The Heart of the Abyss

Discussion in 'Events' started by [ATA]Appa, Jun 10, 2020.

1. The Heart of the Abyss

Tremors shake the Abyss, shattering the sea floor! From the very depths of the ocean, an enormous tentacle heralds the arrival of a terrifying beast. Phosphorescent and pulsing with rage, the creature emerges from a chasm to fix your army with one of its gigantic eyes...

Aotromos, the fourth of the Sveruganti, has risen from the Abyss!

You must brave the undersea storms and battle this wrathful personification of the Abyss to reassert your dominance over these lands before all of its citizens are massacred and its cities destroyed!

This event consists of a primary Legend and an extra Legend available immediately, as well as a set of three side-Legends that will unlock the day after with 2000 collection items. These side-Legends will offer players a choice of Easy, Medium, or Hard. The rewards increase with each difficulty level, but so does the challenge. Players WILL be able to complete each level once the previous choice has been completed.

The number of collection items to complete the Main Legend, as well as the Medium and Hard side legends have been increased. Partially, this is a response to player feedback, but additionally we want to keep the later legend rewards somewhat exclusive.

This event will be available from Wednesday, June 10th until Wednesday, June 24th at noon PT.

Aotromos Approaches

Simultaneously, with the launch of The Heart of the Abyss, a new permanent Epic Battle is available. Aotromos of the Abyss challenges you for control of the depths!

[​IMG]
    Danger and wonder abound in the Abyss! Do you possess the strength and determination needed to surmount the most challenging Epic Battle to date!?

There is no cost to challenge Aotromos; any clan that has bested Neidria of the Hoarfrost has earned the right. Be warned, for Aotromos is orders of magnitude more powerful than any Epic Battle you have faced before.

Exclusive Furnishings

Furnishings exclusive to The Heart of the Abyss will be available in the Furnishings Shop, Abyssal Heart Box, and Royal Abyssal Heart Box.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ๐Ÿ‘€

3. Thanks Appa, looks fire

[ATA]Corvid likes this.
  4. Harder than old diabolical ebs even maybe? ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€

Also, sick anglerfish!

Kory likes this.
  5. I need dat

BoredSavan likes this.
  6. Saaaaame. Bet it'll be ๐Ÿ”ฅ with the previous set too

7. Definitely hard. Attack heavy. Without a solid amount of charms, Hansel will have problems winning attacks. Even with a 1b attack Hansel, starts losing around 20% bar.

errorcode234 likes this.
  8. Also assuming this can only mean new lands are right around the corner. Start saving up bios

errorcode234 likes this.
  9. Does any data miners / event rushers know what the new number of collection items are required now, and if side rewards (silver bars, crestplates, etc.) have been increased for meeting these new challenges? Medium and hard were already quite difficult to finish with high activity, so hoping we get some growth benefits for struggling through, even if we canโ€™t reach the new end non-LB equipment (or even what was the old 20k equipment, for my active free to play members).

Apporina likes this.
  10. AotA

Ph1: atk/assa all the way through

Ph2: atk/assa, then two simultaneous bars that are steal only and atk/assa

Ph3: atk/assa, then two simultaneous bars that are scout only and atk/assa

Ph4: item is electric sphere, then two simultaneous bars that are atk only and assa only

Mb

3%: tinker gem phase (1 hit)

Let me know if this is mixed up/if anyone has info to add! Best of luck all.

#11 Thrawn, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    iProphet likes this.
  11. I donโ€™t mind the top end 32k and 50k levels being upped, or even the 20k level. But upping the smaller levels make it difficult for smaller and newer players to grow, especially trying those still stuck on haunt/br rotations.

Even worse is upping the side legends which are crucial for new growing players to get plates for ab, osrai and deep lands. Making these legends โ€œexclusiveโ€ is just a way to stunt the growth of players adding months to the growth curve of new players at a time when the game desperately needs them.

Up the top tier main legends. Keep the side legends and bottom end main legend stages the same

12. Here's a brief run down on AotA difficulty:

My clan's last noth took 6742 hits. Our first aota, which we used many xtals on, took 20325 hits--minus 750 items, is 19575 successful hits. Many members had regular fails, so actual number of attempted hits is probably closer to 22k, maybe more.

22k hits, divided by approximately 70 hits per full unload (with glitch units, and accounting for at least a few fails per bar, is 315 full unloads. So, with a 100 person, all active clan, that's 3h of all 100 people hitting every hour, minimum.

Those above numbers are very rough and depend heavily on the stats of (and thus damage dealt by) the people hitting. My clan is overall #4. So for smaller clans, those numbers are likely to rise drastically.

So, yeah. Pretty difficult. A fun experience for sure, it's nice to have a genuine challenge in an eb nowadays!

13. You can say yeah itโ€™s fun to be challenged, but an eb can be challenging without putting huge gates numbers behind it.

Youโ€™ve put in this huge power creep from Noth to AOTA, which means you canโ€™t realistically release things weaker than this, without it feeling off.

MH-StealthGoat, iProphet and Apporina like this.
  14. How are the rewards?

Kory and Thrawn like this.
  15. Will let you know when we get them lol. One member has gotten rewards so far, and he got about 2500 goth items. I assume some of us will get plates when we get drops, so will update with those typical values.

iProphet likes this.
  16. N4S completed it too. N4S stats:
    22092 total hits - minus 750 is 21342 hits using units.
    Their last noth - took 7960 hits.

So, about 3x the number of hits for N4S toclesr AotA. Not sure if they altered their min cs for that eb or not. Dunno how many fails they had on average to try and estimate number of failed hits/total number of bars run.

17. Plate drops look like 1, 5, 10, or 18 plates (5/25/50/92 shards) so far. Final plunder payout lower than I'd hoped, but may be thrown off by my excessive Hanselness. 2200-2900 event items, same as goth, averaging around 2500-2600.

iProphet likes this.
  18. Not Impressed!

19. difficulty 3-4 times than noth not ok , 2 times ok