Become a better EE warrior #1 - Troop loss

Discussion in 'Wars' started by -hippy-, Aug 19, 2021.

1. So you’ve read Valkyl’s weekend warrior guide and you want to step up your game - you want to start to carry wars in spite of inactives or maybe you want to start the path to becoming the best wc in kaw. Well you’ve come to the right place

We start with the basics - attacks.

When you use an outgoing atk, each building loses a certain % of their troops, regardless of your actual troop count. There is a little bit of variation between most buildings but it’s mostly negligible. For most buildings, you can lose as few as 4% of your troops per atk, and as much as 12% depending on how strong your opponent is. The fact that troop loss is capped on the low and high end is very important. The lowest % you can lose from an atk is called “min loss” and the most % you can lose from an atk is called “max loss” - I’ll be using these terms quite a bit.

Your current troop atk generally has to be more than twice as strong as your opponent’s troop defense in order to get min loss atks

Your current troop atk generally has to be less than 30% of your opponent’s troop defense in order to get max loss atks

When I wc I often throw around the term “overwhelming atks”. For some context, the game spits out a message based on your troop atk and opponent’s troop def

if you are much stronger (80%+ chance to win atk), you will get the message “your overwhelming might crushed your enemy” on wins and “in the face of defeat, the enemy rallied….”

If you are close to even ish (20%-80% chance to win atk) you will get a message related to narrow margins on wins and something about your forces barely pushing the enemy forces back on losses

if you are much weaker you’ll get a message like: on the brink of defeat… on wins and “the enemy forces were much stronger and crushed your armies” on losses.

if you lose more troops than the enemy you will something about “you used more forces to secure your victory” - this is useless because you lose the same number of troops on wins and losses.

Note: there are certain buildings that people often refer as “gt” buildings. Some buildings lose much less than 4% per atk like the lvl 1 elven temple on hoarfrost lands. Min loss is 25/975 which is around 2.6%, and max loss is 75/975, which is around 7.7%. With most regular buildings at 4% troop loss you can expect to get around 25 or so min loss attacks in a full bar. With the lvl 1 elven temple, you can get up to 39 attacks in a full bar which is over 50% better than the 25 or so you get regularly - so these “gt” have massive potential - letting you get up to 50% more value out of your full bar.

Ok but what about your opponent’s troop loss?

If you lose the attack, the enemy will lose their 1.6% on most buildings and 1.0% on gt

If you win the atk, at minimum the enemy will lose 3.1% to 4% troops on most buildings, and 2.1 to 2.8% on gt

There are some interesting takeaways from this

On max loss outgoing atks, you lose 12% on most buildings and the enemy loses 1.6% on most buildings which is just under an 8:1 ratio. This means that 8 people with gt can force an enemy down regardless of size difference - think 8 statless alts with gt vs wease when hit ranges are off

This means that if your plunder potential is less than one of the enemies in your hit range, it’s efficient to dive them.

Generally when you skim a target of equal strength, you can expect to kill on avg 2.4% of their troops on most buildings per hit while losing 8%

Since we regen around 8% on most buildings per regen, this means you need 3+ skimmers on one enemy to keep pace with their regen and everyone else is extra credit.

This means that it’s very important to have lots of people skimming the same target. People going rouge and skimming different targets is more or less useless

If you can win min loss attacks, you kill just as many enemy troops as your own.

This has so many implications that I won’t get into it here.

Edit: Link to part 2:

https://forum.kingdomsatwar.com/threads/become-a-better-ee-warrior-2-spy-loss.187333/

#1 -hippy-, Aug 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    tr33, HTR, -_NaRCiSo_- and 5 others like this.
  2. Is EE Dead ?

3. Nope, not dead, just not a ton of people new to ee casting.

Sometimes people ask “is my build okay for ee?” My answer never changes. It’s always a YES! The simple fact is the top 2-3 accounts on Clan Roster have much more control over who wins the war, so having “soft” builds in the middle or bottom isn’t an immediate loss assuming they are going to be active and try to win; probably by diving troops at start and staying Zero Troops.

Also, if I end up with 2, 3, 4 or whatever soft builds on my team and get a loss, I will be happy to take the loss since it also means the ee field is getting bigger and some new blood. On average they will balance out among the teams and if they like ee, will eventually improve their build.

rice, HTR, -_NaRCiSo_- and 1 other person like this.
  4. great post, it’s very refreshing to see content like this on the forums. i find game mechanics really interesting, and you broke it down super well. i’d love to see you make more EE mechanic/strat threads!

HTR likes this.
  5. Excellent post. This is a great guide for people interested in ee wars.