๐ŸŽŠ Happy KAWโ€™ildays ๐ŸŽŠ - Community Submissions Event

Discussion in 'Activities' started by [ATA]Virgo, Dec 22, 2021.

1. [​IMG]

Season's greetings, Warriors! The holiday season will soon come to a close and what we want to know is...
    WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT THE WINTER HOLIDAYS!?

The Event

"But Virgo, what exactly do you want to see?"
    Well, am I glad you asked!

Share what you have been up to for the holidays, or any winter holidays-themed memorable stories / pictures / recipes!
    A few ideas would be:
    - Ugly sweaters (Human or pets)
    - Baked goods / feasts
    - Decorations
    - Drawings

You will be entered into a random prize draw for participating. 5 prizes will be up for grabs!
    This event is opened to ALL players.

SUBMISSION PERIOD
    Thursday, December 23rd, 2021 to Sunday, January 2nd, 2022 (Noon PST)

WINNERS ANNOUNCED
    Tuesday, January 4th, 2022 (PST)

Prizes

2 players will be randomly picked to receive 1 KAW's Coffer
    3 players will be randomly picked to receive 1 Aurafrost Palace Chest

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL. There will also be some hidden categories (e.g. "Best ____"), so who knows what might win! For all of these categories though, you can expect the rewards to be (1) KAWโ€™s Coffer + (1) Aurafrost Palace Chest. There may even be a surprise or two.

The Rules

1. You can submit as many entries as youโ€™d like, but they will not increase your chances of winning one of the Random Prizes (i.e. your name will only be entered ONCE). If you win one of the Random Prizes, you cannot win a second time.
    2. Please submit all entries in this thread!
    3. If submitting artwork/pictures/recipes/stories and they do not belong to you/are not your own creations, please make this clear. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
    4. Use your best judgement and keep it PG - anything found to be too inappropriate (e.g. hateful, discriminatory, etc) will be subject to disqualification or removal.
    5. Be nice to people and respect their entries! We're here to have fun.

Posting to the Forum

Finally, if you want to post your own picture but you're not sure how, here are some quick steps!
    โœฉ Download Imgur.
    โœฉ Pick your file to post.
    โœฉ Hold down onto the file until a bar pops up.
    โœฉ Press the Copy Post Link button.
    โœฉ Press the landscape button.
    โœฉ Paste your link and press โ€œInsertโ€.

GodofTerror and Dave like this.
  2. Happy holidays from my Kaw Kitty, beware the klaws! We have been kawstuming up for Christmas ๐ŸŽ„

Attached Files:

3. Hi KaWmmunity!
    No fancy stories at this time. Just want to say I genuinely hope you all have a fantastic holiday season!

have fun and take care yโ€™all!

4. Emma Passed Away on the start of December. Every Christmas with Emma and our kids was Magical.

Our favorite event is/was Christmas.

We love the Magic, we love the look of the joy on our children's face.

But most of all we loved being together.

In loving memory of Emma.

Ps I don't wanna win.

Merry Christmas ladies and gentlemen.
    Treasure those close and don't let them Fall.

#4 Dave, Dec 24, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  5. This is not your usual Christmas story. I heard it from a friend I met on Kaw when I just started playing.

In Russia the days at the end of the year are considered to be troubled. Especially the two weeks between Christmas and Theophany (or Jesus baptism). The veil between the world of the living and the other side is thin at this time, restless spirits are wandering the world and evil is afoot searching for Christian souls to snatch. This is the time when young girls and women would tell fortunes like pour hot wax into a bowl of water or listen at the cross roads at midnight. The fortune told on Christmas eve was considered to be the most accurate and would come true for sure.

I mentioned once to my friend that it would be fun to tell fortune like that and she told me "Whatever you do, don't use the mirrors". In a mirror fortune telling, you stand with your back to the big mirror, light up two candles in front of you and hold a smaller mirror in your hand looking through it behind your back. You pretty much look into the hallway created by the two mirrors and call out "Promised one, come to dine with me". In theory a girl would see her future husband. My friend sounded adamant about it so I got curious and she told me this story.

Her mother (let's call her Olga) lived in Russia in the 80's. Her fiance was drafted into the army and sent to Afganistan but was supposed to come home soon. She was growing impatient waiting for him, so on Christmas eve she decided to tell the fortune and find out when her fiance is going to be back. Her grandma had passed away but she had an old house in a nearby village so Olga went there the day before Christmas. When it got dark she went into the shed, set up the mirrors and the candles and called out "Promised one, promised one, show up and tell me when you are coming home". For awhile nothing was happenning and Olga started to get bored, then she saw some movement in the mirror and it seemed like a blurred figure of her fiance. His face was pale and seemed like he whispered "Soon..."

Olga got excited, she put mirrors down and went into the house for the night. She was deep asleep when she heard a neighbor's dog violently barking, then howling and abruptly going quiet. She got worried and was laying in bed wide awake.

Then there was a knock at the door. Olga got up and came to the door. "Who is it?" she asked. "It's me, Misha", said the voice of her fiance. She got excited and was about to open the door. Next to the door was a window. "She did not know what made her look out the window," said my friend, "but it is probably what saved her."

There was a figure of her fiance by the door, he was in his army uniform, pale and kind of hiding his face a bit but she was sure it was him. It snowed and she saw his footprints in the snow... they lead not from the gate but from the shed where she was doing the fortune telling. The other thing that got her attention was the shape of the footprints, not like those from shoes but kind of like from hoofs. Her fiance looked behind him trying to find out what she was staring at and saw his footprints... he slowly turned around. He was smiling at her but it was blood chilling smile.

