Horizontal Progression Needed.

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by VaIarMorghulis, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Hear me out- I’ve Played KaW on and off for the last 11+ years.

However, i’ve also been an avid PC gamer. I’ve played a lot of MMORPGS in my youth.

From Eve Online to Guild Wars 2 to all the other failed MMOs after them- very few had a good balance between Vertical Progression and Horizontal Progression.

I would consider KaW to be a mobile MMO if I had to fit it into a gaming category.

Definitions:

•Vertical Progression: Progression that increases raw character/account power or strength with little diversity or counter play options available.

•Example(s):

•Kingdoms at War is only Vertical progression focused. Everything you build, do , or earn is focused around 4 stats.
    The scaling has become overwhelming for new players, and repetitive or boring for old players.

•World of Warcraft is mostly vertical progression focused. You reach max character level, and then you build more onto the same stats or role. Expansions drop (similar to land expansion for KaW, and you have to level up again verically).

•Horizontal Progression: Progression that adds new game mechanics, new abilities, functionalities, and diversity to the way the game can be played. This system ecourages counterplay, requires more creativity, and keeps the game interesting and fun.

•Example(s):

•Guild Wars 2: Once you level your character to level 80- you never have to level again and you are on an even playing with all other players in terms of statistic power/strength.

Expansions are horizontal in to guild wars 2 in that they each add new trait lines for players to use for their characters that unlocks new abilities and builds.

WHERE IM GOING WITH IT ALL?

KaW desperately needs some horizontal progression. After 11 years of building 4 stats, and releasing new lands, and new content that only build up the same 4 stats; it’s time for some horizontal progression in KaW.

I open this thread up to discussion of Horizontal Progression ideas so we as a community can come together to give the developers some help thinking outside of the box…hopefully they see this and this thread is productive.

Expectations:

•Realistic Ideas: Ideas and concepts that can actually be implemented in the current game’s dinosaur of an engine (if it even runs on one).

There have been a lot of bad past ideas surrounding progression destruction. For example: PvP has the chance to destroy another player’s buildings/stats. That is not realistic.

Here are a few of my ideas:

•More Diverse Building Stats:
    -Add spy attack heavy buildings
    -Add Spy defense heavy buildings (that don’t function as towers).

•New Buildings with different PvP functions:

-Buildings that increase your chances at succeeding over towered builds (both spy attack and troop attack focused and balanced).
    The attack and spy attack version of this building increase your chance of winning verse towered builds by 1% each with a maximum of 10 being able to be built per new and old lands.

-Buildings that decrease the amount of troops lost on successful attack, steal, scout, or assassination actions. These buildings would be spy attack and attack stat heavy. They could decrease the percent of troops and spies lost on fail by 5% each with a maximum of 5-10 being able to be built per new and old lands.

-Buildings that decrease the amount of troops lost on failed incoming spy or attack actions. These buildings would be spy defense, defense heavy, or even balanced stat focused. They could decrease the amount of troops and spies lost by 5% per incoming failed action.

-Buildings that increase the amount of enemy troops lost per incoming failed troop or spy action by 3%. These buildings would be defense, spy defense, and/or balance stat focused and you can build a up to 10 of them on new and old lands.

Note:

These buildings would still provide the same plunder and total stats as regular buildings, they would just have unique functionalities for PvP, as well as more diverse stats.

Keep in mind I meant for each of these suggested different building types to still keep spy attack/def and attack/defense stats separate. Just mix it up a bit with new functionalities to provide diversity and some horizontal scaling.

•There could also be new pots and spells we can cast that could be introduced with similar functionalities. As well as equipement/charms/furns.

2. A good idea, but overly far to much for the Devs to implement! If they can't change the tyres please please don't let them near the engine!

3. Like a troop first aid post?

4. I mean- it’s up to them to come up with the names but that would be… somewhat ideal? As long as it sticks with the theme of the land lmao