values & costs based on the ally value. Basically 100m to ~7bil will transfer 1bil, going to ~13bil will transfer 2bil, going to ~20bil will transfer 3bil and on and on...

**I see Raeki snuck in there while I was rewriting my post. I must add that # of hires doesn't mean anything. It just depends on starting and ending price. Also, you need to do multiple transfers if you want to transfer 99% of your money as Raeki suggested... it's not possible to do this in a single transfer.

7. So it's almost like a glitch?

8. No it is not like a glitch; its part of the gane. When someone is hired, you make a little gold. When someone hires from you a ton, you make more gold. Thats the ally market; for example most of the lbers money comes from that.

9. I dont get this idc though

10. Good grief man - do u expect us to draw u a picture?!?

11. Nyn and raeki already explained very clearly. I didn't really understand this too when I first read it in nyn's thread. But try it out for yrself and u will see it works. So long as the giver and receiver both volley any ally over 55 times, 99% of gold will be transferred. It will be better if u tell ppl what u dun understand. 

12. So anything above 55 doesn't make a difference? Now it makes sense to me why there are a lot of 16BILLs owned by the very famous player NOBODY LOL Thanks guys.

13. I find myself in the very uncommon position of disagreeing with nyn!

Yes it is possible to get over 99% efficiency in a single transfer (must go at least 55 rounds) and yes the number of hires means *everything* when determining the efficiency of cash transfer.

The good guideline is, if you want over 99% efficient transfer (i.e. you're destroying less than 1% of your cash in the process) all you have to do is choose the initial hire price of the ally you're volleying to be 1/222 times however much cash the poorer of your two volley partners has on hand. As long as you do that, and take the volley as far as possible, you'll achieve efficiency of transfer over 99%.

It's not that you can transfer 99% of your money, it's that you get a 99% efficient transfer. There's really no way to ever transfer all of your money, and to try it would mean volleying hundreds of different allies, and nobody wants to spend days doing that.

14. Not true! The farther beyond 55 rounds you go, the higher the efficiency gets. 55 rounds is like 99.05% efficient or something, 75 rounds is like 99.7%, 99 rounds is like 99.9%, I forget the exact numbers and don't have my app handy (the one that has a Volley Simulator programmed into it) to get you the precise numbers, but in a nutshell, less than 55 rounds means less than 99% efficient transfer. More than 55 rounds means even better transfer, 99.3%, 99.5%, 99.7%, etc.

15. I wasn't getting that raeki was referring to efficiency - he seemed to imply u could transfer 99% of ur $ with 55 hires - obviously not possible.

I still think this nonsense about 55 hires is inflated. When transferring low amounts of $ it's silly to volley a bunch just to save a few pennies - waste of time. Starting price is a big factor. Blackwolf says he starts at 50m minimum no matter what. If I'm transferring 1b or more, I start at 100-200m bc the difference in cost can be recovered in a few hits.

In the end, the point is to consolidate your transfers to minimize cost. Alternating allies when volleying helps with this immensely.