Olga jumped away from the window and ran into the middle of the room. Her fiance was banging adainst the door, yelling to let him in. She grabbed her grandma's icon, poured salt in a circle on the floor, stood in it and started praying. When the door broke she was so scared she closed her eyes and just continued to pray. She felt the cold, heard the foot steps around the circle. Her fiance kept asking her to open eyes and look at him, to come out of the circle. He was pleading one minute then snapping and yelling at her the next. Everything stopped when the roosters crowed. Suddenly everything went quiet in the house. When she opened her eyes, she was alone and the door to the house layed broken. Olga immediately left the village and went to her city appartment. Her mother met her in tears. Apparently the news came that her fiance was killed in action in Afganistan two weeks before her fortune telling....

So this Christmas I wish everybody to stay safe.

6. Loverly story. Stay safe lili and Merry Christmas.

Simone, _ghostflame_ and GodofTerror like this.
  7. [​IMG] We are tropical country which we only have dry season and wet season, but we do appreciate our aka "winter season" of the month of December , the coolest month December - January which we celebrate the Holidays seasons๐Ÿ’œ We have a tradition to complete days of these mean goin to church, is a devotional 9 days of masses that attended by us .Also called: Misa de Aguinaldo; Misa de Gallo (for the last Mass , We believe that if we completed our Misa de gallo our wish will be come true this is 4:30am or we mostly wear red too for symbol of lucky and more blessing to come, we did our exchanging gifts ,potluck for foods and raffle too! We sing karaoke and dance too! we make noises to go away bad spirits bad luck, we also have gathering for drinks with family and friends, during this holidays we attended Christmas Party too on different groups, we also baked cookies, banana loaf bread with chocolate chunk freshly baked in our oven, and other sugary foods, like cinnamon rolls, custard flan (leche flan) a very popular desert during christmas, we also prepare ampao (the red envelope) where we put money inside of the ampao for the godchild- these are the children u are assigned as their Godparents ,during Baptism, but this is optional, you can can give them toys too, or whatever they wish to have during christmas season, its the thought that counts anyways, so my kaw'lidays i made this special and we usually have during christmas,fresh from our oven!in oUr new year we have a tradition to put rice (not cooked) in bowl with money on it, coins or the paper money symbol of prosperity and to attract goodluck, and 12 different kinds of circle fruits in a basket! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year kawmunity!

Hannah Wanda๐Ÿ˜†

#7 empire_foxygirl, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  8. Mines not nearly as exciting as anyone else, but I thought I'd share anyways... The best part of my Christmas this year was visiting my grandparents. They're 86 and 94 and one of the things my grandpa always looks forward to is my dog coming over for visits. I usually get Christmas cards or whatever for my family we don't generally do gift giving, but the way his face lights up the instant he sees her is honestly the most precious experience I could ask for any Christmas morning. This year was different for me, my grandma has been handing down sentimental items that she's had her whole life, I know as she and my grandpa are getting older the fact that she may not have another Christmas with us weighs on her mind. This year I was the only of my siblings to visit. This year when she picked up my Christmas card, she read it and set it down next to her and just stared at it and smiled. I know people normally keep moments like this for themselves, but I wanted to share it as a reminder others who might be struggling to see their family this year, who might be going another holiday season with guilt or shame keeping them away from home... The best gift you could possibly give them is to show up and thank them for one important thing they've done for you in your life. No matter what it is, I promise you that in that moment, there will be nothing more important than that one tiny moment.

9. love it ๐Ÿ˜€

GodofTerror likes this.
  10. Amazing ๐Ÿฅฒ

11. That sounds very dedicated, and devote,
    I think its important to carry on traditions.

GodofTerror likes this.
  12. #7 titillates my tongue bumps

GodofTerror likes this.
  13. Yoo I did only playing this game soo... No pic regarding this hahahahaha Or we say hohohoho like Santa ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ

GodofTerror likes this.
  14. Marry Christmas to everyone even Dev's too for making this game so everyone can enjoy it . Many are quitting this game but also many new people joining tooo so their always we 2 way of thinking .....always choose positive things in your life . people' will try to destry other cause they can't see other sucess .so dont let them destroy you cause u guys are also not less then stars ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚.....happy new year in advance all ur wishes come true and get more sucess with ur loved ones ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

LL_GODOFWAR likes this.
  15. No story for me either but I am sure when the new year kicks off will have something more to post. I really enjoy this game its always here no matter when I wake up. Happy Holidays to each and everyone whom reads this.

_ghostflame_ likes this.
  16. Greeting from Minnesota USA

17. 69576E3E-FC42-4286-8E4D-B85D9C6B79C9.jpeg
    Some say my realism is likeable to that of Johannes Vermeer ๐Ÿ˜

18. [​IMG]

Thank you for participating, and for sharing your lovely entries with us!
    We hope you all had a great holiday season, with many more to come! โค๏ธ
    Without further ado...

1 KAW's Coffers

2 players will be randomly picked to receive 1 KAW's Coffer

Congratulations to:
    MS
    One-BaDaSs_PaiN-In_Ur-AsS_LiLi

1 Aurafrost Palace Chest

3 players will be randomly picked to receive 1 Aurafrost Palace Chest

Congratulations to:
    nOwObs
    empire_foxygirl
    XantheTerra

Hidden Category: Our Favourite Entry

A purrfectly warm kawstume. How clawsome is that!? ๐Ÿฑ
    Congratulations to XantheTerra!
    - (1) KAW's Coffer + (1) Aurafrost Palace Chest

Last but not least...

A little something for all you participants to wear around your name for 7 days: ๐ŸŽŠ

[​IMG]

Thrawn and RenamedMS like this.
  19. Congratulations winners