Moving Forward!

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by GaMMa_AtOmIc_ZeN_MaCHiNE, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Dear Devs,

Please release the Arcturian of the Abyss EB..or whatever you gonna call it. We have outgrown GotH and are ready for the NotH/AotA rotation.

Looking forward to an easy to run EB that fits the 5bcs-BC size with zero or minimal spy-only bars.

Also looking forward to being done with the EB-slowing Gem in GotH..

Please consider that a new premium EB has been released and yet, the masses are still capped on gold due to NotH payout being the same for an extended period of time.

The new EB will also help flush some new life into the game, as everyone enjoys a new EB release.

Thanks

Gams

2. đź‘ŤSupport

3. The masses are capped on gold? I’m not sure that’s accurate operating from the trenches. My clan runs mainly T2 EBs, I’m a baby in size, and I’m ~6500 on the main item LB as a non-roaming owner, nowhere near cap, or the endgame EBs that you claim we’re all done with.

A new EB sounds fun, as long as it doesn’t give more rewards than previous EBs, and thus increase the gap even more between your reality and my clan’s reality, most of whose members are much smaller than myself and my statistics.

Alternatively, make your EB idea accessible to people with Highlands stats, but reward near current endgame as a way to better skip the early grind for new players. Right now, it’s very difficult even getting players to the initial equipment reward in legend cycles without them knowing in advance what to do and being highly active. This means we can’t increase the difficulty (and payout) of EBs because they can’t hit with any sort of reliability.

deenie and Yarmes-TS like this.
  4. I did mention that the new eb should be for the 5bcs to build complete size.

Also, the gap that you speak off..is because of premium ebs...which all smaller players can also hit. The F2P eb rewards are now gapped further from the new premium eb rewards.

There is no problem with the T2 eb size or payout for events. I have an alt I started 2 weeks ago and it is already hitting GotH and NotH. You will have to find a guide to help your smaller new members. If there is no guide, perhaps you could put together a guide since you seem to care so much about your members and there is an identified gap.

Kaw is about community and teaching new players all the little tricks about growth and builds and everything is part of the appeal of this game. The community and friendships made are why the players stay and play.

But please don't whine about not being able to grow on a thread intended to help the average kaw clan and the kawmunity as a whole.

5. I just think you’re a little delusional is all. Your “average” KaW player in your mind is 5bcs - yet how can this be true?

You mention starting two weeks ago, and already are hitting NoTH and GoTH, then suggest I make a guide showing how to do so - when I already demonstrated that I don’t have the knowledge - because we’re stuck running T2 EBs (though I hope to slowly start scaling soon). If you have hidden knowledge, please share how to skip progression all the way to the end of the game and 5bcs in two weeks as a free to play player. My current activity has not been free to play, and I’m nowhere close to that number, so please, enlighten me.

I’ve actively searched for guides you describe, but most seem to skip the very beginning of an account’s life, and when asking in world chat or elsewhere in game, the generic response is “build forges and guilds and do legends” - as if this was 6 years ago and adding “plus legends” makes it updated. The only “trick” I’ve learned for helping newbies (in this crestplate era) is to trade them a charm or two to help them pass EBs..and that’s about it. They still have to earn tokens themselves. The spending order? What to spend initial volley gold on? Activity prioritization? Mysteries, especially to grow as rapidly as you describe.

Regarding “whining about not being able to grow” - isn’t that what you are doing here, if my post qualifies? You stated that free to play accounts are “capped on gold” - I merely countered that statement by saying that we aren’t, and why. Your response, “well, anyone can get to the end of the game in two weeks, figure it out yourself, also, I need help spending my gold, but also premium EBs are op” is not very helpful.

Help out the average KaW clan and KaWmunity as a whole, if that is your aim, and pass on your secrets of making 5bcs in 2 weeks, so that we can better understand your plight and thus support you.

6. So you guys both bring up good points.

Having the knowledge of the game that Gamma has, it is quite easy for him to get an alt up to goth/noth size. Complete one set of legends, and you will have the equipment/charms to hit those ebs with about any stats.

Gamma also talks about how it's the kawmunity responsibility to teach new players. Agreed, but this doesn't happen at a level of impact. On the same note, Gamma's clan is the exact opposite of that. It's a clan for eb hoppers to do fast ebs. Nothing wrong with that, it's needed even for bigger accounts. But this whole 'vets' will take care of 'noobs' idea is just that...a thought/idea. Clans loyalty means very little in kaw nowadays. It hasn't in a long time. You can count on one hand how many 'vets' are day in day out trying to help 'noobs' not be so noobish. And that's ok too. There is no wrong or right way to play kaw, but I digress...

At the size of Gamma or even myself, without spending money, growth is slow. Quick math, so it'll be off, but it would take me 4 days of not missing on a single regen(i.e. every hour on the hour) to pay for my next upgrade, which will give minimal stat or gold increase. The grind is silly.

With that said, Gamma is overlooking the grind to get to anything between our sizes. This is something I spoke of years ago. The grind for new players is too much in kaw. That is why this community keeps shrinking and it's the same people that have been playing for literally years.

Before I quit playing seriously, I went crazy in forums talking about how ATA needed to focus on the war side of the game and not so much in growth. It becomes a number chasing game instead of a war one. Which is what has happened. Without adding good content to keep the community engaged, all ATA could do with kaw is come out with new shiny builds and lands and eventually charms and furn to keep people chasing those numbers.

Going a step further, new players have noway of contending with players that have any decent length of game time in KaW. They do not have the charms or furniture and don't even know about the groups in 3rd party apps where mass amounts of trades are done. And even if they did, what are they going to trade?

By design, the only way to grow fast is money. While I don't fault ATA for wanting to make money, there are definitely ways they could do so while also increasing the overall 'customer experience.' As of now, the damage is done. There really isn't a fix to the 'gap' you guys speak of. It's not new, it was very much present 7-8 years ago. It has only gotten bigger with the release of new lands builds charms and furns.

Many games as old as KaW give player the option of paying to skip the grind. You can buyout max level or whatever the case may be. This would do wonders in KaW(and help curltail the very active black market) but it's against their microtransaction model. Why sell you an account with say all lands unlocked for a decent price when they can bleed you dry by having you pay $30-50 for xstals and seals/chimes per premium eb?

If KaW is still around in 5 years, it won't be because it's being carried by a new generation of players. It will still be the same ole faces around just as it has been. It's basically a social media app at this point. I guess the quicker you come to terms with that, the easier it is to care a whole lot less about 'the game.' Tap away and have fun and if you stop having fun, stop playing. KaW is not nearly as serious as most of us take it.

Cheers gentlemen🍻