Rent a LB - How to Monetize wars and increase participation

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by -hippy-, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Right now the general sentiment of ee wars is that feel neglected by the devs, even with the yearly asw. I think there are a lot of factors at play, mostly low participation and general lack of monetization of wars. There's secondary monetization with folks like myself growing so they can do better in ee, but with so many xtals given out for free, there's no direct way wars bring income

I have an idea that should help address both. I'm calling it Rent a LB for now but it will need a better name.

I was thinking about why I like lowland wars so much and it's because of how easy it is to get into and mess around with your build (changing entire lowland build is under 1t in gold). You don't have to invest a ton of time making the perfect war account and you can take any criticism on your build constructively by spending a small amount of gold to change it for next war.

Unfortunately, it is (in my opinion) the hardest type of war to command and perform optimally in. Every war is quite different because of changing builds and there isn't any sense of "lb players" who can wreak havoc, making lowland a lot more strategic, which isn't as fun as individual wars where gaps between players are huge and wars are extremely explosive.

I think we can combine the low barrier of entry and the explosiveness of individual wars with the ability to "rent" a build for individual wars for nobs. I'm thinking of having a range of accounts, smaller accounts being cheaper to rent and larger accounts being quite costly (I'm thinking 10-100 nob range) with the possibility of players allowing their accounts to be "rented" for a small reward (1 chime per 10 rents, emojis, etc)

I personally would find this a lot of fun and use this as an opportunity to test new builds and strategies, while informing my decision on how to change up my build for the future. I think it can let smaller accounts have a taste of what it's like to be big, more eb focused accounts have a taste of what a war build feels like, and provide something new and interesting to wars. I think the nob cost will be enough of a barrier to discourage folks who cast just to throw wars, as being an inactive leaderboard account is absolutely devastating to your team.

I don't think this will tip the scales of wars too much as matchmaking can proceed as normal and is generally relatively fair as long as enough folks cast, and builds can be nerfed or buffed as needed.

Let me know what you all think - with enough luck devs can start to implement this

First thoughts for what accounts should be available to rent, ideally they can rotate and players can offer their own builds to "rent" if they perform sufficiently well in wars (55% + win rate)

Format: Troop atk / Troop def / spy atk / spy def, all numbers in billions

Big LB accounts (100 nobs)

Battle Hansel

Furn: 207% all maxed out

CS: 1/1/14/14

BFA: 200/200/100/100

Charms: 500/500/500/500

Hybrid

CS: 7.5/7.5/7.5/7.5 (towerless)

BFA: 150/150/150/150

Tank

CS: 10/12/1/7 (2b adt, 6b sdt)

BFA: 200/200/50/150

Small LB accounts (10 nobs)

Battle Hansel

Furn: 100% bonus

CS: 1/1/10/10

BFA: 100/100/50/50

Charms: 400/300/200/200

Hybrid

CS: 6/6/6/6

BFA: 75/75/75/75

Charms: 300/300/300/300

Tank

CS: 7/9/1/5

BFA: 100/100/50/50

Charms: 400/300/200/200

#1 -hippy-, Dec 16, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    What, Cheddar-Bay_Biscuits and Thrawn like this.
  2. I personally find this to be a wonderful idea. My only question would be if LB account were to rent out would there be a limit on how many people could rent one specific account? This would open up lots of options for people to experience T1 as a LB player without years of investment. A reasonable amount of charms/furn would have to be determined with the dummy rentable accounts as well, though. Regardless, I welcome this idea and would love to see this or something like this implemented.

Cheddar-Bay_Biscuits likes this.
  3. It might be a bit hard to decide who gets to rent an account if only a specific number are available - i think the best solution is to try and balance the accounts so that they all remain competitive. I do want them to be a bit stronger than average t1 folks so folks have an incentive to try them out, and not be scared of leaking.

It's also pretty hard to pilot a big account and you will need a few tries before you get the hang of things

4. The “small lb” accounts all have more charms than me. Not sure if I should laugh or cry 😭 😂

5. I support the hell outta this💜

6. Support