So long and thanks for all the fish - A farewell from Kezzer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kezzer, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Hey kawmunity I'll keep this as short and sweet as I can. I am moving on from the game and as a kaw moderator. It's been a blast and I absolutely loved my time within the game and the community. The sad truth is that the last month I've been super busy and when I tried to come back I realised something. I no longer missed playing the game. I love the social aspect of this game and I loved being a part of the sucker punch family as they are a great bunch. There are some fantastic players in there who are great to chat with and some fantastic people with great leadership. Without these people kaw wouldn't be the same. I'll miss the fun talks in wc I've had with so many players and the great discussions on the forums.. The sad thing is that there are so many people in this game that are amazing that I'm really going to miss them but sadly my passion for the game is at an end.

Looking at the way the game is now I am happy that the current dev team will do a good job at keeping it running well and keep new fun ideas coming in. I might not agree with everything they do or where they put their focus but I can understand their reasoning. I wish them the best of luck moving on from here as I hope they continue to innovate and make the game better.

Lastly I want to say goodbye to the mod team. These people are so damn great that a lot of people in the kawmunity take it for granted. I know I did. They give so much time to this community and without them this game would be a toxic mess that shut down a long time ago. The mod team are the backbone of this community that does so much for it that the majority of players don't even realise. The team take on feedback from the community and condense it to pass on to the devs to further improve the game. It's a frustrating area for mods as a lot of we pass on from the players are great ideas but the devs can't implement everything. Time is limited and this game is so old that some things just aren't possible, or are so difficult to implement that it becomes not worth it.

I've been playing this game for almost 8 years total with about 6 years of active play time. I've been a mod for 3 years so it's fair to say it's a big part of my time while on kaw and has definitely helped develop me as a person. I will miss the great people in the time that I have worked with and I hope they will miss me too.

Special thanks:

Jedi - Dude you've been great all these years. You were super passionate to help me out when I first got mod and I can't thank you enough for how much you've been here for me over the last few years. You're a fantastic guy and I hope your you get the great life you deserve. I will miss all our chats and I'll make sure I come on occasionally to say hi and let you know how I'm doing. You've really helped make these last few years special to me and I hope you know you'll be missed.

Mei - We didn't see eye to eye early on because we're both so passionate about the game and the community and we're both pretty stubborn ;) As time went by I got to know you better and we started to get along well. You're an amazingly passionate member of the community and the mod team, even if you get a lot of hate just know that you're appreciated by a lot more people. Don't let the vocal minority get to you.

Wabbsy - You're so damn caring about the game, the players and the mod team. You're just all around amazing. I'm really going to miss seeing you get excited every time there's a bunny related pet :p
    Titan_God - Dude you're such a busy guy and I feel like I rarely got to speak to you often but whenever I did you were always so passionate about the game that I hope you continue to be that way. You contribute so much of your time to trying to find ways to help the community and the devs that it's unreal.

Dave and Michael - I always mix you both up and I don't know why :D I seriously wish you both the best moving forwards. Both of you have stuff going on in your lives that demand a lot of time from you yet you both still give so much to the game. I honestly think it's unappreciated by many but I want you guys to keep it up. You guys are just so damn passionate about this game and community and without you guys it certainly wouldn't be the same.

The rest of the mod team - I loved working alongside all of you. The only reason I am not continuing to specify each of you is because it's so damn tough to keep writing all this. There are so many great memories with all of you that putting it all into words is so difficult and it's not easy to keep writing this without wanting to postpone this until another time. That's the only reason I'm cutting it short.

Sucker punch family - Keep going strong guys you're a great family and you really need to keep it a fun place for people to chill because that's what keeps the clan being so great. I will miss my time chatting with you all and I wish you all the best of luck moving forwards

ATA team - You guys are really great at what you do so please keep it up. There are some great staff members in there who are really talented and passionate about what they do. It's a shame to see some people go over the years but that's life for you.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Kezzer

2. To support or not to support... Hmm....

Kezzer likes this.
  3. ๐Ÿ’™ we will miss you kezzer! Best of luck irl, come around and visit here and there ๐Ÿ˜‰ been a pleasure playing with you man.

Kezzer likes this.
  4. I'm sorry to see you go, Kezzer.
    It's been fun working along side you all these years ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Life does move on and I wish the best for you in all your future shenanigans.
    Don't be a stranger! I hope you'll at least stop by and say hello occasionally.

Don't forget to carry a towel.

Kezzer likes this.
  5. Youโ€™re a grade-A person Kezzer, was ya been an honor being with you on the mod team and having you in game. You will be missed tremendously I know. I do wish you nothing but the best in your future and hope you are blessed with all you deserve. I do hope that at some point in the future we do get to see you again. Till that time fight the good fight :)

Kezzer likes this.
  6. Love you Kezzer, thanks for all you did for this game๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป It wasnโ€™t lost on me or the community.

Kezzer likes this.
  7. Sorry to see you go kez but it happens to us all eventually real life first ๐Ÿ’š hope you have a blast. And donโ€™t you worry Iโ€™ll keep the unicorn love going for the both of us ๐Ÿ’š

Kezzer likes this.
  8. Good luck in real life Kez, it's been a pleasure working alongside you as a mod, but also having you as a friend.

I wish you the best of luck in the future and make a great life for yourself.

Come back just to say hi tho.

Kezzer likes this.
  9. Shame to see you leaving Kezzer, I do hope to see you pop in & out from kaw to say hi though! Hope that real life treats you well & all the best with the future

Kezzer likes this.
  10. Big big bunny hugs Kezzer!

Sad to see you go. Whenever you see a bunny think about me lolz! We will miss you x

๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฐ

Kezzer likes this.
  11. Thanks for everything Kezzer brother. I'll miss our conversations & working alongside you. It's really sad to see you go but I completely understand your reasoning. Please don't be a stranger. Good luck in your future endeavors brother.

Kezzer likes this.
  12. Thank you for everything Kez! Hope all is well and you play more in the future :)

littlekitty1 and Kezzer like this.
  13. I will miss you kezzer good luck on your journey in life

Kezzer likes this.
  14. Sorry to hear your leaving but you have to do whats best for you keep in touch stop in and say hi once in awhile

15. :( A true loss.

Kezzer likes this.